• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

First GameCube game.

T!M

Four Category MoTY (VG) Winner
Years
Assuming you ever had a GameCube (or Wii), what was the first GameCube game you ever purchased or were gifted?

For me it was Pikmin.

Years
  • Age 34
  • USA
  • Seen Mar 22, 2014
Some Donald Duck game and a Tarzan game... Not the games I would've chosen if I had been given a choice.

Years
  • Seen Oct 22, 2023
Mine was Super Smash Bros. Melee, just like TéaQQ. I used to play this game a lot during the nighttime when I still had it. I used to play it mostly with my sister, because it gets kind of boring when I play it on my own. I loved using Kirby, because he was able to swallow the opponents and copy their special powers. Plus, he was able to stay in the air for a long time, and it was hard to take him down because of that. My favorite stage was Princess Peach's Castle, because it was very colorful and bright. Also, I loved listening to its music. :)

Last edited:

Cherrim

PSA: Blossom Shower theme is BACK ♥
Years
When we got the Gamecube for Christmas, we got Luigi's Mansion along with it. Despite having it since the beginning, it was a really long time before I beat it. I haven't really gone back to play it since, I don't think. :(

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Dec 11, 2023
Super Smash Brother's Melee. My cousin really liked the game and when he found out we didn't have the game nor did we even have a Gamecube he convinced my parents to buy us one just so he can play it. Playing with him was a blast even though it was infuriating for a while because for a while he beat us like every time. I remember my first victory though! It was with Pikachu where I hid at the edge of one of the bottom wings on that one Star Fox stage and just spammed Thunder until everyone died. Ahhh, good times.

Years
My first Gamecube game was TLoZ: Collector's Edition, which comes included with a 20-minute demo of Wind Waker, and full ports of TLoZ, Zelda II: Adventure of Link, Ocarina of Time, and Majora's Mask. It was my first game because it was being sold with Gamecubes in the latter half of 2003, which was when I got my Gamecube.

Dragon

lover of milotics
Years
It was Rugrats Royal Randsome & Super Mario Sunshine for me~

Okay but before you say anything!! Yes, Rugrats Royal Randsome was a thing for me. I was indifferent to Rugrats the show, but the game was just.. addicting. Damn, lesson learned - never underestimate kid games.

Super Mario Sunshine is self-explanatory; it was pretty fun except for those secret levels, where I die about 10 times before getting it right, ahaha.

TRIFORCE89

Guide of Darkness
Years
On launch day I picked up Luigi's Mansion and WaveRace: Blue Storm

Shortly after that, for Christmas, I had Pikmin (!), Super Smash Bros. Melee, Super Monkey Ball, and Star Wars: Rogue Squadron

pompayyy

Forever and Ever
Years
First Gamecube game (kinda strange, I know) was The Simpsons Hit and Run. I wasn't allowed to play the ever so popular Grand Theft Auto, so I resorted to this. Strange thing is, I don't even like Grand Theft Auto.

Starlight Sprite

Resident Moon Fairy
Years
It was Luigi's Mansion. I received my Gamecube on launch day (it was an early birthday present by five days). I had wanted one really badly, and I'm not sure how my dad got one, but he was lucky. It was the first time he checked the rating for a game, which is why I remember it so clearly. The last game he bought for me was Conker's Bad Fur Day on the notion that he never cared about ratings and featured a cute little squirrel on the front. Despite the warning on the package he thought it "couldn't be bad for kids." We were all surprised when we put in the N64.

Gfx

╰☆╮You're Perfect ❤
Years
My first Gamecube game was TLoZ: Collector's Edition, which comes included with a 20-minute demo of Wind Waker, and full ports of TLoZ, Zelda II: Adventure of Link, Ocarina of Time, and Majora's Mask. It was my first game because it was being sold with Gamecubes in the latter half of 2003, which was when I got my Gamecube.

This ^. However, I didn't really play this. The first games that I got and played were Super Mario Sunsuine, Mario Party 4, Super Smash Bros Melee and Mario Kart Double Dash.

TwilightBlade

All dreams are but another reality.
Years
I got my Gamecube and a couple of used games on Christmas 2003. Let me see if I can remember them since I regrettably returned so many... At first, I thought these games were faulty, but I ended up exchanging my Gamecube around late January or so because it was the issue. My Gamecube wasn't reading discs. Then in February, I corrupted my save file on my memory card when trying to clone my chao in the Sonic game, but anyway.. (problem child).

Sonic Adventure 2: Battle
Spyro: Enter The Dragonfly (returned)
Super Mario Sunshine (returned)
Star Fox Adventures (returned)

Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen Dec 16, 2022
I think the first GCN game I played was Sonic Heroes. From when I reclal it was a great game to play with friends, but It's definitely one of the weaker titles from the series after a recent playthrough.

Years
This is hard because it was soooo long ago. We upgraded to that from our N64. I'm pretty sure the first game we had was either Super Mario Sunshine or Pikmin, then we got SSBM, Metroid, etc.

Ultra - Retro Reviver!

Ultra - Retro Reviver
Years
Mine was Super Mario Sunshine but I really didn't like that game. With my GameCube I also got Zelda: Collector's Edition. So I'll probably go with Zelda because I think it is superior to Mario in all ways possible! :P

Back