• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: [Hack of the Year 2008] Pokémon: rijonAdventures

Epsilon

Shiny Scizor
Years
*cough*

People hypothesize too much nowadays. Most times (like this time) they're correct. D8

:P

I'm sorry for all the questions :P
No really, i am :P

But (here it comes again)
is it a porygon-Z?

(And again sorry for the questions but this hack is just so awesome :D)

Antwhan

setting up for the big beta
Years
I knew those curves made him such an evil pokemon.

That's a really cool idea mate too bad about ur plot geting rained on. That's going to be really cool to see in action, a virtual world. i'm assuming some pokemon are exclusive to this place (aside from the virus) No need to tell who though. ;)

pokeguy12

The New Esuine
Years
  • Seen Jun 20, 2009
Sorry if this was already asked, but can pokemon that need to be traded to evolve, be evolved without trading? EG. can a kadabra/graveller evolve into alakazam/golem without trading?

Ripper

The Dark Knight
Years
Just a few things on the current Beta...

Are you planning on changing the Pokemon names to small caps? I know you've done it with people and places, but what about Pokemon?

When your father gives you the Running Shoes it randomly uses a different name I think. I might not of been paying attention :P

Where the National Pass is required, south of Mason, the guard says "SOUTH Rijon". Should this be small caps?

Overall I have loved the game so far, the aesthetic changes are nice too. For some reason it reminds me of R/S :P

EDIT: Also, I'm sorry if you know this, but to the left of the southernmost house in Hayward City there is a hidden Rare Candy. When you pick it up you get eight Rare Candies :P This is fairly common place in hacks, I'm not sure what causes it...

EDIT 2: Just north of Hayward where you battle your rival the movement script only works well if you are right up against the left set of trees. If you are not your Rival will not talk directly to you and may end up walking through you!

Sorry about posting all these :P

Last edited:

BlackRainbow*

Pokemon Coralo Version ?
Years
This is awesome Hiroshi. This UPS format is really awesome. But i've tryed to patch one of my game and it failed :( .

destinedjagold

You can contact me in PC's discord server...
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Dec 23, 2023
UPS ei?
I heard of it, forgot the source, yet I haven't tried it yet.
I might try it later on, soon, I guess...

it may be a bit off-topic, but would you mind sharing the difference between IPS and UPS format..?

also, i wish ou luck on progress~

BlackRainbow*

Pokemon Coralo Version ?
Years
You… didn't just try to patch FireRed with the rijonAdventures public beta, did you? That's an IPS patch, not a UPS patch… :x

The final game will use UPS patches. The current beta does not. You won't be needing UPS at the moment.

xD no. I've made a new UPS file with my hack.. but then i've tryed to patch but it failed.

BlackRainbow*

Pokemon Coralo Version ?
Years
hm..well this is wat it says.
"Failed! Input checksum is invalid."

Anyway hope to see some new progress of your game. Because its awesome.

Ripper

The Dark Knight
Years
So wait if ups doesnt work on vba what emulator are we going to play it on. Or is it self automatic like a fan-game?

I'm not sure exactly but I presume we'll either have to use different Emus which could be a pain in the rear, or a patch will have to be released for VBA.

EDIT: Whoops, sorry Hiroshi, didn't see your post. I thought you meant that we wouldn't be able to play any Rom with a UPS patch :P

Ripper

The Dark Knight
Years
Okay, just a few more things I picked up...

In the Owsauri Gym, if you head to the right and up the ice to battle the guy you will be on ice during the battle. This means that whilst the guy waks over to you normally along the ice, you slide and end up in a running animation while he is talking... It looks odd.

Also, maybe you gave the Owsauri Leader too many Super Potions. At first I was like, phew I'm glad I caught me a Growlithe earlier, but then I realised she had that stupid Lapras so I decided to Poison it. I was never able to get it down past half health as she has at least four Super Potions...

EDIT: In the Kids Clubhouse the kid with the GBA doesn't have a script. A child on the top story says "RED" as opposed to "Red" as well as saying "meed" instead of "meet".

EDIT 2: The guys that teach you the 'Mega' fighting moves say "MEGA KICK" and "MEGA PUNCH".

Also, one final thing. Although youhave moved many things around from FRLG, you can still tell that you've used them. I'm meaning things such as the Nugget Pass. It hasn've actually been changed. What IMO you should do is change the area from a long path into maybe some form of swerving path.

EG.

\ __________________________\
\___________________________ \
\ ___________________________\

With a trainer at the end of each path and the _ representing jumpable ledges. That way it makes it seem more unquie, otherwise it's the same old thing, with just a small tile change effectively. Of course, these are just my annoying ideas :P Obviously you'll do what you feel necessary.

Last edited:

Ripper

The Dark Knight
Years
I edited my post one last time :P Also, how many Super Potions does she have? Four? I finally bet (beated?) her. I evolved my poor widdle Growlithe and also gave Wartortle Mega Kick. I paralysed it with Weepinbell's Stunspore before letting lose a couple of Bites and Mega Kicks. Now I'll have to TMify Arcanine.

Ripper

The Dark Knight
Years
Oh yay :P It was interesting, fighting an Ice Leader... Ugh, unless you have a really powerful attacker or a status infecter the battle would be really hard. I suppose that's what you were aiming for?

Luck

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Years
  • Seen May 20, 2023
Yes, four. For the final version though, I turned it down and instead put her Pokémon at a slightly higher level.

Yay.
I like the virtual world effect a lot hiroshi sotomura.
The UPS is also good news.

Last edited by a moderator:

cooley

///Keepin' it simple
Years
Wow Hiroshi!
You're BETA is really something. I see that you're talented at inserting music into the hack, because of all the RUBY music I've listened to.
-cooley

Last edited by a moderator:
Back