• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokémon Opal

Would you like to be a Pokemon Designer or Spriter for Pokemon Opal?

• Designer, yes! (Contact me)

Votes: 53 24.8%
  • Spriter, yes! (Contact me)

Votes: 31 14.5%
  • Both! (Contact me)

Votes: 14 6.5%
  • Nope!

Votes: 116 54.2%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
here's the newest map of the game

<snip>
Just thought I'd chip in with some crit for this, as that's one area where I can. In my opinion, the area is very blocky, with most sections being square or rectangular - there are far too many right angles. This makes it somewhat boring to play and look at, so just try to be more free in your designs. Instead of having a straight line of trees, move some up or down by a tile to give some variation. Also, if I were playing and had to walk the entire height of the map (along the left) in straight line, I would get a little bit tired of it. Hope this helps :)

Freak A

Back !!!
Years
  • Seen Jul 18, 2013
Just thought I'd chip in with some crit for this, as that's one area where I can. In my opinion, the area is very blocky, with most sections being square or rectangular - there are far too many right angles. This makes it somewhat boring to play and look at, so just try to be more free in your designs. Instead of having a straight line of trees, move some up or down by a tile to give some variation. Also, if I were playing and had to walk the entire height of the map (along the left) in straight line, I would get a little bit tired of it. Hope this helps :)

Thanks for the critic NikNaks i'll try to improve the map like you said so that i can meet your expectations.

Note: Fans of opal
I'm proud to announce that the forum is now ready for members. Please join and display your work there because you could also be selected or your game could also be selected for hideAki some day.

To visit go to:
http://hideaki.forumotion.com/forum.htm

Last edited:

Nyu~♥!

Pokémon Opal Producer
Years
Using Pokemon Emerald Tiles makes the game looks somewhat original ;) But the fakemons such as Mimibud is little too plain and empty. Add little more uhmm.. Shadings,Highlighting,Details etc.

Mimibud would look a little.. too detailed for a starter with more.. details. I think it's fine. ^^;

Add more shading and highlighting, etc? Er.. that.. I think that's fine, but, I am considering using more shades, if that's what you mean. Thank you for the C+C, tho.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Sep 7, 2023

Mimibud would look a little.. too detailed for a starter with more.. details. I think it's fine. ^^;

Add more shading and highlighting, etc? Er.. that.. I think that's fine, but, I am considering using more shades, if that's what you mean. Thank you for the C+C, tho.

Uh... most starters are pretty detailed. I think the main problem with it is that its body is just a single shade of green, so it looks a bit plain. Although it's similar to Chikorita in that respect, Chikorita has a few details to break up the plainness - for example, its eyes are red instead of green, it has a string of buds around its neck, and it has white toes. By contrast, Mimibud's details are on its head and tail, leaving the rest of the body looking plain. Maybe you could give it little claws and a pattern on its belly or something?
I had the same problem when I designed my starters. For example, Dipleaf's old design was a bit like your Mimibud design; when I saw Mimibud's sprite, it reminded me of my old Dipleaf sprite. If I can add detail to my starters and make them look better, you should be able to too :)

Nyu~♥!

Pokémon Opal Producer
Years
Uh... most starters are pretty detailed. I think the main problem with it is that its body is just a single shade of green, so it looks a bit plain. Although it's similar to Chikorita in that respect, Chikorita has a few details to break up the plainness - for example, its eyes are red instead of green, it has a string of buds around its neck, and it has white toes. By contrast, Mimibud's details are on its head and tail, leaving the rest of the body looking plain. Maybe you could give it little claws and a pattern on its belly or something?
I had the same problem when I designed my starters. For example, Dipleaf's old design was a bit like your Mimibud design; when I saw Mimibud's sprite, it reminded me of my old Dipleaf sprite. If I can add detail to my starters and make them look better, you should be able to too :)

I get what you mean now. Sorry to deny so many things like that.
The reason I think Mimibud may look "too detailed" is because of my view of my own style. Mimibud came into my head without much, and that's how it appeared. I can't think of Mimibud with more details - I'm not sure why.. Right now I'm just thinking of it with spines around it's neck - the view of that - it doesn't seem to be in my range of style. I'm sorry to sound stubborn.
Though I really agree that many of my Pokémon are just.. plain.. For some reason, I can't get out of that weird habit! :/

Nyu~♥!

Pokémon Opal Producer
Years
hey guys.
I made a new sprite for the game. It's pre-evo may be used to make a banner! (I should make it with the starters, though..)
picture.php

Years
  • Seen Jan 15, 2010
You fakemon look great, but numbers 033, 034, and 035 look more like digimon than pokemon

Nyu~♥!

Pokémon Opal Producer
Years
That's because Ken Sugimori isn't working for the game. XD Either way it can't always look like a pokemon.
(and if it were a REAL digimon, it's 3rd level would probably have arms made of guns, no kidding... XD)

Guys, don't be afraid to comment. XD
I'm trying to see if I can post a video of a battle or something soon..

Freak A

Back !!!
Years
  • Seen Jul 18, 2013
well here's a pokemon that'll love to walk with you in opal's amity square

004.png

revealing the amity square cutie number:1 Mimibud

Freak A

Back !!!
Years
  • Seen Jul 18, 2013
Well it looks like you added the OWs but wht was that bitmap thing i have to fix.

Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen Mar 21, 2013
Tried PMing Nyu about music help but not sure if it got through...was showing 0 messages in my sent items folder.

In brief: I would like to help with the music for this game. I compose and remix music, or whatever. I'd post a URL here if it weren't for the 15-post minimum. Anyway, email me at [email protected] and I'll be happy to reply with the URL so you can check out my stuff.

Professor W.

Squirtle Fan
Years
Hello! I recently viewed the video, and I must say that it does look promising. However, "breeded" should be "bred." Other than that, I can't see anything wrong with the video, and I look forward to playing the game.

Squirtle!

Nyu~♥!

Pokémon Opal Producer
Years
Tried PMing Nyu about music help but not sure if it got through...was showing 0 messages in my sent items folder.

In brief: I would like to help with the music for this game. I compose and remix music, or whatever. I'd post a URL here if it weren't for the 15-post minimum. Anyway, email me at [email protected] and I'll be happy to reply with the URL so you can check out my stuff.

Welcome man. ;D

Hello! I recently viewed the video, and I must say that it does look promising. However, "breeded" should be "bred." Other than that, I can't see anything wrong with the video, and I look forward to playing the game.

Squirtle!

Thank you. I just can't wait to show off the new Amity Square, though. It's going to be filled with a couple minigames, too. It shouldn't take too long to finish, either.
The "breeded" thing, yes, I noticed that, just like saying "brang".. XD English is quite a language.

Freak, you and I need to find a new name for Amity Square.. hmm.. Maybe we should call it the Game Park? :/
What should we name it, guys?

OH YES, ABOUT THE DEMO,
It will be released after we finish the first island in the game. But who knows how long that will take..

Nyu~♥!

Pokémon Opal Producer
Years
UPDATES

'ellooooooo..
I am currently working on the Berry Bakery(well, pretty much, Maruno's doing it for us.. so, erm.. THANKS SO MUCH MARUNO!!) and Amity Square. I have no ideas for what to name the new Amity Square. But, it's coming along fine.. just that dependent scripts are so.. wiggly. :/ Ah well. I'm just starting to add minigames into it. But I'm not sure which minigames to add except scavenger hunts and maybe a swimming race or something.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back