• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

What's your favorite Pokémon [of Each Type]?

Oryx

CoquettishCat
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jan 30, 2015
New section, new thread! This one will encompass all types, to reduce the "What's your favorite ____ type Pokémon" threads down to just this.

What's your favorite Pokémon (of each type, if you will) and why?

Remember that the no listing rule applies here!

Last edited by a moderator:
Years
My favorite Pokémon overall is Magnemite.

It's a cunningly simple looking creature, but when you get past the it's-a-ball-with-magnets-stuck-on idea it's quite ingenious how the magnets on its body resemble hands, but also wings or a sort. Having just one eye makes it stand out from a lot of the rest of the 151 251 386 493 649 Pokémon and its small, round shape makes it quite cute looking. I also love the weird electric buzz it makes in the games. It's like 110% suited to it.

Years
  • Seen Mar 17, 2024
My favorite Pokemon is Metapod :3.

I've always had a fascination with Metapod. From the first time I saw it, wondering which way it should face and wondering if it was supposed to look like an angry man with a big nose or a moon :P. But I really like Metapod for his ridiculous lack of strength and how it is utterly useless, which makes me imagine the possibilities of Metapod. Like, what if Pokemon the games were more like the anime and you could train it to harden itself to be as hard as a diamond or something of the sort. Even though it's a childish way of thinking, I can't help it, because I want it to be more than it is. Other than that, I think it's weirdly cute :3.

Years
I had a slip-up last time.

My fave Pokemon is obviously Oshawott, the cutest Water Starter ever introduced! I chose him as my partner in Black and I love his evolutions too. Oshawott even serves as my like, mascot. Marriland, the Pokemon walkthough guy I follow for my walkthrough sources used an Oshawott (now a Samurott) in his Pokemon White Adventure video series. If you are facing difficulty and don't know when to choose between Oshie, Tepig or Snivy - Oshawott is friendly for newer players.

Yeah, Oshawott is basically my fave Pokemon.

Years
Mienshao takes the cake for sure. \o/ I really love its design and the fact that it was modeled after a short-tailed weasel; too cute. Plus its facial expression really makes it seem like the "party leader" type of Pokemon haha.

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
Years
Gallade is my absolute favorite Psychic and Fighitng, as well as non-legendary Pokemon. Not only is its design extremely cool, it has high Attack and a wide movepool. Its Speed may hold it back a bit, but it can be fixed with Choice Scarf.

My favorite legendary Pokemon is Reshiram because the first time I saw it, it reminded me of Blue Eyes White Dragon, one of my favorite cards, from Yu-Gi-Oh. It also has perfect coverage in its STAB Fire and Dragon moves, with the aid of Turboblaze.

SilverAbsol

Absol's Shadow
Years
I love Absol due to its nature. A misunderstood hero that gets hated for trying to do the right things all the time. Plus its attack stat + ability to learn Shadow Claw, Night Slash, Psycho Cut and Slash, and Super Luck I just adore <3

A close second favourite is Snivy. I'm not entirely sure why, but Snivy has just been an amazing addition to the franchise, even if I would punch someone in real life if they had the attitude of a Snivy.

Favourite Legendary would have to be Articuno. It's design is just simply captivating, ever since Yellow I've always been sure to capture an Articuno and have it in one of my teams.

DarkWolf13

Battle Subway Editor
Years
One of my favorites is Ursaring because of its ability. Give it a Flame Orb and use Protect the first turn, it'll be devastating the next because of Facade's power and Low Kick to OHKO heavy pokemon.

Kayges

Ebb & Flow
Years
  • Age 30
  • USA
  • Seen Feb 22, 2016
My favorite pokemon will forever be Eevee, of course! The possibilities are endless to me. To begin with, it is so small and simple and even resembles a small fox with it's tail and ears. I love it to pieces. Then, which element will I choose to evolve it into? All of them of course! Each evolution is beautiful in it's own way. Sure, they may not be the most powerful pokemon, but they certainly aren't weak either. I would form an eeveelution team any day.

Elite Overlord LeSabre™

On that 'Non stop road'
Years
Persian. It will probably always be Persian. Yes, its stats leave a lot to be desired. But I've always been a cat person, and Persian is the original (final evolved) cat Pokemon, and somehow the other cat Pokemon introduced since haven't matched the original. Persian's design is simple, but it exudes elegance and class. And that outweighs its shortcomings IMO.

Shame about the name and it not even remotely resembling RL Persian cats, though.

Years
My favs are Smeargle and Kecleon, because their design fascinates me. Smeargle has a beret, a paintbrush tail and it's always busy painting something ^^ I like Kecleon, because it looks so kiddy, and has a line on its tummy that never changes color

Cherrim

PSA: Blossom Shower theme is BACK ♥
Years
My favourite Pokémon is Cherrim, which, if you've known my for any length of time longer than 5 minutes, was probably obvious. I don't even have a good reason for liking Cherrim. Yeah, it's absolutely adorable, but when I first latched onto it, I actually actively disliked grass types. xD I still don't like it much as a type. The only reason I began liking it in the first place was because my friend and I were making Pokémon teams for Organization XIII (of Kingdom Hearts origin) when 4th gen came out and we somewhat-jokingly decided Cherrim was perfect for Marluxia (my favourite character) and then I got one and named it after him and the rest is history. True story, even if no one ever believes me because they expect a story like "the moment it leaked as one of the newest Pokémon of gen 4, I loved it forever!!!" but... no. (Relatedly, I like Probopass because I associate it with Naminé. Don't ask.)

Anyway, origins aside, Cherrim is just so vastly ahead of everything else on my favourites list that it's not even a fair fight. I collect all its official merchandise (just missing some cards and various flats), I've trained quite a few in the games (including getting Marluxia to level 100... my first legit max level!), and it's essentially become my online persona, as well. PC is one of only a handful of websites where "Cherrim" is not my username. Most people even associate me with Cherrim instead of necessarily vice versa which is always a win in my books.

No one else is answering the general "favourite of each type" question? Really? Okay. I'll start? o_O;
Spoiler:

miltankRancher

Mega Ampharos is the one.
Years
Close tie between Crobat, Snorlax, and Metagross, but I am going for Crobat. I really loved his design ever since it came out, and with DPPt, I just love him eved more. He is speedy, can actually pack a punch, and has cool typing! Yupp. Definitely him.

Reject217

Great Pokémon Reject
Years
Hurhurhur, it's have to be Tyrannitar for me. It's huge and powerful, not to mention a Dark type. It's type alignment fascinates me, along with the moves it can learn...

Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Jul 14, 2021
Snorlax.

Once I saw it about 10 years ago, its has been my favorite Pokemon ever since. Its fat, chubby and likes to sleep.

Although I don't battle, but lurk in the Battling Forum. Battling wise, although it downgraded to UU tier in B/W, its a beast from RBY all the way to RSE with its immerse movepool, high attack and bulkyness . From the famous Curselax to the Gen I Special Attack Snorlax.

Yea, so I really like Snorlax.

TwiDragon

The fun shawl be doubled!
Years
Ok, lets give reasons.

Bug - Ninjask - I don't really like bug pokemon, but this one is kind of cool
Dark - Honchrow - He is one of the few pokemon that naturally looks like a boss.
Dragon - Hydregion - I've always wanted to see a pokemon that just loves choas
Electric - Magnaton - Mostly nostalgia, I had a really good mangton Pokemon card I loved using.
Fight - Scraggy - Fights well, its funny seeing it in the anime, and is the hispter pokemon
Fire - Ninetails - I like "dark" and beautiful Pokemon, and Ninetails fits,
Flying - Togekiss - It doesn't look like a bird, and its a 3rd stage evolve form that is adorable
Ghost - Chandelure - Because this thing is powerful, and I love gijinkas of this thing
Grass - Liligant - I love the gijinkas, I think it looks adorable, and I hate a lot of other grass types
Ground - Flygon - Same reason for Magnton, nostalgia
Ice - Beartic - Because I loved using it in my game, and I loved it having the nickname Desmond
Normal - Meloetta - I love her apperence
Posion - Roserade - I like the gijinkas of her, the apperence is nice, and like grass and bug; I don't like much of them
Psy - Gardevior - Nice artwork, sprite work, pretty useful in teams, first psychic type I ever used in game
Rock - Probopass - Because I can name it Mario
Steel - Mawile - Nice gijinkas, love the artwork, and it is underatted.
Water - Milotic - I loved sea serpents, and the shiny Milotic I have all the way back from Ruby is still my prized Pokemon

Sorry for not reading rules, here is reasonings.

psyanic

pop a wheelie on a zeitgeist
Years
  • Age 27
  • USA
  • Seen Apr 10, 2023
I just decided an hour ago that Aron is my most favorite Pokemon. I adored Steel-types from their debut. I don't know why, since I typically hate defensively oriented Pokemon and Steel-types are just about known for that. Aron is adorable and I first saw it on Ruby. I was determined to catch it and I did! Other than that, I don't really have many reasons. That sounds shallow.

Long entry here:
Spoiler:

miltankRancher

Mega Ampharos is the one.
Years
time to post my fave pokemon of each type! since I have not in my previous post

Normal - A Tie between Snorlax and Miltank
Sometimes, you like Pokemon because you are almost the same with them. And I am like Snorlax. Lazy and likes too sleep. A lot. good thing for him, he manages. He is also a real powerhouse when it comes to battling, until gen V where quick fighting types dominated the metagame.

Miltank because of my experiences with Whitney. Yes. Only that. Because of that, this little guy deserved my respect.

Fighting - A tie (O_O) between Infernape and Lucario

This thread is hard. :\ I like Infernape ever since I seen it. he resembles one of my favorite anime character. He has a high Attack AND Special Attack. He's quick and speedy and such. And I also love Ash's Infernape the most of his Pokemon. This is why.

Lucario. Who doesn't want Lucario? I remember the time when Lucario was revealed everybody wanted to be a Lucario. He's really cool for me. Aura reader, high attack, and effin Extremespeed!

Flying - Togekiss

9 words for all of you. IT IS SO FLUFFY I AM GOING TO DIE.

Poison - Crobat

This guy is practically the pokemonization of my childhood. Everyone of you may hate Zubats, but I like them. Because they practically evolve to this freaking monster! He's sleek, fast, decent Attack, GREAT DESIGN (whatever you people say), GREAT TYPING, and mist of all four wings! I REALLY LOVE CROBAT. HE IS THE GREATEST POKEMON FOR ME, AND I DON'T CARE WHAT YOU ALL SAY. #rant

Ground - A tie (another one) between Krookodile and Gliscor

This one is an easy tie, though. I like Krookodile mainly because of his color. and the fact that he had helped me A LOT in my second Black run.

Gliscor. Ah. I have always viewed him as the devil's spawn and consistently wonder why he is not of the dark-side. Look at his fangs. Look at that tail. look at his evil sneer. Look at those wings. He is a perfect Pokemon. Plus nice stats.

Rock - Gigalith

Not the biggest Rock-type fan here. but Gigalith is so awesome I cannot help it to like him. He has a nice design, though I cannot quite get it. LOL.

Bug - O my. This one is hard. Too many good choices, but I guess it is a tie between Heracross and Galvantula.

I have been an avid bug-type fun ever since, and singling one out is really hard. Heracross because he has a good personality! (remember Ash's?) he seems pretty funny, but when you know him better, he is a pretty good battler! OF course, I have always loved beetles.

Gotta love Galvantula too. Cool typing, great design, and not creepy unlike his brother Ariados.

Ghost - Gengar

Very mischievous, ingame, competitively, and IRPL. I like his shiny sprite!

Steel - Metagross

it is Megaman floating on its four legs. Too much for awesome.

Fire - no repetition allowed? then... Chandelure

The only fire type line with almost no touch of red. I love him being a ghost and such.

Water - Swampert, Samurott and Vaporeon

It is a triple tie! Water-types posses such variety that it is hard to choose just one.

Swampert is great because of this sprite.
260.gif
. Just kidding. He is a great battler, access to Waterfall and Ice Punch, and such. He is always my favorite Hoenn Pokemon, and aside from Metagross, Absol and Gardevoir, the only one I actually like.

Samurott is my most favorite starter of all time. He is a samurai. nuff said.

I have always been an Eeveelution fan, and Vaporeon is no exception. He is... fluid.

Grass - Leafeon

It looks like a Pixie! plus leaf blade is awesome.

Electric - Jolteon

Just like what I said before, I am an Eevelution fan. Jolteon is probably the quickest of all, and the first Pokemon I have ever actually fallen in love with.

Psychic - Espeon. Latios. Mewtwo. Gardevoir. Aarghh. Too many choices!

Awesome design and feel about Espeon. She is so... beautiful.

Latios. The more awesome of the Eon Duo. Yep. I like him.

My mot favorite legendary! Mewtwo is more than simply a clone. He is the coolest clone ever!

Gardevoir is the third Pokemon I have ever fallen in love with. honestly, who can't?

Ice - Froslass

Not a big fan of ice types, but hands down to Froslass for being a contender to gardevoir's beauty.

Dragon - Garchomp and Reshiram

Garchomp is like the most badass pokemon ever created. Land Sharks with blades plus the speed to match it? Check. Fangs, check. Rarity, check. yes.

reshiram. another legendary! Most favorite of all Unovan Legendary. Yep.

Dark - Umbreon and Absol

Umbreon is like the most awesome Eeveelution ever! He is so cool, and smug and really confident.

Absol is like Uchiha Sasuke. Nuff said.

Back