• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Script Help Thread (DO NOT REQUEST SCRIPTS)

Status
Not open for further replies.

M.L

Invisible
Years
  • Seen Dec 21, 2017
oh right sorry i wasnt ment to flip the command my mistake haha wasnt thinking properly ja

stocko

Toast Engineer
Years
Running Shoes Script error

Hello everyone!

I wrote a Person Event script to recieve the running shoes earlier on in the game.

Here is the script:
Spoiler:

I am using PocketScript. It's a person script. I am using Fire Red.
All of the script runs as planned except for the part in which the flag is set to receive the running shoes.
What is wrong? How can i make the player receive the running shoes?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

M.L

Invisible
Years
  • Seen Dec 21, 2017
i would like to ask have you put the running shoes setflag in the person Id and it should work if not well then i dunno

Years
  • Seen Dec 30, 2012
I want to change scripts in Advance Map but when I save I need to save as a .rbc file and I save it and when I look again nothing is changed from the persons or sign's script... what do I do?

Waflix

Silver
Years
I want to create the possibility in my Pokémon FireRed hack to obtain the 2 other starters later in the game. My solution to decide which Pokémon was chosen as a starter is creating a new script/event where you talk to a scientist in the lab that gives you your starter.
I was wondering how I could create a multiple choice script where you choose which Pokémon you get.

DrFuji

[I]Heiki Hecchara‌‌[/I]
Years
Hello everyone!

I wrote a Person Event script to recieve the running shoes earlier on in the game.

Here is the script:
Spoiler:

All of the script runs as planned except for the part in which the flag is set to receive the running shoes.

While I don't use PokeScript, everything looks fine but that is no guarantee. It might be that your map's settings are not allowing you run. Check out this thread as it allows you to run everywhere.

I want to change scripts in Advance Map but when I save I need to save as a .rbc file and I save it and when I look again nothing is changed from the persons or sign's script... what do I do?

I'm a bit confused - Are you trying to get a script to run in Advance Map but saving it in XSE? Saving in XSE doesn't insert the script into Advance Map, it just creates a .rbc file that holds the script and can be opened/ edited later in XSE.

If you're trying to insert a script into Advance Map you should open the script and then your ROM in XSE. You will then need to compile the script (The two blue cogs at the top) and copy the offset given to you. Paste the starting offset into the person/ script you want to have it in Advance Map and everything should work.

I want to create the possibility in my Pokémon FireRed hack to obtain the 2 other starters later in the game. My solution to decide which Pokémon was chosen as a starter is creating a new script/event where you talk to a scientist in the lab that gives you your starter.
I was wondering how I could create a multiple choice script where you choose which Pokémon you get.

Here is an example of a multichoice script:

Code:
multichoice 0x0 0x0 [B]0xY[/B] 0x0
copyvar 0x8000 0x800D
compare 0x8000 0x0
if 0x1 goto @Bulbasaur
compare 0x8000 0x1
if 0x1 goto @Charmander
compare 0x8000 0x2
if 0x1 goto @Squirtle

#org @Bulbasaur
givepokemon 0x1 0x5 0x0 0x0 0x0 0x0

The choices offered to you are based on which multiplechoice variable to you chose (0xY in the script). If you press F2 in XSE and open the scripting guide, you should be able to find a list of all of the multichoice options in the Appendix.

Unfortunately you can't edit the text of the choices in-game so you'll have to either HEX edit the options, use an editor like this one or use JPAN's hacked engine (If you're using FR) to create a custom multichoice.

If you want the game to remember which starter you chose, set a different flag for each starter's script and then check all three when needed to run different scripts.

stocko

Toast Engineer
Years
still no luck with getting the running shoes to work!

I tried setting the person ID to 82F as you said before but no luck!

This is actually getting quite frustrating... and the other person who linked me to another thread. That is to run indoors not set the running shoes. I might have to wait until later in the game to use them then.

Thanks anyways.

Years
  • Seen Dec 30, 2012
Thanks but I actually got Advance Text working so... but thanks I may need it later <3

destinedjagold

You can contact me in PC's discord server...
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Dec 23, 2023
Hello everyone!

Here is the script:
Spoiler:

Try this...
Code:
#org $dadscript
lock
faceplayer
checkflag 0x1200
if b_true goto $tired
checkflag 0x82F
if b_true goto $tired
checkflag 0x28
if b_true goto $gotpoke
checkflag 0x29
if b_true goto $gotpoke
checkflag 0x2A 
if b_true goto $gotpoke
checkgender
compare LASTRESULT 0x0
if b_true goto $boytalk
compare LASTRESULT 0x1
if b_true goto $girltalk
release
end

#org $boytalk
message $talk1
$talk1 1 =Son, i need to talk to you.\nI think it is time for you to\pget your own Pokemon.\pTalk to Proffesor Palm in his lab.\nWhen you have gotten it\pcome back here and tell me.\pThere is something very important\nI will need to ask of you.
boxset 6
release
end

#org $girltalk
message $talk2
$talk2 1 =Honey, I need to talk to you.\nI think it is time for you to\pget your own Pokemon.\pTalk to Proffesor Palm in his lab.\nWhen you have gotten it\pcome back here and tell me.\pThere is something very important\nI will need to ask of you.
boxset 6
release
end

#org $gotpoke
lock
faceplayer
message $poke
$poke 1 = Ok, now that you have chose your\npokemon.\pI have a very big favour to ask of\nAs may already know,\pTeam Storm's\nbig goal is to take over the world.\nThis is where you come in.\pThe first thing I am asking you to do\nis to go and beat all of the\pgym leaders\pWith them out of the way it will\nmake our plans a lot easier.
boxset 6
message @poke2
@poke2 1 = You must then take out the Elite Four.\nThe master plan will then unfold!\pMWAHAHAHAHA!!!\nI will have sent out some of our men\nto come and check on your progress\pthroughout this grave journey.\pAlso i have a little gift for you.\nYour own pair of Running Shoes!
boxset 6
setflag 0x82F
fanfare 0x13E
message $recieve
$recieve 1 = \v\h01 received the running shoes\nfrom Dad!
boxset 4
waitfanfare
setflag 0x1200
release
end

#org $tired
lock
faceplayer
message $youlook
$youlook 1 = You are looking tired.\nI will fix you up in a second!
boxset 6
fadescreen 1
special 0x0
pause 0x30
fadescreen 0
release
end

Although I suggest you try and switch into XSE scripting, for PokeScript is buggy. When I first started scripting, I have encountered numerous errors with PokeScript and my script not working properly even if there were no problems with the script whatsoever.
But it's up to you, though.

stocko

Toast Engineer
Years
Thanks again, but still no luck.
I am finding XSE a lot easier and have already noticed the difference. Is there something I should be setting in advance map? Like people Id or something?

Years
  • Seen Jul 12, 2011
Hi everyone,
The last 2 days I started focusing on Pokémon-hacking.
I started trying to learn how to script today, and of course I already ran into my first problem, which is probably easy to solve.

I am trying to insert a basic text for a Message-sign next to a house.

So, first of all I open XSE & FSF, I open the room, find free space, copy paste, and I end up with this script:

Code:
#dynamic 0x2DD100

#org @start
msgbox @bord1 0x3
end

#org @bord1
= [PLAYER]s house
Everything seems fine uptill now in my eyes, however, once I open the rom, and I face the Sign, the music keeps playing, but I am unable to move or take any action, the text also doesn't appear.

Im using a Fire Red rom.

Any ideas?

Years
Since my last questions here, I have learned how to write basic scripts, yet I have run into a problem.

On all the youtube scripting tutorials, they click "Compile script", yet my computer won't let me do so. Is there a wayaround this (Like the option encode on the menu in pokescript)? I have tried to use encode with verious scripts, even ones that have been used by numerous people, and have worked.

Years
  • Seen Sep 10, 2011
I'd recompile champions' script to free location and added series of check and setflag commands and those set flags would be used in giving starters script =)
It has advantage in a fact that champion can have different team each run (if you set it of course :D), isn't that great? :D

Ah, ok I see what you mean. Cool, ty. :)

Thanks to everyone, actually.

shinyabsol1

Pokemon DarkJasper!?
Years
  • Seen Nov 23, 2022
I am attempting to get a simple trainerbattle script to work. When I compile it into a regular FR rom, everything works fine. But when I compile the same script into a rom patched with JPAN's hacked engine, it freezes right before the battle should start and the trainer's music just keeps playing.

Does anyone know what the problem is here? I'm guessing it is something to do with the engine, but I can't figure out what.

Any help is appreciated!
Thanks.

Satoshi Ookami

Memento Mori
Years
I am attempting to get a simple trainerbattle script to work. When I compile it into a regular FR rom, everything works fine. But when I compile the same script into a rom patched with JPAN's hacked engine, it freezes right before the battle should start and the trainer's music just keeps playing.

Does anyone know what the problem is here? I'm guessing it is something to do with the engine, but I can't figure out what.

Any help is appreciated!
Thanks.
I unfortunately did not try JPAN's engine yet but if I remember correctly then it's "stripped" of these things and you need to insert them.
I'm sorry I really don't know... I hope someone else answers this better.

shinyabsol1

Pokemon DarkJasper!?
Years
  • Seen Nov 23, 2022
Ash493 said:
I unfortunately did not try JPAN's engine yet but if I remember correctly then it's "stripped" of these things and you need to insert them.
I'm sorry I really don't know... I hope someone else answers this better.

Thanks for trying to help. I'm not sure what you mean when you say that it is "stripped" of the "things" necessary to make this work.....and what would I need to insert?

But like you said, you're not really sure...and I'm not sold on the idea that I need to insert something. Wouldn't this stuff have been mentioned in the hacked engine's guide?

Anyone else have an idea of what the problem is?
Thanks.

Years
Can anyone help me? I've just got back into hacking and basically forgot how to script.

I'm having trouble with this script:
Spoiler:

Problems:
1.The rival only does the movements, but doesn't say anything and just walks off.
2.When I go into a different map and then come back, he is then there again, and then the script can repeat.

I'd like to solve this quickly as possible, thank you! :)

DrFuji

[I]Heiki Hecchara‌‌[/I]
Years
Can anyone help me? I've just got back into hacking and basically forgot how to script.

I'm having trouble with this script:
Spoiler:

Problems:
1.The rival only does the movements, but doesn't say anything and just walks off.
2.When I go into a different map and then come back, he is then there again, and then the script can repeat.

I'd like to solve this quickly as possible, thank you! :)

I have no idea why it isn't displaying the text :<

Did you set his person ID to 1000? If you haven't that would explain why his sprite is reappearing. I'm not sure why you put 'clearflag 0x1000' in org @done because that would be allowing you to repeat the script again - It may also have something to to with being able to see him again as well.

shinyabsol1

Pokemon DarkJasper!?
Years
  • Seen Nov 23, 2022
shinyabsol1 said:

Any help is appreciated!
Thanks.

Now I tried it on another FR patched with JPAN's engine and it worked! I forgot to mention that the rom that the script didn't work in had already been tampered with (test tiles/palettes and other scripts). Are my previous tamperings with the rom maybe what caused my trainer script to freeze? I just don't want this to happen when I start real scripting for my hack. :)

Anselection

Malicious Mapper
Years
  • Seen Dec 20, 2011
Okay, I've re-downloaded XSE, and it didn't work, so it's obviously something with this script. I'm trying to teach myself to script and this script(I thought I was doing it fine) crashes XSE when I try to debug it. A normal talking script works fine, but this crashes the whole program. Can anyone tell me what's wrong with it? This is for Fire Red
Spoiler:

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back