• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

3rd Gen Fame Checker

vaporeon7

My life would suck without you
Years
Fame_checker_use.png

The Fame Checker was a Key Item in FireRed and LeafGreen which stored facts and information on important characters in the game. These facts and info were obtained by looking at bookshelves, talking to people, etc. It had no impact on the story whatsoever. What did you think of the Fame Checker? Did you find the facts and info to be useful or interesting? Could it have been improved? Discuss!

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
It could have been a fun sidequest if you got something at the end for it, like another Master Ball, or some Rare Candy, or maybe a shiny Pokemon. But it was just a pointless feature to me really. ;( I never saw the point in adding it. I guess it's nice for story buffs to get extra info to use in debates and such, but that's just not for me.

pikakitten

You met with a terrible fate
Years
I'd have to agree with Sydian here as it didn't really have a purpose except for story but mainly the story was small like the example below. Mainly I didn't care much for it. Hell, I forgot about until I saw this thread!

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Feb 7, 2017
It was kinda fun searching for the information about the various people in it. But that's the only interesting part of it. Too bad it doesn't have any real purpose.

Years
I thought it was a neat little addition, even if it didn't end up serving any real purpose. I was actually a little disappointed that I didn't get anything when I finally completed all of the entries, though, but it was interesting trying to figure out who and where every entry was.

Elite Overlord LeSabre™

On that 'Non stop road'
Years
I liked it. I enjoyed reading little tidbits about the trainers in the games. Still wished they offered a reward for completing it, but without the Fame Checker we would have never known that Lt. Surge's role in the US Army was as a pilot and that Koga makes his own medicine.

I wish they would bring it back, albeit next time with a little bonus for completing it.

Captain Gizmo

Monkey King
Years
Kind of useless in my opinion. Like the past post said, if we had a reward for completing the Fame Checker, then it would be cool. But it's pretty useless unless you're planning on completing the whole entry for the Fame Checker.

~*!*~Tatsujin Gosuto~*!*~

Buffalo State College
Years
I've looked through it once because I though the Fame Checker was an important aspect of FireRed and LeafGreen. I think the information on the fame checker was pretty okay, meaning that each important character's information did not bore me at all, but it did not excite me either. I think it would of been a good idea to have bought it back for B2W2 because all of the gym leaders are at the PWT and it would be nice to know about these people (for people that did not play the earlier games).

:t354:TG

Back