• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best places on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! Community members will not see the bottom screen advertisements.
  • Want to share your adventures playing Pokémon?
    Check out our new Travel Journals forum for sharing playthroughs of ROM Hacks, Fan Games, and other Pokémon content!
  • IMPORTANT: Following a takedown request, the following hacks have been delisted from PokéCommunity:

• Pokémon Glazed
    • Pokémon: Giratina Strikes Back
    • Pokémon Flora Sky
    • Pokémon Stranded
    The downloads and discussion threads for these hacks will no longer be accessible, and staff will be unable to return questions regarding accessing this content.

Ruby hack: Pokémon Snakewood Version

Arashiyouko

Team Dominion
Years
After a long history of glitches getting me insurmountably stuck in this game - first being no Ditto appearing on the sub, after which I spent two hours learning to use cheats on gpSPhone to make one appear, second being the stench of death stopping me in the Film University no matter what, which I used the trusty wall walking hax to pass, and finally my game getting stuck whenever I in-game save - discovered after I beat the Champion, and raged over for quite some time until I used cheats to walk around the logic breaking swimmer zombies guarding Lilycove Sewers - I have finally found one that is game breaking. For whatever reason, after killing Esau and talking with Birch and Blackthorn, the currents east of Pacifilog haven't disappeared and the Abandoned Mines haven't appeared. Is there any other way into the mines, like how Victory Road connects to Fort Draco, or alternatively is there any other way into Sootopolis? Hacks or not in either case. I have spent thirty six hours playing this game, and at least four or five looking up tutorials, cheats, and how to use said cheats to dodge otherwise insurmountable glitches, and I really don't want to stop playing this damned game unless there's no other way.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Jul 18, 2016
I've patched the game but it won't run on gpsphone on my iphone. No idea why considering most of the others work just fine. Any ideas how to fix this?

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Jan 31, 2014
Hey there! PkMn Snakewood is a dope game with a nice story!

But I'm stuck somewhere...

I went down a waterfall (I think it was at route 115 or somewhere) and ends at the beginning near Oldale Town at Route 103... I can't go back to were I was before, to the other site of the waterfall. I went walking around the whole map and talking to everyone, but I'm still stuck.

Is there anything I can do? Or can someone tell me where I can get FLY or WATERFALL? That would be great.

Greets

Arashiyouko

Team Dominion
Years
Does... does Cutlerine even still respond to posts here? O.o I've been forced to move on to other games and I really want to find out what happens in Snakewood. T.T

Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Feb 2, 2014
Hey there! PkMn Snakewood is a dope game with a nice story!

But I'm stuck somewhere...

I went down a waterfall (I think it was at route 115 or somewhere) and ends at the beginning near Oldale Town at Route 103... I can't go back to were I was before, to the other site of the waterfall. I went walking around the whole map and talking to everyone, but I'm still stuck.

Is there anything I can do? Or can someone tell me where I can get FLY or WATERFALL? That would be great.

Greets
As far as I can tell, you have to Surf all the way back around to Dewford, then Slateport, then Mauville...
Yep... alllll the way back around. :[

After a long history of glitches getting me insurmountably stuck in this game - first being no Ditto appearing on the sub, after which I spent two hours learning to use cheats on gpSPhone to make one appear, second being the stench of death stopping me in the Film University no matter what, which I used the trusty wall walking hax to pass, and finally my game getting stuck whenever I in-game save - discovered after I beat the Champion, and raged over for quite some time until I used cheats to walk around the logic breaking swimmer zombies guarding Lilycove Sewers - I have finally found one that is game breaking. For whatever reason, after killing Esau and talking with Birch and Blackthorn, the currents east of Pacifilog haven't disappeared and the Abandoned Mines haven't appeared. Is there any other way into the mines, like how Victory Road connects to Fort Draco, or alternatively is there any other way into Sootopolis? Hacks or not in either case. I have spent thirty six hours playing this game, and at least four or five looking up tutorials, cheats, and how to use said cheats to dodge otherwise insurmountable glitches, and I really don't want to stop playing this damned game unless there's no other way.
There are never any currents where the Mines show up. My guess would be you're looking in the wrong location- go right from Pacifidlog, rather than left, and hug the top rock wall. At one point you'll hit a gap in the rocks where you can head back down and to the left a ways before going back up- it's really hard to spot. Before killing Esau, there's a swimmer there blocking the way, but he should have disappeared now. Hope this helps!

Last edited:

Arashiyouko

Team Dominion
Years
But to the right/east of Pacifilog there ARE currents, right below who I assume is the swimmer you're talking about, and when I used the walk through walls hack to go along the entire north side of routes 131 and 130, there was only a large spot that would be normally inaccessible of dark blue (nonfunctional) dive tiles. Is it in the code the Sky Pillar not appear until the Champion is beaten? It's been too long since I played Ruby, I can't remember.

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Feb 15, 2014
It's a great game but i have ran into a serious issue that may make me stop playing. i am in lilycove at the market place run with all the zombies. well i beat it and it sent me to the dragon place and beat all that. only to realize he did not give me HM08 dive. and every now and then the zombies will show up again but ill beat like 2 levels and all the people dissapear. and the whole market is empty.long story short i cannot get the Hm08. i am stuck here and have been for a week. No matter what i do i cannot get the people at the top to reappear. is there anything that can fix this problem or what am i supposed to do??????

Years
  • Age 23
  • Seen Aug 24, 2014
I'm using this hack on my iPad2(using GBA) and when ever I have a battle with a trainer/zombie, it crashes. I have to save right before I battle or I would lose all my data...

Besides that, it's really really fun!

Years
  • Seen Sep 10, 2015
I don't normally post, but since I'm really loving this hack I thought I'd report a bug that has me literally stuck.

On the route between Fallarbor and the Falls there is a row of three berry bushes to the right of the house, just below an inquisition duo. After picking the middle berries and replanting one of them I have lost control of the character and - in hindsight quite foolishly - I saved the game there to see whether a restart would fix it.

Once again, though, great hack. I'm loving that you've managed to make a Pokemon game where the pokemon are almost incidental to the main storyline. The storyline itself is great too - really complex but perfect pacing, good balance of humour and seriousness and some really good NPCs.

Aj Harold

The champ
Years
Well, i like the idea and try to add more Unova pokemon to make it more exiting and what do you think about adding Mega Evolutions! We currently don't have any in GBA!

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Feb 15, 2014
Honesty this could be a actual game. the "Sierra" hack isnt bad either. but seems like snakewood has some work to be done on it. great game i love it. but if i dont get some help i cant play it. Cant go on without HM08 Dive but game wont let me get it

slim spazzy

Kik: spazzyda59
Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Jan 15, 2017
I played through this hack again and the stroyline never ceases to blow me away ! i love the hidden evolutions ! especially poochyennas XD.It was a lot of fun ! i just wish this hack had DP/HGSS tiles :(

Well, i like the idea and try to add more Unova pokemon to make it more exiting and what do you think about adding Mega Evolutions! We currently don't have any in GBA!

We have then in pokemon resolute and victory fire

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen May 14, 2014
Hello, first of all pokemon snakewood is a awesome hack :)

But...

Yeah I'm really stuck, I'm in fortree university and I got the visitor pass but professor Vercity is not in his office, and now I don't know what to do!! PLEASE HELP!!!

Hello, first of all pokemon snakewood is a awesome hack :)

But...

Yeah I'm really stuck, I'm in fortree university and I got the visitor pass but professor Vercity is not in his office, and now I don't know what to do!! PLEASE HELP!!!

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen May 12, 2014
This game looks great! I found out about it via Tumblr and made an account here just to check it out. Wasn't sure if you specified in your original post, but is this game compatible on Mac, or should I open it up on Windows?

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Mar 3, 2014
Hey all,

Love the rom hack, can't stop playing! But I've encountered a problem I've encountered earlier in other GBA roms and rom hacks. In every gba rom, there is a certain area of the game where there is no background. My character appears to be walking on clouds (?). For this game, I just encountered it in the cave after beating Alicia in the desert.

In Fire Red it was Lavender Tower, as it was in the Pokemon My Ass-rom hack. In Pokemon emerald, it was the cavern underneath the eight gym's city.

Does anybody know how to fix this?

Many thanks!

Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Mar 19, 2014
I lost to dark lord senex and the zombies were gone and I found the cave thing where I fought Alicia and found the sub again and now im stuck in it what do I do!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Apr 20, 2014
How do u catch a relicanth i think u can get the hoenn starters the same way u get the regis

Years
  • Age 55
  • Seen Apr 18, 2014
I've been encountering a bug in the game that pretty much ruins the entire thing for me. In the Necropolis Hub I can't interact with the hole that will allow me to continue towards the incarceration chamber. I know other people have the same problem and I've seen people in walkthroughs get through the room. I tried looking up a solution but to no avail. Does anyone have a solution to this? If it turns out that I have to re-download the rom and start over I don't think I'd play through it again

Hatsune Mika

FireRed Nuzlocke
Years
So I downloaded the patch and all that and then inserted into said baae rom but I never got past Birch..... he was a missingo himself. It was weird. I tried it 2 months ago and now going to get a clean rom again and already redownloaded this. If it does it again, doea it have to be on a comp or use on a phone?

Back