• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Video Game Character Debate: Round 6 - Dragons and MUTANTS!

Apple Juice

who are you
Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen Jul 15, 2014
My pick this time around is Solid Snake. Besides having never played Splinter Cell, Snake had been a critically acclaimed character in video gaming, to the point where he was mentioned in discussions regarding the best character in the history of video games. If that's not enough, he's a top-level spy, special operations soldier, and he goes through with every act and mission alone; only contact with his allies through radio. Quite the courageous character!

Sam Fisher is an expert in espionage techniques and various infiltration tactics, as well as being well informed in topics like face-to-face combat, surveillance, and can use any two weapons ambidextrously. A well fit soldier and definitely a solid video game character, but I edge Snake over him for being the more established in his role.

Dragon

lover of milotics
Years
Time for Round Six! And yes, I'm going to do this on this account from now on~ Here are our combatants:

tumblr_mlqrimDIBC1r9zr0uo1_500.jpg

Crash Bandicoot vs Spyro the Dragon!

Crash Bandicoot is a heroic, agile and mutated marsupial (whatever that is). He can jump, double jump, swim, and spin vigiously to defeat his enemies. He stars in his own brand of Crash bandicoot games, from the first game where he had to save his girlfriend, to Crash Bandicoot: Warped where he had to defeat this evil Tiki from ruling the world. He also stars in his very own Crash Bandicoot Racing game!

Spyro is a young, energetic, purple Dragon. Spyro is portrayed as energetic and curious, with little regard for his own safety. He is also described as a courageous hero, despite his small size. Spyro is also known for his somewhat cocky attitude and stubbornness. Spyro's main attacks consist of ramming his opponents with his long horns or breathing fire at them. In later games, power-ups appear that let Spyro do much more powerful things like flying, spitting fire balls, and breathing ice.

So, knowing all this and more.. which one of these two do you prefer, and why?

By the way! Don't be afraid to send me character vs character requests via PM or VM! I'd be happy to take up on those as well. <3

Wobbu

bunger bunger bunger bunger
Years
I've been waiting to see these two pop up on here :P

Both of these characters are great. I've played just about every game that they're in and have enjoyed all of them. They both have great abilities and are fun to play as.

Spyro

Pros:
Elemental Breath
Gliding
Charging
Sparx
Appears In Current Games

Cons:
Bad Jump Height
No Jump Damage

Crash

Pros:
Spin
Double Jump
Body Slam
Aku Aku
Racing Spinoffs

Cons:
Dies Easier
Aku Aku Is Harder to Spawn Than Sparx

Even though they are both evenly matched, I have to say Spyro is better. The Spyro games are always fun to replay. The stories are better than Crash's games and the level designs are much more varied than the Crash series'. Another plus is that Spyro games take much longer to complete than Crash games. There are, however, two things that Crash has over Spyro: a better soundtrack and the racing spinoffs. CTR and CNK are both in my top five racing games of all time and the music from the games are very good to the ears.

Back