• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[PKMN FULL] Apollo: A Journey of the Gifted [T] [OOC/SU]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kranic

What did you say about my hair
Years
  • Seen Jul 31, 2014
I think I'm going to reserve that swablu. Mind sending me the info on the professor too?

Years
  • Age 31
  • AU
  • Seen Feb 18, 2023
sent PMs out to those who wanted the info AND reserved pokemon for everyone!

ill edit your posts together golden rayquaza for convenience's sake. ;) and it looks fine! so you're accepted. your spacing is a little weird, you probably could have been more creative with your meet with her and i might have liked if you maybe described his physical body a little more (to get an idea of age) but its ok!

if you'd like to add some more if you get bored you can just edit it d: or if you want details on how to improve and stuff from your lovely moderator, im happy to do that for you too~~~ :)

Ewery1

Local Red Panda
Years
ARGH! Buizel is taken... I want to be reserved with Darumaka please, thanks!

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Feb 20, 2024
Name: Yukari Shimazaki

Preferred Starter Pokémon: Misdreavus

Appearance:
Standing at barely 4'11, Yukari looks a lot like a child, despite her age. She looks nothing like an adventurer. She has a slender physique and soft, fair skin. She loves wearing her hair down and letting the wind play in her cinnamon-coloured curls. Her big, green eyes are forever curiously scouting the surroundings in search of anything that could make her smile, such as a nice flower bed in front of one's house or children playing cheerfully.

She can usually be seen wearing colourful outfits, usually consisting of a loose, wavy shirt and a skirt or shorts. She ocasionally wears colourful dresses too, but only on special ocasions.For this trip, she chose to wear a pair of black hiking pants, matched with a pair of black hiking boots with purple accents, a white shirt on which she painted some purple flowers and a purple hiking jacket. She matched her outfit with a colourful hiking backpack that she tied purple ribbons on. Resting on her hips, she wears a lavander-coloured belt on which she hangs her Pokéballs and keeps small things that she thinks she might lose.

Roleplay Sample:
Yukari tightened her grip on her phone as she once again ran her eyes over the phone number written on the piece of paper in front of her.
"Dr. Hazel Jacobi" she read out loud, her voice trembling. She had heard about the journey to Apollo and she wanted to go too. "I got nothing to lose." she thought as she was writing down the phone number she heard on the radio. She really did not have anything to lose. She had no family, no friends. She was all alone. "All the more reason to go." she kept thinking while on her way home. But she was scared. She refused to admit it, but it was obvious from her body language and her trembling voice.

The girl sat down at her desk and placed the phone on the table. She reached out for the piece of paper, crumpled it and threw it towards the trash can. The crumpled piece of paper fell on the floor. Yukari sighed and got up. She reached out for the piece of paper again and went towards the bin. She extended her hand, but her fingers just wouldn't let go of the paper. She sighed and sat back down at her desk, straightened the piece of paper and started pressing the digits on her phone.

"This is it." she thought as she hit the "Dial" key. The ringing seemed endless, despite it lasting only for a mere 5 seconds.

"Hello?" a warm voice could be heard. "You've reached Dr. Hazel Jacobi, how may I help you?"

"Uhm..." Yukari said then bit her lip as she lowered her eyes before going on in a faint voice. "Your journey to Apollo...." she muttered,"I want to go too!" she said almost without breathing.

The woman on the other end chuckled softly. "Oh, don't worry, dear, I won't bite" she said in a warm, soothing voice. "Now, what did you say your name was?"

"Shimazaki... Shimazaki Yukari!" the girl almost yelled in the speaker as her heart started pounding and her cheeks turned rosy. "Please, let me go on that journey!" she pleaded with the lady on the other end.

"Are you sure about this?" Dr. Hazel asked, lingering over the word "sure" for a mere second. "This journey won't be an easy one." she went on as if she was trying to discourage the scared girl on the other end.

"Yes, yes, I'm sure!" the girl said almost desperately.

"Alright, alright, dear" , the woman said and chuckled again. "You seem really eager to do this so, I guess you'll go." she went on.

Yukari let out a soft sigh of relief.

"Now, come by my Lab one of these days. I'll let you in on every detail then." the woman said. "Now, do you know where the Lab is?" she asked worriedly.

"Uhm... not really" the girl said in a whiny voice then began writing down the address as her eyes started gleaming with hope and her lips softly curved into a smile.

"Oh, thank you, thank you, thank you!" she said excitedly before hanging up the phone and grabbing her Mismagius Pokédoll for one of their victory dances.

Last edited:

Ewery1

Local Red Panda
Years
Name: Timothy Stern (Tim)

Preferred Starter Pokémon: Darumaka
554.gif

Appearance: Timothy is a man about 5 feet 8 inches. He is a semi-skinny caucasian person generally wearing a greenish light jacket and green pants, as a form of camouflage. It does not have the normal camouflage pattern, and is a disadvantage if he is in a desert, because he will stick out. His hair is a bright blond which harshly contrasts with his normal clothing. If in the wild he will wear a green cap which covers his hair. He does this so that he will not attract attention from aggressive wild Pokemon. His eyes are brown, they go perfectly with his clothing he treasures so much. His face's features are very sharp. His nose is very defined, outlined by his always furrowed eyebrows as he assesses his situation. His mouth is a shallow red color, not a bright pink though. He has a dark scar shadowing his right cheek which was caused by an angry Sableye's Shadow Claw. He has other different signs of wear and tear all over his body, scars such as on his back and his chin. His chin is not as defined as the other features on his face, and dips softly into his neck.

His left pinky, second knuckle forwards, went- missing... In an accident on Mount Coronet in Sinnoh a rock slide happened, trapping Timothy's hand. He was forced to cut off his finger after thirty minutes of immense pain. His pinky was the only part caught. Also on his hands and feet he has callouses, formed from the trails of being an explorer.

Roleplay Sample:
Tim squinted at the Tauros in front of him. His hiding place in the bush was perfect. His green clothes blended in perfectly. He had to get inside of the bush past him. However, it was mating season for Tauros, and this one was a very aggressive male. Had just demonstrated that on another Tauros, it was completely ruined. The female stood behind the male, it looked rather excited, fueled by the energy of the previous battle. Now was the moment of truth. The two Tauroses were nuzzling, and Tim slowly crept forwards, along the tree line. The next bush was only a few feet away-
Tim's phone stared to ring. Crap. Why did he keep his phone in his pocket? The forest suddenly went completely silent except for the sound of his phone. He closed his eyes tightly, and pulled out his phone slowly. Opening his eyes, he saw the two Tauroses staring at him. The male one snorted out air violently.

Tim slowly raised the phone to his eye level, trying not to move too quickly, for fear of getting a Tauros horn in his chest. The number read, "HAZEL". Tim groaned softly, "Why now Hazel? Why now?" He clicked the answer button softly, and stared to back up slowly. He raised the phone to his ear and was greeted with, "Hello?" Tim didn't answer. "Tim? You there? TIM!" the sound penetrated the silence loudly and Timothy cringed. The Tauros snapped and rushed at Tim in a full on Take Down. Timothy's eyes widened and he turned on his heels running right into the underbrush. It wasn't thick enough to keep out the Tauros, and it just mowed over most plants. Tim hopped over a mossy log and yelled into the phone, "Why now Hazel? Why in the worst ti-"
"There you are Tim! Nice to hear your voice." Tim looked behind him and saw the Tauros not far enough away. Why did he turn around while running? Not smart. Looking forwards again, he ran into a tree, but shook his head, recovering quickly.

"I'm being chased by a Tauros. Make it quick."
"Oh how fun..." Her voice stopped shortly sounding a little misty and nostalgic, "Anyways, you heard of Apollo?"
"Yes." Who hadn't? Being chased by a Tauros didn't make a difference. Tim could hear the Tauros gaining rather quickly. THe forest was getting denser quickly, but Tim's advantage of being able to maneuver the forest didn't make a difference.
"Well, I've decided to ask you to go out and find the 'great treasure' of Apollo which Arden Stone talked about."

Tim's mind was whizzing with so many things. Adrenaline, however, took over. He couldn't run from this Tauros much longer, so he made a spilt decision. Tim pocketed his still on a call phone, a grabbed a vine above him. The vine halted him as he used it as a climbing rope. He had had no time to test its strength, but thankfully it held. Hand over hand he used many years of practice and fully formed calluses to his advantage. Just below him, the Tauros skidded to a stop. It grunted and stood below.

Tim perched himself on a branch and pulled out his phone again, using a branch above him as support. "I'm safe now, in a tree."
"So have you considered my offer?" Tim had completely forgot in the few s second of the mad rush he had, his survival instincts in full dive. Apollo.
"Of course I'll go. When have I ever been known to turn down an adventure?"
"That's why I called you."
"One problem. All of my Pokemon are in Unova aiding a research team. They won't be back for a while..." Tim's thought wandered to Sticks, his beloved Sudowoodo.
"I'll provide supplies and a Pokemon of course. Also if you successfully find it, I'll spilt the loot with you." Tim sighed. It kept getting better and better. She continued, "I have hired others as well."
"Others."
"Yes, just in case." Tim mentally made a note. He only worked alone. He would have to spilt up. Tim stared down at the Tauros below him. after the long pause, Hazel interjected, "Meet me at the port in Vermillion in exactly one week's time."
"Well do. Soon as this Tauros leaves."
"Bye Tim."
"Bye." After Hazel hung up there was a sudden silence. Tim stared down at the Tauros. Now the waiting game began.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 31
  • AU
  • Seen Feb 18, 2023
Wee thanks guys! I was at work today so i read them but I couldn't reply since it would take 400 years d:

yay!! ewery and kagami are both accepted!

i would like to say that kagami you could have been a little more creative (since it wasnt really my idea that dr jacobi would give it to anyone who asks) and much like golden rayquaza, spacing could have been nicer but these are things we can learn as we toddle on our adventures!!! :)
And ewery, your spacing too... or perhaps my spacing is wrong and everyone else at the moment seems right??? haha.

i'll post up my own character hopefully tomorrow before work! <:

oh and pixelrushe, i reserved that for you!

Ewery1

Local Red Panda
Years
Yah, you are right, when I was typing it, it looked like the spaces were regular, I guess I should preview before I post next time, thanks! So excited!

P.S. How many people will join until the IC is posted?

Last edited:

Drifloon

Can I also have the information you've shared with the others? :3

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Apr 2, 2024
I'd appreciate a PM on his personality too, thanks :3

Raw skeleton of a SU~
Name:
Martigan Martinko (male)​
Preferred Starter Pokémon:
Bonsly​
Appearance:
Thin, lanky, with curly gray hair put up with a headband and gray eyes, a face that looks mischievous or mean somehow, dresses in black jeans and purple hooded jacket with white lines along the seams, white t-shirt underneath.​
Roleplay Sample:

Years
  • Age 31
  • AU
  • Seen Feb 18, 2023
I fixed it for presentation's sake :P
Nice! But my issue also lied with the lack of 'new speaker new line' rule for a little bit and how all the speech part is all clumped together. you dont need to fix it, just keep it in mind so we can all improve together <3

Ewery1

Local Red Panda
Years
Nice! But my issue also lied with the lack of 'new speaker new line' rule for a little bit and how all the speech part is all clumped together. you dont need to fix it, just keep it in mind so we can all improve together <3

? I thought I had it. If there are any specific spots you noticed then please tell me. THanks!

Kranic

What did you say about my hair
Years
  • Seen Jul 31, 2014
Name: Anise Briar
Preferred Starter Pokémon: Swablu
Appearance:
Anise clearly a young teenager: she's a tad bit short; baby faced, fair skinned, with innocent round eyes, angelic white hair, and a childish smile that is always found on her face. People tend to be quick to associate her appearance with that of an angel. Anise stands at 5'4, standing a few inches below the boys her age. She has a slender figure that's working its way to a womanly curve. Straight strands of lavender hairs falls down to her neck, unevenly cut and fairly messy, it adds to her childish appearance. Her face is round and abstained from blemishes, her eyes are an unexpected a dark brown, ultimately going against her otherwise clichéd angelic features she had going for her.

Regarding clothing, Anise is rather fond of yellows and greens, though she is otherwise disinterested in meeting fashion norms. Her average outfit involves an orange top and a white bottom, and an orange pair of boots which usually devolved into her orange coat, a white pair of sweatpants, and of course her good ol' booties. On her departure to Apollo, Anise made sure to bring along a green bag, green beanie, and a pair of goggles she is rather fond of.

Roleplay Sample:

Spoiler:

Years
  • Age 31
  • AU
  • Seen Feb 18, 2023
I'll post my own character!!

Name: Benjamin Whistler
Preferred Starter Pokémon: Spearow

Appearance: Benjamin is tall, lanky and extremely nerdy-like, armed with a pair of black, thick-rimmed glasses and a stutter. His hair is a nice brown, pushed upwards with a combination of his own oils in his hair and a dab of wax. His eyes are also brown, making him feel a little boring, especially with the dullness of his glasses. His complexion is fairly good, the odd pimple coming through every so often, but not often enough to be called a pizza face. His skin is naturally olive so he never has to worry about a tan (not that he gets outside enough to have one anyway). He has a few visible moles; one under his left eye (usually hidden by his frames) and one under his chin. You could say that Benjamin doesn't look any older than 25 (but you'd probably aim for a younger guess).

His clothes during the weekends are as lazy as he is; t-shirts, hoodies, jeans, volleys; cheap clothes that work like clothes do. No piercings, no jewellery, no visible tattoos (he does have ONE from an accidental drunken accident; a star which sits just below the neck of his t-shirt) and no weird quirks like broken teeth (he had braces to make sure they were never obviously crooked). During his work week though, Benjamin switches to collared polo shirts and business shirts. Maybe a tie. Shined shoes, tight belt, pressed pants; Benjamin likes to look his best in the eyes of his co-workers and boss. His hair usually stays the same 99% of the time, perhaps combed with a little more enthusiasm (the only other time it looks different is when he sleeps).

Roleplay Sample
Spoiler:

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Dec 6, 2013
I'd be very interested in playing but I'm a little confused on the matter of starting pokemon. I've looked at the list of viable starter pokemon and the notes underneath of what pokemon are reserved, but I see a lot of sheets asking for pokemon not on the list. Am I missing something or is the list just a sort of suggestion?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back