• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Hunger Games Fan Club [v2 - Quarter Quell Edition]

Amu

remember who the real enemy is
Years
Hunger-Games-poster_320.jpg

The Hunger Games Fan Club [v2 - Quarter Quell Edition]

This is a fan club for the book and movie series, The Hunger Games! I fell in love with the books when I first picked it up and the movie (which releases worldwide in March 2012, and it's sequel in November 2013) looks amazing. If you've read the books or plan to see the films, join the club! This is a remake of Destiny Demon's club which he made back in August 2011

Club Rules

• All general PC and Other Clubs rules apply here
  • Please warn people of spoilers if you include any in your posts
  • In your signup post, include the word 'District 12' so we know you've read the rules
  • You're allowed to debate on things like shipping, but be respectful of other's decisions

Sign-Up Form
Username
Favorite Character

Current Topics

• Are you going to watch the film when it's released?
  • Which character(s) do you dislike?
  • Which book of the series do you like the most?

placeholder post //

saved for future purposes

Last edited:

Amu

Years
Phew, accepted! I was worried no one was going to join~

Whistle A Tune

Keep breathing
Years
I only bought the books on New Years Eve but I've finished the series and am now rereading it :3 Love them.

Username: Take a guess! Yep, Whistle A Tune

Favorite Character: It's a tie between Gale and Foxface. Just looking at the first book, Foxface hands down. The whole series...Gale.

Discussion Questions :D

1.) Of COURSE I'll be seeing the movie, I'm gonna stake out at the midnight premiere if people will go with me!

2.) I very much dislike Katniss. Reading things from her perspective...I'm glad I'm not a teenaged girl. I also don't like Peeta, mostly becaue of the mushy annoying romance thing... and because Gale has my heart ^.^

3.) I like the Hunger Games book the best I think. The romance stuff is thick at times but otherwise it's flawless. Mockingjay might be up there too, except that I despise the epilogue.

Katniss Everdeen

Just another tribute.
Years
OMG. I wasn't sure if there was a club for this. xD I'm so glad I found it.

Username: Katniss Everdeen
Favorite Character: Katniss & Haymitch

Are you going to watch the film when it's released?
Yes! I'm going to see this movie no matter what. I haven't been to the theaters in almost 2 years.

Which character(s) do you dislike?
President Coin. There are a lot of things I could say about her, but they would not be appropriate for this forum. :3

Which book of the series do you like the most?
Mockingjay. Where all my questions were finally answered.

I live in District 12.

EDIT:
I just wanted to say, Katniss x Peeta forever!

Last edited:

XEL

Lorem Ipsum
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Nov 20, 2022
SIGN ME UP

Username: XEL
Favorite Character: Peeta

Are you going to watch the film when it's released? Is the pen mightier than the sword?

Which character(s) do you dislike? President Coin. I can't stand her.

Which book of the series do you like the most? The first one :) Then the second. Third didn't live up to my expectations :(

Last edited:

Katniss Everdeen

Just another tribute.
Years
SIGN ME UP

Username: XEL
Favorite Character: Peeta

Are you going to watch the film when it's released? Is the pen mightier than the sword?

Which character(s) do you dislike? President Coin. I can't stand her.

Which book of the series do you like the most? The first one :) Then the second. Third didn't live up to my expectations :(
Spoiler:

Kevin

kevin del rey
Years
Glad to see the club revived. ^^

Username: Destiny Demon
Favorite Character: Gale Hawthorn

The question is: why wouldn't I? (;

Ehh... I kind of like all the characters actually. Besides President Coin and Snow.

The Hunger Games. Nothing can beat the original. ;3

Whistle A Tune

Keep breathing
Years
Omg Katniss Everdeen (the user), we're like total opposites xD

I've only got one chapter left in the Hunger Games...! I've been saving it all day but I'll have to read it tonight since I go back to school tomorrow xP

Years
  • Age 29
  • Utah
  • Seen Jun 10, 2012
This is so awesome! The Hunger Games is my life <3 lol :P

Username: xMissy
Favorite Character: idk...probably Katniss. shes just amazing.

Are you going to watch the film when it's released? DUH xD midnight premiere ftw!!

Which character(s) do you dislike? President Snow can die in a HOLE! for some reason Foxface kinda bugged me too lol

Which book of the series do you like the most? The first was great. Of course, everyone hates the third, but if you think about it, its really not that bad. it kinda had to end the way it did :o

oh, and district 12 xD

XEL

Lorem Ipsum
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Nov 20, 2022

Spoiler:

I thought that was a a really good twist, but I was extremely pissed at it haha. It seemed like a completely new character ><

I really only started hated Snow after learning of Finnick.. Before that he was just like any other tyrant to me.

Katniss Everdeen

Just another tribute.
Years
I thought that was a a really good twist, but I was extremely pissed at it haha. It seemed like a completely new character ><

I really only started hated Snow after learning of Finnick.. Before that he was just like any other tyrant to me.
What happened to Finnick had me raging. At that point I wasn't sure who was worse, Coin or Snow.

Amu

Years

President Coin. There are a lot of things I could say about her, but they would not be appropriate for this forum. :3

Oh my god your username, haha <3

Sometimes I disliked Coin way more then Snow, she was just as bad. At least Snow was honest to Katniss.

XEL

Lorem Ipsum
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Nov 20, 2022
Oh my god your username, haha <3

Sometimes I disliked Coin way more then Snow, she was just as bad. At least Snow was honest to Katniss.

I hated Coin from the minute she was introduced haha. Snow, I actually liked as a villain. He was that arrogant to the point of honesty type character and I really liked him in comparison with Coin. Coin, I just wanted to die.
Spoiler:

Katniss Everdeen

Just another tribute.
Years
I hated Coin from the minute she was introduced haha. Snow, I actually liked as a villain. He was that arrogant to the point of honesty type character and I really liked him in comparison with Coin. Coin, I just wanted to die.
Spoiler:
Yes! OMG.

Spoiler:

FrostPheonix

Eternity.
Years
Lemme join! lemme join!

username: FrostPheonix
fav. Character: Rhue. The little girl from the 74th (I think?) hunger games. She helped Katniss survive. Or president Snow. Somehow, I think he was quite intriguing.

No, but probably sometime later. Funny thing is, its being released on my birthday o_0. Kind of a bday present, albeit unintentional ^^

Hmm... well, I hated president Coin after I found out that she bombed Katniss' sister and orchestrated the deaths of so many little kids. Was so glad when katniss killed her. Not meant sardonically, mind you.

Well, I think I liked Mockingjay the most. Although several main characters died, which I hated, it had an interesting plot line. I like hunger games too, but I think collins played on the love scenes a bit too much there.

XEL

Lorem Ipsum
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Nov 20, 2022
Ahhhhhh I just saw it from the Hunger Games's facebook page. I CAN'T WAIT ANY LONGER.

Although it seems the history of the Mockingjay pin has been altered slightly? Not sure how I'll like it considering
Spoiler:

Back