• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Choose Your Own Adventure!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Jan 2, 2024

Choose Your Own Adventure!

I have no idea if this will really work but :D In this game, I will make a post with a scenario and then let the next posters decide what will happen next. Just post a simple sentence or command, as we will call it. After that, I will write a post describing our character performing the actions you have chosen. At times though, I may propose questions to be answered, rather than demand actions.

The goal is to start a story that eventually blooms into something crazily epic. I do have a background story in mind but your actions will undoubtedly alter it. Or it might just turn into something really silly and stupid, time will tell. I'm basing it on Homestuck, btw, but you don't have to have read that webcomic in order to participate. We will have some rules though:

1. Each person may only post once between each of my posts. Note that I am the one writing the story, while you simply give commands.
  2. You can only command one character in each post.
  3. I will wait until there is at least one reply before describing how the suggested action takes place. If several posts suggest different actions, I might take the first one, do several in one post or just choose the one that works the best :>

So, let's start with the initial supersimple scenario, shall we?​

You are standing in your bedroom. It just so happens that today, the 24th of February, is your fourteenth birthday.

What is your name?

Last edited:

JokerBen

Director of Pokémon Nobelium
Years
  • Age 23
  • Seen Aug 29, 2023
My name is Jake. I hope to become a Pokemon trainer! I walk out into my hometown, Haroko City, the biggest city in the...

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Jan 2, 2024
> My name is Jake. I hope to become a Pokemon trainer! I walk out into my hometown, Haroko City, the biggest city in the...

> land of Tribelia. It's very early in the day and I'm still on my pajamas!

Your name is Jake and you are a boy, currently still dressed in your pajamas even though it is noon already. You are a huge fan of the pokémon franchise and you wish that you could become a pokémon trainer! But sadly, you live in the dull real world where pokémon don't exist. The most exciting thing you get to train is your family's pet.

Speaking of which, your pet is just entering your bedroom. What is it?

Perhaps the format of this game was a bit difficult to understand. Think of a mix between THIS thread and THIS thread. And as an experiment xD

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Jan 2, 2024
> Your fat orange cat named Garfunkel.
> A large and well-fed cat I got when I was 7 years old.

Garfunkel pompously walks into your room, giving you the usual look...

funny-bored-cat-012-445x299.jpg

... before he jumps up onto your bed (with not a little effort) and declares with another stare that the bed is his now. Garfunkel is only half your age but thinks that he is at least twice as important as you are. You make a mental note to put something nasty in his food the next time your parents decide to feed him. Which is pretty often. Too often.

Your bedroom is boringly square shaped. There is a bed, which used to be yours but is now occupied by a fat selfish feline. There is a desk with a laptop computer. There are some bookshelves and wardrobes. There is a large open window. There are also some evidence of your hobbies and interests here and there around the room, not just in the form of pokémon posters and figurines. Beside the computer sits a half-eaten birthday cake and a package with a ribbon and the word JAKE on a card.

What will you do?​

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Jan 2, 2024
> Walk towards the window and stare at the (part of the) world I can see from there.

You walk up to the open window and lean out. The sun is shining on the dull suburban area you are living in. Countless rows of countless almost identical houses with overly attended to gardens can be seen. Your own house is just like the rest of them.

A car pulls out from your driveway. It is your mother who is driving into town for some errands. Probably to buy more ingredients for even more birthday cakes. Great, that means that you have the house for yourself for a while! Or, you and Garfunkel, of course.

You decide to look around your room for a moment and think about what interests and skills you have, besides loving pokémon and being an awesome candidate for a gym leader if that was a real thing.

What are your interests?​

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Jan 2, 2024
XD

> You also enjoy stand-up comedy
> And scaring small children into thinking you are in possession of their noses.

You are quite the prankster. The pokémon movie posters on your walls are accompanied by just as many posters of more or less well known and amazing stand up comedy artists. You are practicing to become a great comedian yourself one day. But you aren't very great at all yet.

There is also another thing you love doing, as soon as you want to lighten up the mood of any situation or as soon as you meet someone younger than yourself really. You steal their noses. Yes, that is totally a thing, and you are an expert at making little kids believe that you actually stole it too. Oh, their faces when you wave your thumb around to fool them... You guess you just have a bit of an evil side to you, that surfaces in that simple way.

A "pinnng" comes from your computer. Someone has messaged you on your chat client that you always leave open.

What will you do?​

StinkomanFan

The Thing with Questionable Taste
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Dec 3, 2015
Use the chat client, picking up the birthday package for later opening.

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Jan 2, 2024
> Use the chat client, picking up the birthday package for later opening.

You step away from the window and pick up the birthday present. But then you think that you should check who's messaging you so you sit down in the chair in front of the laptop, putting the package on your lap in the meantime.

But wait, what was your incredibly imaginative and comedic chat username again?​

Winneon

[b][color=#fb0120]しょう[/color][color=#fc6d24]が[/col
Years
> The username is... pokemonPrankster.

pokemonPrankster loved, well, pranking people! He always had a knack for getting into trouble, and never really listened to any authority. He was a rebel in his own sort.​

Mind if I use your CSS? xD

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Jan 2, 2024
> The incredibly imaginative username was... The.
> The username is... pokemonPrankster

Oh right. How could you forget. You were about to type in "the incredibly amazing, legendarybuilding pokemonPrankster"! PokemonPrankster would love, well, pranking people! He always would have a knack for getting into trouble, and never really listen to any authority. He would be a rebel in his own sort. But... then you accidentally brushed the enter button prematurely and ended up with just "the". It is one of your biggest mistakes in life. Yet.

-- conversation between BallOfCute and The --
BOC: hi jake! happy birthday!
The: Hi Zelda! Thanks.
BOC: have you gotten any nice presents?
The: Yeah, I got some stuff from mom and there's a package right here on my lap. Don't know from whom, it came in mail.
BOC: cool! I also got a present in the mail today actually!
The: That's uncool! It's my birthday, not yours :(
BOC: there was a PC game inside! I'm going to install and start it up
The: Ok, I can only hope there's a game or something inside my present too, haha.

The cake beside the computer is taunting you. Garfunkel the cat is snoring on your bed. The window is still open. The present lies in your lap. Mom is not home.

What will you do?​

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back