• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: [Hack of the Month 2008] [BETA 2 OUT!] POKéMON MARBLE - The long life - 4/1/08

Teh Baro

In my times...!
Years
POKéMON MARBLE - The long life
By BARO - author of POKéMON QUARTZ

A hack of POKéMON FIRE RED

20 years after the adventures of Ran and J.Akira, a new quest begins in the region of GARNA in the country of Lowheaven. An innocent trainer will get involved in an obscure plot of gangsters, mafias and a great secret. However, the real enemy that everybody tries to fight is the Death... but is that a right thing to do?

Professor Baro will help you in your career as a trainer. Fight new trainers, new Pokémon, the GLASS ARMY and The Phantom, a mysterious character with a dark secret. Travel around the other regions in the country using the EGG TRAIN, catch the four guardians and a whole new collection of legendary. Be part of the legends of this magical country. Travel through the forests, the molehills, the seas, the caves, deserts, towns, (big) cities while meeting new trainers.

Pokémon Marble features some of the pokemon already in Pokémon Quartz, but most of them will be new for you. There are also some brand new Pokémon. All the new graphics are slighty more professional, as well as the text and other stuff.

Now for a mosaic of random and repeating pics, they tell a lot more than a whole lot of random and repeating text:
Titlescreen.png
introvideo3.png
introvideo2.png
letter.png
coalchu.png
todad.png
chapebaya.png
magiken.png
girl.png
dude.png
rival.png
window.png
fight.png
BAROCOMES.png
tangerine.png
mapget.png
6turkurs.png
fatman.png
fatmanlessons.png
hurhur.png
statue.png
run.png
raka.png
lando.png

*Notice that that ugly tree has been changed. There're screens of the new tree somewhere around there
See in action >
GO TO POKéMON MARBLE VIDEO PLAYLIST

· BETA 2.1 AVAILABLE! ------- *************************
Download here, in WAH (it's the one in the bottom of the page)/B]

KNOWN ISSUES (apart for the things not done yet, see the readme for more info):

· At MOLEHILLS, after exiting the mole galleries, you see the map border in the right. That's because there's no route connecting YET.

·Some events may be played again if you continue your game from beta 1. That's because I changed some flags.

Please submit glitches if you find them. That's what betas are for.

CURRENT PROGRESS

Click to enlarge

(updated 15/3/08)

Last edited:

Saurav

~`;I am the Frozen Sun;`~
Years
WOW now we are talking.... the story sounds cool and somemore what with a beta, I will try it out soon.

destinedjagold

You can contact me in PC's discord server...
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Dec 23, 2023
Neutral.jpg
Okay~... this is new...
Smile.jpg
Well.., uh. Good luck, anyways!

Ivysaur

Grass dinosaur extraordinaire
Years
Well, I played it and it was even better than I thought. I have a question: are you going to keep half of the houses around closed? It looks like... lazy-ish.
Ah! I found an important glitch: the second battle with the rival, in the exit of the forest, your rival simply doesn't appear:

yelrival2ts9.png

The first time, I thought he was calling me by phone... The battle goes on correctly, nevertheless.

(Oh, and this guy in the shop finishes his sentence with a comma instead of a dot... minor stupid thing)

comalu2.png

cooley

///Keepin' it simple
Years
Whoooooo! 4th post.(LOL).
Nice Screen shots, I like the Title Screen a lot. Wonder how you did it??

Anyway those Pokémon I've seen somewhere before, I have a Beta of that in Ruby. I looked at them through pokepic, but it is really old.

Good luck!

Teh Baro

In my times...!
Years
Well, I played it and it was even better than I thought. I have a question: are you going to keep half of the houses around closed? It looks like... lazy-ish.
Making every house around open would need to make 1000 useless maps. I'm adding some where needed, but it would be stupid. Actually I just add more houses, though closed, because it's stupid to see "cerulean city" and see 5 houses. WTF, FIVE HOUSES DO NOT MAKE A CITY!

Hmmm? I though that worked. I'll check what happens there.

Ooops

Cooley said:
Anyway those Pokémon I've seen somewhere before, I have a Beta of that in Ruby. I looked at them through pokepic, but it is really old.
In my old hack, pokémon quartz. (I hope, otherwise it'd mean that somebody stole them)

djloi

Noob Hacker
Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen May 8, 2017
cool job..i waiting forward for ur next presentation =)

Binary

え?
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Apr 7, 2014
Ummm..........Looks pretty cool!!
All I have to say is good luck
The graphics look okay and the new pokemon look
great but you should improve em

Years
Looks interesting. Unfortunately, fakemon still need A LOT of work (duh, fakemon maniac says that xD). But that doesn't mean I won't enjoy playing this hack ;d Good luck and...um...yeah.

Ivysaur

Grass dinosaur extraordinaire
Years
Ok, big problem: the script of the phantom guy has a problem and isn't correctly finished, so the music start playing lower and nothing happens. Freezing. I had to use the walk through walls code to avoid him.

And I found this in the other side:

cartelraroum1.png

Last edited:

Teh Baro

In my times...!
Years
Ok, big problem: the script of the phantom guy has a problem and isn't correctly finished, so the music start playing lower and nothing happens. Freezing. I had to use the walk through walls code to avoid him.

And I found this in the other side:

cartelraroum1.png

(Here was supposed to be a comment about how much I like the game, but, since Ozu is also around here...)

NOW that's weird, both things were tested (actally if the phantom think hadn't worked I wouldn't have passed that area.
It's soemthing usual when I post betas, so well, maybe I'll post a fixed update soon. Why the rival not appearing still puzzles me, I think I know why does it happen, but I still need to know a way to know where a sprite is even if I don't see it during the game...

Last edited:

pokeguy12

The New Esuine
Years
  • Seen Jun 20, 2009
woah i found a few wild lv3 COMUBSKENS. 0.0 , can you find other starters on the same route?

Yono

Creepin' and Crawlin'
Years
The VBA I'm using won't load it. -____- And I really wanted to play this.

Last edited:

pokeguy12

The New Esuine
Years
  • Seen Jun 20, 2009
hm rob , if you go to your party ineventory go look at their icons and you'll find out. he hasn't FULLY edited the main pokemon icons.

Years
  • Seen Nov 30, 2010
Wow this is a looks like a really great ROM ;) I love your fakemon :P

(by the way, just wondering...how come your Quartz download link doesn't work anymore on WAH?)

Ok sorry if I sound really dumb, but:
Why is the ROM not a .gba file? or What emulator can I use that will support your rom?

^Nevermind, I figured it out^

Last edited:

jj_olli

It's coming...
Years

(by the way, just wondering...how come your Quartz download link doesn't work anymore on WAH?)

Why is the ROM not a .gba file? or What emulator can I use that will support your rom?
It's an ips file, you have to patch it on a rom for that you have to use Lunarips or winips.

Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Dec 23, 2008

Qouted for stupidity >_>

You have to patch it onto a GBA file (FIre Red) and then itll work

Great hack!

destinedjagold

You can contact me in PC's discord server...
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Dec 23, 2023
Smile.jpg
Also, you'll need to have LIPS installed ion your computer,
Happy.jpg
so you can patch the IPS File onto a clean FireRed ROM.
Happy2.jpg
Good luck with this hack! Keep it up!

Back