• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Fanfiction Lounge

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alter Ego

that evil mod from hell
Years
Oh, and, against my will, Alter Ego says 'hi'.

Yes, that's right, he'd the power of the pink profile and carry out my wishes mindslave. >:D

Yeah, totally didn't think I'd have the time to do this, but since the brigade intraweb connection is being compliant for once, I'll take the opportunity to let you all know: it's university entrance exams + military camp ahead for me, folks, meaning three weeks of virtually no computer access. D=

After that, I should be back for real, though, or at least I shall have the right to sue the pants off my commanders if they make me do anything too physically and/or mentally exhausting. Ahh...it feels good to have the law on my side for once. xD

Until then...

What is the weirdest/most crack inspired fic idea you have ever conceived?

Well, let's just say that it's a pairing fic...in the pokémon fandom...which may involve a couple united by egg group but separated by a few million years of evolution and a few tonnes' worth of body mass. Working title: Blue Venus.

And...there may be a small hint in my profile. I'm sure you can figure it out if you try really hard. xD

As a close second...like any self-respecting and shameless fan of a children's card game, I do have this idea for a fic where the concerned city/state operates under a political system wherein said card game serves as the primary distribution system for political, economic, and even juridical power and it's actually sort of justified.

Not likely to write it out, though, partly because it's placed in the awkward position of not really being anchored in the fandom by anything but the card game (and a few widely interpreted principles of card spirits) and partly because it would require me to brave the dark depths of Other Writing. =O

That, and there aren't many people who understand the card game around, so reader interest probably wouldn't be too high. xD

Who are your literary influences?

Iain M. Banks, Terry Pratchett, Ursula LeGuin, Douglas Adams, and goodness knows how many others. How much they show tends to wary, but Banks and Pratchett in particular have been a big help in writing for my more disturbed characters.

What motivates you to keep reading and writing fanfics?

I'm an attention whore, plain and simple.

Seriously, though...I guess it's just love for writing and/or the fandoms concerned. I've always been a literature geek, so I guess that accounts for the reading, and...well, after reading so many awesome fics, I just got this itch to give one of my own a shot.

Plus, as an RPer who is now largely deprived of RPing, I need an outlet for all the disjointed character and setting ideas my mind keeps churning out. xD

Gummy

by fire be P U R G E D
Years
What's your lowest moment as an author? Your highest?

My lowest and highest moment as an author took place within the same fic. As some of you can imagine, my highest moment was around chapter seven or so in P:SN. According to my reviews, from that point on, my descriptive skills has sky-rocketed and I also gained a lot of new readers around that time. However, my lowest point was only a few chapter ahead, as after chapter ten of P:SN, I ran out of ideas and eventually quit the fic.

JX Valentine

Your aquatic overlord
Years
Wow. After reading the first fanfic thread and being pretty much the only one who admits to writing before the first season of the anime ended, I kinda feel old. Hence, I have a pair of questions that I hope will make me feel less old.

One: What was the first fanfic you've ever read, and what was it about? If you can't remember what that first fanfic was, what's the earliest one you remember?

Two: If you didn't start writing fanfiction with the Pokemon fandom, what was your first fandom? As in, if you wrote for a fandom (or multiple fandoms) before you discovered Pokemon, what was it (or were they)?

Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen yesterday
I lurve lurve lurve my rules' thread title. It made the thread get forty views since I edited it. <3 Expect new other hilarious ones.

Wow. After reading the first fanfic thread and being pretty much the only one who admits to writing before the first season of the anime ended, I kinda feel old. Hence, I have a pair of questions that I hope will make me feel less old.
Been writing Pokemon fanfiction since the day the first episode premiered in the States. :P I guess that means that I need to find my cane and meander around lost and confused in my underwear at midnight on my front lawn yelling about the war.

"You kids don't know how good you have it these days! In my days, we had none of these video games and Internet to amuse ourselves! No! I had to play in the woods with a stick and a badger egg!

"Now get off my lawn!" *waves cane, then eats a sugar-free candy*

What was the first fanfic you've ever read, and what was it about? If you can't remember what that first fanfic was, what's the earliest one you remember?
Some really crappy OT fic most likely. I really don't know. I can't remember that far back.

Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen yesterday
Throw at me a random chapter, and I'll get there. It's just that you update so quickly, and I'm so behind on reading it that it takes me forever to get caught up. Plus, I'll be working forty hours this week, so I'll have no time. XD

If you want, I can just look over a random chapter that you would want me to. I just won't be able to comment on characters/plot/or anything that requires previous knowledge of the story.

And you may spam my profile with messages if I don't review by the time that I move down south in three years.

Bay

Years
What was the first fanfic you've ever read, and what was it about? If you can't remember what that first fanfic was, what's the earliest one you remember?

I think the first fanfic I ever read was a The Simpsons one in which they parodied Lord of the Rings. Oh my gosh, loved that one! However, only the first movie and not the other two. :/

If you didn't start writing fanfiction with the Pokemon fandom, what was your first fandom? As in, if you wrote for a fandom (or multiple fandoms) before you discovered Pokemon, what was it (or were they)?

I actually wrote a couple of The Simpsons fanfiction, but then I quit on writing those. However, I remember one scene in which I have Bart selling bootleg DVDs to some of the students and then in one of the episodes Bart was mentioning how he was doing that. XD

bobandbill

one more time
Years
Eh, I can't remember what the first one really was (maybe something humourous one about Star Wars? That was sent by a friend... maybe yes, maybe not), but wasn't really going out into the internet to find any at that stage.
The first Pokemon one that I read was... two years ago? It was PDL's fic called 'A story of a Kirlia', or something like that. It was quite good, only it died. Quite liked that one, but my decision to start writing my story was more a spur-of-the-moment 'ah, heck, I need to do something - I'll write something based on this game! Aha!' sort of thing. :)

If you didn't start writing fanfiction with the Pokemon fandom, what was your first fandom? As in, if you wrote for a fandom (or multiple fandoms) before you discovered Pokemon, what was it (or were they)?
Not really fanfiction as it's not based on anything, just some comedy scripts I used to do a few years back - when I stopped them after I while I felt like writing something that wasn't scripts (guess what it was? :P). Set in the real world, and had two different ones - one involving a character called 'Lenny Shanks' who became a detective, and another involving (mostly) two dumb people called Bob and Bill (hence my user name).

And once I did a script in a similar style to, say, Divinty's 'Breaking the Fourth Wall' fic, involving the 'Good Good Godly Guysi', battleships, a recarnation of Ronald Macdonald as 'Nema Nema', and the football world cup being won by Australia. At one point I had the characters remark at bigger text sizes.
...yeah, my explanation for that was that I had half a Geography lesson in the computer room to kill. And it was strangely relevant... to a rather minor degree. :) Believe I mentioned the title of it in a chapter of my fic actually.

Scarlet Weather

The Game is Afoot!
Years
What was the first fanfiction you ever read?

Dragonfree's "The Quest for the Legends". I could have started with worse, for sure, and I still like it quite a bit if only from nostalgia. :3

Did you start writing in a different fandom?

Nope, so far Pokemon is the only fandom I've ever written anything in.

Where can I find the link to Divinity's "Breaking the Fourth Wall" fic?

Because I need to read it now. XD

Scytheteen

What is mine is yours
Years
  • Age 29
  • NY
  • Seen Jan 29, 2014

Er...on this forum...it was a dead and pointless piece of fanfiction that caught my eye called "my fic". There was actually no "fic" so the whole idea is kind of pointless (much like Astinus x Jax). But anyway, I fail to remember the first fanfic I read on 4kids, because it was probably some blasphemous yu-gi-oh fanfic that was horribly put together in scrip format. <_<

I used to write yu-gi-oh fanfiction, but please, let's not get into that.

Gummy

by fire be P U R G E D
Years

Chibi Pika's "The Legendarian Chronicles", which then convinced me to start writing fanfiction myself.

Yes, I have a three-chapter, unfinished Kingdom Hearts fic someone on this computer. It wasn't great, but it's my most horrible piece of work either. Who knows, I might go back to when/if I get bored with Pokemon (because I'll never get bored of KH ;)).

Percy Thrillington

The Mad Hatter
Years
  • Seen Jan 1, 2023

De tals ov ultimat dsstny. There is really no more to say other than a trainer goes out on a journey, but it has disastrous consequences, as it's written in the context of an idiotic writer that uses chatspeak to get his messages across.

It was either a work by Jax Malcolm, The Hunter or a fan fiction made by a member called Jester Girl who gave out to you all for not reviewing it one day after she posted it. That's right, I can't remember the title of the fan fic.

I attempted to write a Digimon fan fiction but gave up after three sentences.

Sydian

fake your death.
Years

As far as I remember, Chamo-chan's Mysterious Encounter. It's about SpecialShipping...and is still on-going. xD

Shinji having Hikari's babies. >:D Suffer!!

Not yet. But, I used to keep them stored in mah brain...so...maybe...they might still be there. OxO

I am completely and totally devoted to my juggling balls. So it's now Astinus x juggling balls.

Make whatever dirty joke you want.

Well, it's no fun if you're letting us. >.>

Dragonfree

Teh Spwriter. :3
Years
I don't think it had a name; it was at this website that my favorite website linked to. It was an OT fic starring a dimwitted guy named Mike, a slightly older girl who was really *****y but was implied to have somewhat of a crush on him anyway, and an older guy who explained everything. In other words, it was an animé-cast ripoff. I think just about the only thing I remember from that fic was that the older guy had his father's Pokémon or something in that direction, one of them being a Machamp, that Mike had a Girafarig which used Future Sight and then the line "Celebi was blown across the room", which happened in a Gym battle, with the Celebi being the Gym leader's. If I recall correctly, the attack description for Future Sight was always "[Pokémon] was blown across the room" (after a wait, of course).

So eh, it was pretty bad. And did not set the best example for me, hence The Quest for the Legends with its legendary Gym leader and worst battles ever written.

The first decent fic I ever read was at the Serebii.net forums after I first wandered into the Fan Fiction section (not having any idea what that was, since the fic at that website was just described as a "Pokémon story"). I think I picked out the title "From Rookie to Champion" after seeing the author's signature which advertised it with the sprites of the Gold version main character and the Crystal girl. I read a whole bunch of chapters before I caught up with it, and as it turned out, by sheer luck I had stumbled upon one of the most dedicated writers I've ever come across. He finished that story, two sequels, a semi-spinoff and half of a sequel to that, as well as a couple of unrelated fics. So I learned a lot from him.

I've only ever written for Pokémon, I'm afraid. Or well, when I was little I made up this silly story about a boy bamfing into WarCraft II and basically playing through the game's storyline in my head, but I never wrote it down and never published it.

bobandbill

one more time
Years
Where can I find the link to Divinity's "Breaking the Fourth Wall" fic?

Because I need to read it now. XD
Here ya go.
Heh, even people who've reviewed get an appearance. For instance, I believe I got to shoot DarkPersian479... several times.

Elite Overlord LeSabre™

On that 'Non stop road'
Years
I honestly don't remember. I DO remember stalking around ff.net around 2002 for whatever fic that happened to be. I do recall that it was NOT Pokemon, however. Back then, I never created an account, as I had no interest in writing or reviewing - just reading.

Nope, started with Pokemon.

Heh, even people who've reviewed get an appearance. For instance, I believe I got to shoot DarkPersian479... several times.
Indeed... You shot off both my arms and both my legs... I'm typing up this post using my nose, in fact... Pretty good grammar for someone using their nose to type, though!

bobandbill

one more time
Years
And then I began selling you new arms and legs... heh, Divinity's fic is crazy. And maybe only my randomness could rival it (which I rarely use in my fic, maybe some for Tom).

Your grammer never shall suffer, even if you were typing with your nose. And that's a fact. ;)

Last edited:

Golden Riolu

Finally Back
Years

The first I ever read... wow, I can't remember. I can clearly remember coming across something at FF.Net back before I joined any forums, and reading several chapters of that story... only to discover that there was a very descriptive lemon in there. I became, if possible, even more homophobic because of that, although thankfully I'm over it now.

For me, Pokemon was the first. I've never written any fanfics except for Pokemon. I did attempt a Maximum Ride fic once, but that was long after I started writing for Pokemon.

~Golden

icomeanon6

It's "I Come Anon"
Years

I wish I could say that I wrote a Digimon fanfic, but I never found the right way to get my ideas in the form of writing. So, no, I didn't write for any other fandom besides this one. Hopefully I'll someday figure out how to get that Digimon fic written, I think the stuff I'm learning on this forum will help with that. I think I've learned more about grammar from the people here than I have from my English teacher! XD

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back