• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

~Just the Classics~ Original 151 Fan Club

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sector

Banned
Years
  • Age 33
  • Ohio
  • Seen Oct 10, 2016
Was there anything you didn't like about Generation I?

What did Gen I have that the other Gens didn't have?
One thing I didn't like about Generation 1 that other Generation games didn't have, is that weak to Ice type attacks Charizard had. I remember playing Pokemon Stadium and getting hit by those Ice type attacks. I was stunned to even noticed that myself.

But there wasn't really anything I had problems with in Generation 1. In fact, I loved that Mew glitch in Pokemon Yellow. How could you resist that cute Pokemon!

What did Generation 1 had that Generation 2-5 didn't have? Well there is that Charizard weakness to Ice types. This is a toughie. I would say the glitch to get those secret/very rare Pokemon of Mew and can't do it to Celebi/Jirachi/Deoxys/Manaphy-Arceus/Victini in the others. That's about all I can actually remember :/

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
Years
What did Gen I have that the other Gens didn't have?
Gonna agree with all of y'all and say originality. I mean, Generation 1 is the era of Pokemon beginnings!

Also, there was simplicity. In generation 1, we didn't have to deal with breeding, abilities, natures, or even genders. Everything was just straightforward.

Spritingyoshi22

That guy over there
Years
What did Gen 1 have that the other Gens didn't?

I like the fact that evey pokemon was given a chance as in "don't use this pokemon it fails" , natures didn't have any effect, there was no special split and awsome glitches like the mew glitch

SS01

#PoC Collab
Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Jul 18, 2016
Haha, it appears we can all agree on glitches. XD

Well, I know we just got one, but it seems the only way to keep this club alive is to start a new topic:

Best Gen I starter?

For me, the answer is Charmander. I love Fire types, and he is just adorable. I start liking him a bit less once he gets to Charizard due to that being so overused/overrated, but while he's a Charmander I love him :)

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen May 11, 2023

Best Gen I starter?

Bulbasaur! Tbh I don't like any of them much at all, but Grass and Poison are two of my favourite types so Bulbasaur wins c: I think Charmander is adorable but I don't like its evolutions or typing; Squirtle... I just don't like anything about that family. And Bulbasaur has amazing typings and becomes an absolute brute in battle - especially on a sun team. I don't really like its design much, but t'is kinda the best of a bad situation. x] Ivysaur is pretty darn awesome though.

arbok

cobra pokemon
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Mar 10, 2013
I love them all equally.
If I had to pick it would be squirtle though because I usually pick to water types and Squirtle got me through my earliest play through. I still love Charmander and Bulbasaur though. Gen one and two are the only ones where I like all the starters in all their forms.

classiccartoonsftw

Nintendo is for awesome people
Years
  • Seen Jan 18, 2017
Best Gen I starter?
For me there's not really a "best" Gen I starter. (Unless you count Pikachu :P)

Besides, did you know that Blastoise is the only fully evolved Gen I starter that was never OU or BL?

Sector

Banned
Years
  • Age 33
  • Ohio
  • Seen Oct 10, 2016
Best Generation 1 Starter now or back then?

If you are referring to now, it's Venusaur, hands down. His DW ability, Chlorophyll, marks him of one of two ever starters to be classified as Uber. The other being Blaziken that is.

Back then? Charizard was to overrated and indeed a favorite. But doesn't mean he was the best. Let alone having that odd Ice weakness. Blastoise was decent, but not very popular among the three. So Venusaur was by far the favorite and best. So Venusaur is the winner! Same goes for the earlier starters with Charmander/Charmeleon, Squirtle/Wartortle, Bulbasaur/Ivysaur, although Charmander/Charmeleon doesn't have the odd Ice weakness thank to the Flying type, Bulbasaur's double typing extra makes it one odd and interesting Pokemon either way.

003.gif
003.png
003.png

Last edited:

Avishka

Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Nov 13, 2019
Best Gen I starter?
Charmander ftw. i love fire types and it was my first pokemon.

Olli

I am still bathing in a summer's afterglow
Years
Best Generation 1 Starter
This is a really hard choice, as all the starters have their goods and their bads, which can also be applied to most later generations.

Like, Bulbasaur is obviously the best to use if all you want is a playthrough, since it gives a good start, beating the first few gyms with a minimum of training, giving you a better chance of preparing for the following gyms, and as a dual type with Poison, its moves aren't too shabby.

But easy =/= best obviously, and to be honest, I prefer having a Charizard on my team over having a Bulbasaur. Charizard is just such an awesome Pokémon in itself. Its design is awesome, its movepool is awesome, everything is just awesome about it, and even though people lost interest for it long ago, due to all the newer and stronger Pokémon that has been introduced throughout the generations, it's still remembered by many to be, or have been, a strong Pokémon.

So my final answer would be Charmander.

SS01

#PoC Collab
Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Jul 18, 2016
Well guys, I'm sorry to say this, but unless we can get activity way up and keep it that way, this club is going to close. This has become so inactive, it isn't really worth it anymore. Nobody ever posts anymore, it has become practically pointless. I start a new topic, 3 people reply, then we're dead until I start a new one, there's no reason to keep going on. I'd rather have this closed manually than just having it forgotten about and dying, so yeah. I'm giving us one more topic to see if I can spur enough activity to keep us alive for as long as possible, but if that doesn't happen, I'm having this closed.

Favorite Gen I Legendary?
I'm not sure here, but I think.. Articuno. I like Ice types, and this thing's design is just so amazing, not to mention it's shiny sprite. Tell us what you think!

Sector

Banned
Years
  • Age 33
  • Ohio
  • Seen Oct 10, 2016
Well guys, I'm sorry to say this, but unless we can get activity way up and keep it that way, this club is going to close. This has become so inactive, it isn't really worth it anymore. Nobody ever posts anymore, it has become practically pointless. I start a new topic, 3 people reply, then we're dead until I start a new one, there's no reason to keep going on. I'd rather have this closed manually than just having it forgotten about and dying, so yeah. I'm giving us one more topic to see if I can spur enough activity to keep us alive for as long as possible, but if that doesn't happen, I'm having this closed.

I'm not sure here, but I think.. Articuno. I like Ice types, and this thing's design is just so amazing, not to mention it's shiny sprite. Tell us what you think!
It'd be sad to see this club close up...such as successful club. However, on to the topic...

I'd have to go with Mewtwo on this, then again there's Mew. I like the Green Shiny Mewtwo much better than Blue Mew..as I think Mew could had been Green as well (Look at Espeon/Mewtwo anyway). Or a bright White Mew would be awesome! So I'd have to say either one of the Mew Duo are my favorites. Of Course, Mewtwo's Psystrike makes his signature move one of the greatest. Mew's Synchronize ability is great. Depends on how you look at them.

Otherwise...the 3rd Birds...I'd go with Zapdos/Moltres tied and Articuno least favorite, but I like them all. I've used Zapdos most in-game and Moltres in the Trading Card games from the Gameboy color..and Articuno well..I've used him within my primary deck real life. So really..I've had history and used all Legendary Pokemon from Generation 1 to be honest. Quite the only Generation of Legendary Pokemon I've used all of them anyway.

Huggie

Mewtwo lover :3
Years
My favorite legendary is Mewtwo hands down although I hate its shiny form..Mew is really cute but ok..

Then there are the three birds. Zapdos is the most ugly to me coz I never liked its beak...otherwise it's pretty awesome. Moltres reminds me of a swan and it is very impressive. But I guess I have to admit that Articuno is the ...fairest of them all :P :P It has a very nice design plus I love ice types!

SS01

#PoC Collab
Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Jul 18, 2016
It'd be sad to see this club close up...such as successful club. However, on to the topic...

I'd have to go with Mewtwo on this, then again there's Mew. I like the Green Shiny Mewtwo much better than Blue Mew..as I think Mew could had been Green as well (Look at Espeon/Mewtwo anyway). Or a bright White Mew would be awesome! So I'd have to say either one of the Mew Duo are my favorites. Of Course, Mewtwo's Psystrike makes his signature move one of the greatest. Mew's Synchronize ability is great. Depends on how you look at them.

Otherwise...the 3rd Birds...I'd go with Zapdos/Moltres tied and Articuno least favorite, but I like them all. I've used Zapdos most in-game and Moltres in the Trading Card games from the Gameboy color..and Articuno well..I've used him within my primary deck real life. So really..I've had history and used all Legendary Pokemon from Generation 1 to be honest. Quite the only Generation of Legendary Pokemon I've used all of them anyway.

My favorite legendary is Mewtwo hands down although I hate its shiny form..Mew is really cute but ok..

Then there are the three birds. Zapdos is the most ugly to me coz I never liked its beak...otherwise it's pretty awesome. Moltres reminds me of a swan and it is very impressive. But I guess I have to admit that Articuno is the ...fairest of them all :P :P It has a very nice design plus I love ice types!
Interesting! Mew would probably be my second favorite after Articuno, I like blue Mew, although as Sector said a white one would be awesome! Green Mew doesn't really appeal to me, and I've never liked Moltres much, since it's shiny form looks like a plucked chicken. :cer_tongue:

Avishka

Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Nov 13, 2019
#1 Mewtwo is simply the single most uber Pokémon.
#2 Articuno is one of my Magestic and beautiful, strongest of the three birds in gameboy and also because of its incredible aura and stature.

arbok

cobra pokemon
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Mar 10, 2013
I must be the odd one out here but Mewtwo never really apealed to me. Must be because it appears so late in the game it is actually pretty useless unless you're fighting other players.
I think I'd pick Articuno as well. It used to be my least favourate but lately I've just started liking it more, I feel like it has the sleekest design and feels like the calm contrast to the other two birds which both seem chaotic.

Cid

Years
It's been months since I last replied here, and I've only had the chance to post once, in fact. Good thing I caught up before it could ever close.

I'm going with Zapdos. He's been OU for four generations and just fell short this time around but he still deserves the love. A friend of mine likes Zapdos, and I am inclined to agree with her. Awesome typing, holds his own aesthetically pleasing appearance among the trio (Articuno and Moltres look cool, too) and I just love the number two (i.e. Zapdos) in his name. It reminds me of the underdog, and I'm all supportive of any underdog. Plus it boasts a wicked Thunder, go bulky and laugh at your failed attempts in defeating it and just Roost off whatever pitiful damage you manage to inflict. And he's awesome.

Years

Mew would be my favourite generation 1 legendary! It's so cute, powerful and the fact that it can learn every move makes it just as awesome. Mewtwo would be second after all the success it gave me in Pokemon Stadium :D

Anyone else notice that the symbols for the Hunger games saga on the books looks like Moltres, Articuno and Zapdos? o.0

Unknown#

'Cause why not?
Years
As much as I love Mewtwo, Zapdos has always been my favorite. Despite Mewtwo being more powerful, I used to image Zapdos as being the Zeus of the Pokemon world.

Anyone else notice that the symbols for the Hunger games saga on the books looks like Moltres, Articuno and Zapdos? o.0

So I'm guessing the Pokemon League wasn't always the Pokemon League?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back