• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Rumor/Unconfirmed Information Discussion Thread

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jun 29, 2019
The starters will have a secret...if true maybe they will come with their Dw abilities...must resist urge to pick Snivy again, it's Tepig's turn...or maybe they all gain formes of their own...Water/Fighting Samurrot? Grass/Psychic Serperior, and Fire/dark Emboar, oh I wish...

It'd be better if it were grass/fighting, fire/dark, and water/psychic or grass/dark, fire/psychic, and water/fighting if you ask me, each starter would be both strong and weak against each other in that case, a rather nice change of pace from the norm if you ask me lol.

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
Years
Oh, maybe it'll be a Physical set of moves then seeing how the beams and Oaths are all special. They could be elemental Giga impacts ^_^.
N missing...he proably is hiding, or maybe he isn't in Unova yet until later in the game, that'll be ironic...

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen May 15, 2023
So far 2 years is right.

New Pokemon are just old Pokemon bringing the Pokedex from 156 to 300ish.

Nothing else has been shown yet.

two Rumors quelled.

Steven

[i]h e l p[/i]
Years
  • Age 31
  • Ohio
  • Seen Jan 4, 2023
So far 2 years is right.

New Pokemon are just old Pokemon bringing the Pokedex from 156 to 300ish.

Nothing else has been shown yet.

two Rumors quelled.

Another rumor put to rest was that we start in the big 3D city. We do start in a new place, but not there.

pokemonpokemonpokemon59

The official Machoke
Years
The cactus plant reminds me of a fake pokemon that was posted on serebii. By the way the person described it, they'd look about the same, so I say 50/50?
Maybe it WAS a pokemon planned for B/W2 but when it was leaked it was announced as fake to cover it up...?

Years
  • Age 32
  • UK
  • Seen Oct 17, 2023
Having another starter-only move would be a bit boring :/ especially since anyone is unlikely to use all 3 anyway, idk just seems kind of pointless.

bwburke94

Forever Aspertia's Aspie
Years
Freeze Shock and Ice Burn are in the coding of B/W. If this was Generation VI, and B2/W2 players couldn't battle B/W players, they wouldn't be there. This also rules out any new moves, Pokémon, or similar changes that would prevent the games from battling each other.

Kyurem will revert to its base forme when battling a B/W player (similar to Giratina/Shaymin/Rotom when battling a D/P player.)

blue

gucci
Years
Very interesting, I wouldn't have noticed this otherwise! I really do hope Starly is in B2W2 I'd definitely use Staraptor and I love their line.

Kenshin5

Wanderer
Years
Seems weird with the lack of Battle Tower being mentioned with the BF unless I am missing something. If those rumors are true hopefully it is stated what typing the gym leader is and where he/she is located. As well as new frontier brains.

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen May 15, 2023
Seems weird with the lack of Battle Tower being mentioned with the BF unless I am missing something. If those rumors are true hopefully it is stated what typing the gym leader is and where he/she is located. As well as new frontier brains.

Battle Tower and the Battle Subway are pretty much the same thing. They work exactly the same way.

Years
I think the new Prof. is expected. I would of been shocked if it was still Juniper. She was young and seems to me more of a traveling prof then the others. So I can see her saying she is exploring the world now.

Battle Tower and the Battle Subway are pretty much the same thing. They work exactly the same way.

But I thought akuroma was supposed to be the region professor....:o

I never heard that. I always thought he was just some guy working for the evil team.

If the contest work as the anime OMG YESSSS!

Last edited:

Kenshin5

Wanderer
Years
I suppose it would be a bit redundant, although it would be a bit nicer with more then four facilities.

Either way if they did have a Battle Frontier it would detract a bit for the people saying their is nothing to do post Main Story.

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen May 15, 2023
Akuroma isn't a professor. He's a Researcher, same as Fennel. Fennel is the closest thing you can describe him to in the Pokemon World. Nintendo and Game Freak have never referenced him as the game's Professor, though they do call him a Researcher.

B2W2 may not have a professor.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
The subway being replaced is not something I'd like. Well, I never use it, but the subway is unique to Unova and losing that is like taking a part of the games away. Plus a professor w/ the name of Oak? Pffttttt. Also for a 48 page pull out that isn't much information unless it's only a quarter of it, but idk. I think there will be a grass leader in general anyways lool.

Years
The subway being replaced is not something I'd like. Well, I never use it, but the subway is unique to Unova and losing that is like taking a part of the games away. Plus a professor w/ the name of Oak? Pffttttt. Also for a 48 page pull out that isn't much information unless it's only a quarter of it, but idk. I think there will be a grass leader in general anyways lool.

I think they said his name is a type of Oak. Its not actually Oak. Like how there different kinds of Turkeys or Turtles. Not sure though.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
Ohh right, yeah I meant that the fact that it's similar to Oak. All the other professors had names that were generally related to trees but nothing too close to what was already done before. :(

Years
Ohh right, yeah I meant that the fact that it's similar to Oak. All the other professors had names that were generally related to trees but nothing too close to what was already done before. :(
Maybe its Oak's wife or child XD. Actually a child would make a lot of sense since we know nothing about Gary's parents. If this could be true I wonder if they would toss pass references in. Cynthia said something about old champions gathering in BW so I wonder if this could be a fusion of the past gens fused into one. Like a Power Rangers kind of thing lol.

Back