• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Don't Let the Catz say Zero! [DLTMS0 v4.0]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Dec 11, 2023

Oh we're on the topic of animu tonight! </3

I'm exhausted after being outside the majority of the day so I think I'm going to just relax the rest of the night yup.

Weeaboo Name

Banned
Years

Was being dramatic. Give me a scene where there is anything happening below the surface, anything profound at all.

The art is just artsy, as were [some of] the words.

I want to believe there is more to this series than I am seeing.

machomuu

Stuck in Hot Girl Summer
Years

I don't think I can convince you, Lappy, and I'd hardly think I could get you to believe what you already don't.

I would say that it is the contemporary anime in terms of philosophy...or rather, it's the anime in terms of contemporary philosophy...no, it is the anime in terms relateable psychology. I think the last one seems about right. It uses it's imagery to portray thought rather than profoundness, and often times that's why it works. That's why the imagery melds so well with whatever's going on, even if it totally contradicts it directly depicts it.

It certainly does try to introduce new ideas and ways of thought, but I wouldn't call them "new" so much as "ignored" or "overlooked", and it knows this. A lot of what the monogatari series is is to get you to think about what is right in front of you but you never stop to think about or understand, and that's why youkai are such an appropriate centerpiece for the series (or bake, at least), because that's exactly what they are. The show isn't really trying to be revolutionary or profound with its themes, it's simply trying to bring them to our attention.

Years
148. Completely ignoring the Bakemonogatari debate, I'm just here to state that I really freaking want that Meloetta Pirouette plush I spotted at a merchant's booth in the merch room at the convention I was at. Shame I had spent all of my money at that point.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Dec 11, 2023
148. Completely ignoring the Bakemonogatari debate, I'm just here to state that I really freaking want that Meloetta Pirouette plush I spotted at a merchant's booth in the merch room at the convention I was at. Shame I had spent all of my money at that point.

Awww that sucks. Well at least you have all of your Negima plushes? And maybe you'll happen to find Meloetta somewhere else, though that just might be whimsical thinking as when I decided to get Victini instead of Keldeo at Megacon, I was glad that I did when I found and bought Keldeo at Epcot.

Weeaboo Name

Banned
Years

I guess the next time I watch I will watch with these thoughts in mind. I honestly can't see anything more than a supernatural harem with coming of age elements.....my guess is though he'll never actually come of age though.

If I had seen it at a more impressionable age I wonder if my thoughts on it would differ.

Years
Disengaging your mind is probably one of the best tactics to watch any series ever.

Awww that sucks. Well at least you have all of your Negima plushes? And maybe you'll happen to find Meloetta somewhere else, though that just might be whimsical thinking as when I decided to get Victini instead of Keldeo at Megacon, I was glad that I did when I found and bought Keldeo at Epcot.

Those were a pleasant surprise, considering I didn't think anyone even carried that merchandise anymore.

I am pleased to find out proper plushes of Meloetta exist, though. Nobody had them at the big con in my area back in April.

Years
156. And actually be making stuff in my spare time? I think not! UR MAD 4 EEVIN SAIYAN DAT. sweet mercy that sentence hurt my head

Though that might be a handy skill to have. Onto the list of things I'd like to do but probably never will do it goes!

Twilight-kun

Pokémon World Champion
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 27, 2023

Going to Canadia

crap

Spoiler:

I love getting eaten alive by bugs, so much fun

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back