• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Swap Meet Challenge

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
If you're doing the in-game challenge on an emulator, I prefer you don't hack. v_v Pick a different game and don't be so hell bent on RSE because it has the least amount of trades and gifts, it seems. :/ Wouldn't bother monotyping either because you're limited.

Quick question. Is it alright if I download from Pokecheck in place of actually hacking? I don't have a real way to hack and hatching a lvl 1 from my other games will take too long. I promise not to use perfect Pokemon, no guarantees on shininess though...

That will be fine. I considered using a shiny as one of my traded Pokemon as well, haha. Just try not to download something that has THE OMG BEST MOVESET EVAR if you can.

11wildy

Me!
Years
Alright, so it seems I'll play Crystal on my emulator, using Onix and Aerodactyl as my trades. And AI will probably get to use Shuckle.. XD And I might use the odd egg Pokemon if it turns out to be shiny :D And I'll record gym leader battles and upload them ^^

Edit: Of course I will not hack, that takes away the challenge >.< I prefer playing legit, as my team will make sure it will be challenging. :D Good luck to everyone ^^

-ty-

Don't Ask, Just Tell
Years
  • Age 32
  • USA
  • Seen May 2, 2015
Quick question about the .sav files.

Do you have to save in the game for the save file.
Or is it a saved state?

Sorry about being technologically impaired in advanced :p

jdthebud

Engineering Solutions
Years
Quick question about the .sav files.

Do you have to save in the game for the save file.
Or is it a saved state?

Sorry about being technologically impaired in advanced :p
It's a saved game (using in-game save), not a save state. The extension should be .sav or .sa1, .sa2, etc. Save states are .sg1 files, I believe.

Necrum

I AM THE REAL SONIC
Years
I had a thought regarding the concerns of possible under-leveling on the part of 4th gen games. Since we will all have traded pokemon, we will be leveling up much faster due to the experience boost traded Pokemon get. So there should be no issue except that HG/SS players may be over-leveled by the end, but who really cares about that...?

-ty-

Don't Ask, Just Tell
Years
  • Age 32
  • USA
  • Seen May 2, 2015
It's a saved game (using in-game save), not a save state. The extension should be .sav or .sa1, .sa2, etc. Save states are .sg1 files, I believe.

Thanks, I think I got the right file sent now ;)

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
If you're on an emulator, I have no clue. Myrrh is running emulator trades. I hardly have the time to even get on here and check how things are going. But there's a problem in that hardly anyone is signed up for games that are compatible, so hell, I can't even divy you guys up in groups. :/ Groups of 6 sure as hell ain't happening. Should have made this RBY only, honestly. Is anyone willing to switch games at this point? Since there are two people that can trade already, let's just use RBY. Is anyone playing on emulator willing to switch to RBY if they aren't already on it? Sorry, guys. Didn't really expect so few sign ups. If not, then...well, whoever is on FR and Emerald will have to switch to doing the in-game challenge because you can't trade with RBY or each other.

I can't even make the Wi-Fi group into a group...good God.

-flips tables- :|

-ty-

Don't Ask, Just Tell
Years
  • Age 32
  • USA
  • Seen May 2, 2015
Oh, I thought that the Ruby/Emerald/Sapphire could swap as long as we downloaded the appropriate rom.
Actually, couldn't all of the emulator sign-ups alternate among games if needed?

I could switch though, I would just have to redo everything! haha
Just let me know if the first option I posed is possible.

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
RSE can trade with each other, but there's only one person on Emerald. Then there's another on FR and two with Red and Yellow respectively. I'd hate to have to make people completely swap games when they .sav file swap. "i wuz in kanto now i'm in hoenn guyz omg!!" Alternate games in the sign ups would have been a good idea, which is what we did last year iirc.

If you're okay with swapping to RBY, that'll work. Dunno what to do about the person on FireRed though...

Also, the event can be extended if need be, but I think October 5th was long enough, especially with B2W2 release next month as well as a regular challenge event (which you'll have a month to complete unlike this one lol).

Necrum

I AM THE REAL SONIC
Years
There are programs that can trade pokemon between .sav files that would make FireRed/LeafGreen and R/S/E work with each other. I don't remember what they're called though...

We shouda let that guy who wanted to WIFI in. He might have been able to catch up, maybe...

Since there are only 3 WIFI players, I would suggest this layout:
Spoiler:

Just rotate our Pokemon in a circle for a while. It will also give us a chance to play with our own Pokemon one more time before the end.

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
Kenshin is possibly dropping out if he can't get his WiFi to work, so I suppose if that happens, the two remaining could just swap back and forth. And I don't know what program Myrrh is using when it comes to emulator trading. I don't know his method, so I can't give any answers. You'll have to wait on him to respond. Sorry guys. :/

tajaros

Hi I'm dawg
Years
I don't mind switching to Ruby... (You could just have contacted me lol :))
But, I'm already on the 4th Gym, well anyways it's ok to switch... :)

VBA Link can used to trade pokemon in Emulators... :)

So, am I gonna switch now? :)

Last edited:

-ty-

Don't Ask, Just Tell
Years
  • Age 32
  • USA
  • Seen May 2, 2015
tajaros, you and I could switch to Pokemon Yellow. Then we would have three for that?

Back