• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Luckiest moments on Pokemon X and Y?

James

Make it double!
Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Dec 31, 2017
Ive posted this story in the shiney pokemon section but its so lucky that i just had to post it here to. I happened upon my very first shiny pokemon wild encounter in ANY pokemon game ever when i found my shiny Fraxture. After that i was so pumped about shinys that i learned about the Masuda Method and decided to give it a try. 8 charmanders in i got a shiny charmander. Later that night i tried out The Method with ralts and was able to get one in less than 15 eggs. That was the luckiest day i ever had.

UseTheRNGLuke

The RNG is strong in this one.
Years
  • Age 23
  • Seen May 25, 2014
What's the actual rate of hatching one with the Masuda method? That was the one I used, but I can't believe its so damn lucky to have got them :3

1/683 is what I heard for X/Y, I'm not sure exactly how reliable it is though. I don't think it's gonna be any lower than 683, that's already pretty low for shininess. What you got was probably less likely than been struck by lightning this year (1/280,000). If all 7,000,000,000 people in this world hatched 2 Masudaed eggs, chances are only 15,000 people would get both shiny.

Death

The Pale Horseman
Years
I hatched a 5IV Shiny Scraggy without even trying and using the Masuda Method. And with the same batch of five eggs, I hatched a 6IV Scraggy. The difference of a shiny and regular Scraggy is so slight, that I'm surprised I didn't accidentally release it like the others. haha

Years
  • Seen Oct 22, 2023
One of my luckiest moments would have to be when I was inflicted with PokéRus while getting through Route 14. I was battling a few wild Pokémon on my way, so that's how I got it. My unluckiest moment was when I encountered a shiny Litleo, and made it faint by landing a critical hit. xD" All I was trying to do, actually, is weaken it up a bit.

Years
Running into a shiny Drifloon when I was trying to find an Absol. Decided to catch the Drifloon (her nature and ability isn't very bad) and yeah eventually got the Absol afterwards. At least that Drifloon now holds the honor as my first shiny encountered in Kalos.

Sandslash Fan

Spikey Boi
Years
My unluckiest moment was when I encountered a shiny Litleo, and made it faint by landing a critical hit. xD" All I was trying to do, actually, is weaken it up a bit.
That's some bad luck :(

You can actually catch Pokemon without weakening them in the new version. There's still a chance to fail, but it's not as bad.

Deceit

Toxic.
Years
Well, lucky and unlucky I guess. I was breeding a competitive Galvantula, and I got a 4IV shiny Joltik on my first egg. Only one problem though. It had unnerve. While this may not seem like that big of a deal, without compound eyes, my use of Thunder is now useles. So, now I'm attempting a shiny Joltik using Masuda Method (which BETTER have compound eyes).

Tunuko

Huntin' Shinies!
Years
  • Age 36
  • Seen Aug 8, 2014
I was chanining away for shiny Smeargle - got a shiny patch at 20, started the battle and my balls just kept failing (I was using Luxary as shiny look epic in Lux balls XD) and they failed to the point that it eventually killed itself with 0pp left. Carried the chain on and it broke at 39. Started it again and found another shiny at a chain of 15 ^.^

Sandslash Fan

Spikey Boi
Years
Well, lucky and unlucky I guess. I was breeding a competitive Galvantula, and I got a 4IV shiny Joltik on my first egg. Only one problem though. It had unnerve. While this may not seem like that big of a deal, without compound eyes, my use of Thunder is now useles. So, now I'm attempting a shiny Joltik using Masuda Method (which BETTER have compound eyes).
If you kept the other one, why not get the ability capsule from the Battle Maison? Could be a shorter amount of time spent to battle for BP than hatch another shiny.

Deceit

Toxic.
Years
If you kept the other one, why not get the ability capsule from the Battle Maison? Could be a shorter amount of time spent to battle for BP than hatch another shiny.
Yeah I just realized that I could do that, looking at the thread today. I completely forgot about the ability capsule, and it's looking a lot easier than going for a shiny one (I am at around 200 hatched eggs).

MiniMinun

Azumarill Lover Since Gen II!
Years
In one of my Friend Safaris, I got a Dewgong with THREE perfect Ivs. Meh, it's not incredibly rare and I probably won't use that Dewgong other then for breeding, but I was still surprised.

Years
  • Seen Jul 11, 2014
One of my luckiest moments was against the champion. I had my low-health Florges up against her last Pokémon; I decided to use Wish, thinking I could withstand an attack (since Florges has massive Sp. Def) and chip away at her Pokémon until I took it down. Florges went down after using Wish, so I brought in my Ampharos to set up Light Screen. I may have overestimated Florges' survivability, but it was a good thing I used Wish; it took both my Ampharos and my Pyroar to finish the job. If Wish hadn't restored Ampharos's health after it took that Moonblast, it might not have done enough damage for Pyroar to come in and finish the job before she could use a Full Restore. I consider this very lucky because a miscalculation on my part allowed me to win the battle.

Years
Another one: I was in the Battle Maison on Friday night, and I had made it to the Chatelaine Nita (I was doing Single Battles). Her last one was Tornadus, and my Garchomp missed with Rock Slide when she got in a Substitute (I had a Choice Band, so I was locked into Rock Slide). She used Double Team and I did eventually break the sub, but then she killed me with Hurricane. So I had just my Mega Gengar left, and I Mega Evolved and missed with Thunderbolt. Then she used Hurricane and not only knocked me to around 1/4 my health, but confused me.

I hit through confusion. And killed her with Thunderbolt and won the battle. That was complete justice right there.

WishCookie

ヽ(*・ω・)ノNo berries for you!
Years
I just found a random shiny psyduck while searching for smeargle.

★Dark Soul Umbreon★

Totally not a furry
Years
One of my luckiest moments was finding a shiny Graveler in Victory Road. had a really good nature too! I caught it with a sense of relief that it didn't blow itself up.

Sandslash Fan

Spikey Boi
Years
One of my luckiest moments was finding a shiny Graveler in Victory Road. had a really good nature too! I caught it with a sense of relief that it didn't blow itself up.
I always, secretly dread finding a shiny Geodude in one of the Hordes on Victory Road. I tend to go there and horde farm for XP on pokes I want to level. My Pokemon of choice for that is Tropius due to it being able to Fly anywhere I want to go, Sweet Scent to draw the hordes, and Razor Leaf to blow them to smithereens :)

I guess you'd just have to be lucky and hope they don't all Magnitude each other and destroy the shiny.

James

Make it double!
Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Dec 31, 2017
I already posted one lucky event i had on the game. Which i still consider my luckiest moment. But i swear i should play the lotto or something because i cant stop being lucky in this game. I recently received a shiny psyduck in a wounder trade. I cant even remember what the other person got. I was also able to find a shiny Ursaring on the GTS for something i had like 4 of so i was able to trade for that guy. But the best would probably have to be what has happened to me within the last hour. Im currently working on Catching them all, and by that i mean 1 of every pokemon and every evolution of the pokemon. I was looking through the GTS for a Finneon and kept getting shot down by people swiping them from underneath me. I was getting frustrated so i instead went and looked up a Lumineon because i could bread it and get a Finneon. The first thing to pop up was something i could trade for so i jumped on it faster than lightning. I got the trade and when the pokeball opened in the little reveal after trading, i was looking at a shiny Lumineon. I was dumbstruck, i hadnt even looked at the picture before i traded and there it was. I about died laughing, but then i kept on going. I've been using Meowth's as currency for the GTS because a lot of people want them and are willing to trade pokemon you wouldn't believe for them. So I've had to breed a lot of them, to the point where i lost count. I do know that i haven't broken 200 meowths, but i just hatched one and it turned out to be a shiny. Now Meowth is one of my favorites, along with Persian, so i was literally speechless when that thing hatched. I swear, i could probably win the lotto if i played. :D

Back