• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Most Challenging Elite Four?

Hardest Elite Four?

• Kanto

Votes: 7 22.6%
  • Johto

Votes: 8 25.8%
  • Hoenn

Votes: 6 19.4%
  • Sinnoh

Votes: 6 19.4%
  • Unova

Votes: 2 6.5%
  • Kalos

Votes: 2 6.5%

• Total voters

curiousnathan

Starry-eyed
Years
Sinnoh proved quite challenging for me. Aron and Birtha were pretty easy but Flint and Lucian kicked my butt repeatedly, more so Lucian and his Mr Mime and its thunderbolt! His Alakazam was a pain as well with its energy ball. That is without mention of Cynthia, who I found to be the toughest champion I had ever battles. Her Lucario, Milotic and Garchomp in particular I found difficult to take down.

waveguidebuizel

weirdguybuizel
Years
I was going to say Sinnoh's, but looking through these replies and thinking on it a bit, I'd have to go with Johto's. I always seem to be more lower-leveled than I'd expect by the time I reach them, and there really aren't any good places to grind up a bit in Johto. Also, Will and Karen usually give me a bit of trouble.

Years
  • Seen Dec 16, 2013
That poop face Karen and her two Umbreons. Why, why did they give me so much trouble?!

The only challenging Elite Four for me was Johto. I've beaten the others by at least the third try. 5 and 6 had the easiest bullcrap for the elite four ever.

Cerberus87

Mega Houndoom, baby!
Years
Kanto and Sinnoh. Sinnoh Elite Four has great strategy in Platinum.

The Hoenn ones, though, bloody hell. Sure, Sidney and Phoebe are easier, but Glacia is tough.

A combo of Blaziken and an Electric type murders her.

And then we have Drake. You think Lance is hard, with his two Dragonites? Well, Drake has an Altaria, two Flygons, and a Salamence, all with moves that can counter effectively anything.

LOL Walrein. And Altaria sucks.

Olli

I am still bathing in a summer's afterglow
Years
Are we counting the champions as part of the Elite 4? I've always pretty much considered them part of it, even if they weren't specifically an E4 member :p In any case, my pick would be Hoenn. I've just always struggled to get through that one. I mean, I don't think I've beaten it one single time yet in which I didn't have to resort to using the title legendary. And whether that's due to poor decisions when it comes to choosing Pokemon, a lack of effort put into training or w/e, that's just always been the case :p I don't think there's anyone specific that I really had any trouble with, I just found the entire E4 to be relatively challenging.

I also think the Sinnoh Elite 4 was pretty darn hard, and I don't think I made it through it on the first try during my first playthrough. The only reason for that though is Cynthia. It's been quite a few years, but from how I remember it, all the actual E4 members were pretty easy, whereas Cynthia stood at the end to wreck anyone who was starting to feel confident :p The combination of Milotic, Garchomp and Spirtomb was pretty deadly, so yeah.

If I had to list them in order of difficulty, it'd probably go somewhere in the line of:

Hoenn
Sinnoh
B2/W2 Unova
Kanto
Johto

The only one I actually found to be genuinely easy was Johto, and that was entirely because of the low levels. The games progressed incredibly fast, and it wasn't really that hard to prepare yourself for the E4. As long as you've got an Ice type to take out Lance, Koga will be the only one that'll really pose a problem, and that's entirely because of his dirty poison tactics. So yeah, it was pretty hard to choose between Sinnoh, Kanto and Unova, because like I said, Sinnoh was only hard because of Cynthia, and same thing goes for the two others really :p

Alexander Nicholi

what do you know about computing?
Years
Hoenn was by far the hardest. I have yet to beat the Hoenn Elite Four and Champion without using a legendary. >_<

The easiest would definitely be the Johto Elite four. In Hoenn, the highest levels go are like 58, but the highest level Pokémon of Lance's is level 50. It's a really noticeable difference! &_&

Thergox

Average Hatter
Years
  • Seen Jul 17, 2014
To be honest, I never really found any of them that hard. Occasionally there's some loop that surprises me and changes my strategy (Cynthia, for example, as Olli mentioned) but I've always prevailed quite easily, even without a Legendary. I kinda wish I were able to see that Challenge mode for Black and White, though, 'coz the games in and of themselves are rather simple to beat. I was hoping to see Challenge mode implemented into X and Y (Namely because I don't have Black and White 2, am not likely to get it now that the new generation is out, and still slightly hate the fifth gen for ugly Pokemon), but I suppose I'll have to settle for what is there right now.

Back