• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Chit-Chat: EVAN PETERS HAVE MY BABIES

Status
Not open for further replies.

Her

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen today
Movies are boring cuz they be lonnnnggggg as hell

I personally prefer movie formats where I can fast forward through the borin parts.

I can only pray for your future if you honestly do not have the patience to sit through (on average) one and a half hours of film. You mentioned you like anime, yes? As much as I despise anime, maybe you should try to treat movies as if they are back to back episodes of a particular anime? I'm assuming you, with the attention span of a hamster on crack, cannot handle the long waiting at cinemas and specifically, the lack of being able to pause or rewind a film. So, here's an idea. Download/buy/rent out a film of your choosing, as long as it's not anime or based off an anime. Try watching that film for as long as possible and when your miniscule attention span has had enough of the film, pause it. Record the time you finished watching it at and count that as an 'episode.' At a later point in time, try watch 'episode 2' of the film. Repeat until the film has finished! Now you can enjoy film and simultaneously appease that molecular-sized attention span!

Uh, what's the point of watching something if you're going to fast-forward through the boring parts? Don't you feel confused by the sudden twists and turns of the plot? How are you not left feeling dazed and confused, so to speak?

Last edited:
Years
Joss Whedon was involved in Toy Story? What?!

I want to go and see that now.

You've NEVER seen Toy Story!?!?!

GO! Fly you fool! :D
Try not to cry too hard during the third one, though. That movie is beautiful. :'(
Spoiler:

Her

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen today
IM STILL TRYING TO RECOVER FROM THE LACK OF BO PEEP IN TOY STORY 3 it is truly the thing that broke.....my heart.....

Mr Cat Dog

Frasier says it best
Years
You should really watch them all. Indeed, the first one is the reason why your beloved Joss is an Oscar nominee. Third one's the best, though. Makes me well up every time I think of industrial incinerators.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jan 1, 2024
I haven't seen all of the Lord of the Rings movies, or the Star Wars movies!

Shining Raichu

Expect me like you expect Jesus.
Years
See, now that everybody's talked about how emotional the third one is, I don't know if I'd find it emotional. There's been too much build-up, you've set my expectations for teariness too high and now I'm not confident it can compete with them.

Anyway I haven't seen LOTR either, and I've only seen Star Wars Episode 1 and Episode 5. I didn't see the big deal about Episode 5, but Episode 1 lived up to every word said about it. Every terrible, hilarious word.

Years
Makes me well up every time I think of industrial incinerators.

Is this something you do often? XD When I first saw the movie, that's what I thought the sad part would be. But it just got sadder. :'(

I haven't seen all of the Lord of the Rings movies, or the Star Wars movies!
Anyway I haven't seen LOTR either, and I've only seen Star Wars Episode 1 and Episode 5. I didn't see the big deal about Episode 5, but Episode 1 lived up to every word said about it. Every terrible, hilarious word.

Fly you fools! :D LoTR is really good. I love the chemistry between Gimlee and Legolas. And Merry, Pippin and Treebeard are fantastic. (also Gollum/Smeagol is just the best)

Also, everyone should watch star wars. You know those internet things that pop up and and make you type a bunch of weird letter/number combos that are really hard to see, to check if you're a human? I've heard you get triple the amount if you haven't seen star wars.

Oh, and Toy Story 3 will live up to the hype. *sob*

Years
EMPIRE STRIKES BACK FLIPPING-- oh, I'd never convince you. Instead, let me post this rifftrax which makes fun of Episode 2.

TRIFORCE89

Guide of Darkness
Years
See, now that everybody's talked about how emotional the third one is, I don't know if I'd find it emotional. There's been too much build-up, you've set my expectations for teariness too high and now I'm not confident it can compete with them.

I didn't get that teary-eyed. It's a Toy Story movie. What unfortunate event looks like is about to happen, is so clearly not going to happen. XD

But, Up? Up gets me. Every single damn time.

And wow... what a range there. You saw the best and worst of the Star Wars flicks. I love V. It is amazing. However, it does not stand on its own. I don't think you can appreciate it without having seen IV first

Her

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen today
God, I forget what order the movies are in. IV is A New Hope, right? Because that's the one I rewatched a couple of days ago and I loooooved it. I couldn't help imitating Kenobi throughout the movie, lol. (These aren't the droids you're looking for. These aren't the droids we're looking for.)

TRIFORCE89

Guide of Darkness
Years
God, I forget what order the movies are in. IV is A New Hope, right? Because that's the one I rewatched a couple of days ago and I loooooved it. I couldn't help imitating Kenobi throughout the movie, lol. (These aren't the droids you're looking for. These aren't the droids we're looking for.)
Yup. Kenobi was cool

Now go watch it again! But this time the "Revisited" fan edit. Seriously, it is impressive

Shining Raichu

Years
I've just never really been able to enjoy old movies the way everybody else seems to lol. If they made a remake of Episodes 4-6 I think I'd love it, but I just can't get into the classic vintage feel the way everybody else does :P

You're probably right though, I probably should have watched 4 before 5.

It's the same reason I'm sure I'm going to enjoy the new Total Recall movie, even though I couldn't handle the original. That could also have to do with Arnold Schwarzenegger though.

Years
If they made a remake of Episodes 4-6 I think I'd love it, but I just can't get into the classic vintage feel the way everybody else does :P
tumblr_m4r3nv5uiC1rnszmz.gif

What is this? Do no even suggest such a thing! George Lucas is everywhere. Don't put the idea into his head that people will want to see those movies remade because then he'll actually do that. That man needs to be kept away from movies for their own protection. Please, think of the movies.

Her

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen today
tumblr_m4r3nv5uiC1rnszmz.gif

What is this? Do no even suggest such a thing! George Lucas is everywhere. Don't put the idea into his head that people will want to see those movies remade because then he'll actually do that. That man needs to be kept away from movies for their own protection. Please, think of the movies.

Yes, please. Did you see that new game in which you take control of a character from the Star Wars universe and you dance? Han Salo, dancing! George Lucas, king of the sellouts.

TRIFORCE89

Guide of Darkness
Years
I've just never really been able to enjoy old movies the way everybody else seems to lol. If they made a remake of Episodes 4-6 I think I'd love it, but I just can't get into the classic vintage feel the way everybody else does :P
No, no, no. Don't say that. Don't say that. The online Lucasfilms ninja may snag that idea.

It'll be forever until we get to the very much useless and unwanted 3D release of even Episode IV (I believe, Lucasfilm is aiming for one 3D rerelease a year. Which is stupid since they did the whole Original Trilogy Special Edition in theatres in 1997 in like one month), so you could wait for that.

Really, I'd love an IMAX release of the original trilogy. That opening shot would be absolutely epic.

Also, Raiders of the Lost Ark is coming to IMAX for one week in September! I'm going. Anyone else?

TRIFORCE89

Guide of Darkness
Years

Meh. I've never been a huge fan of the Indiana Jones Trilogy, (I say trilogy since I've blocked the abomination that was the 4th from my mind) so no, I won't be going. I preferred the Lego Indiana Jones Wii game to the movies lol. :D
I love Raiders. Not so much the other three.

Last Crusade really damn boring. I liked that Temple of Doom was more action-oriented, but at the same time it introduced an awful lot of cheese. Crystal Skull was more like Doom than Raiders, and really only tolerable once.

But Raiders is perfect.

Shining Raichu

Years
LMAO I've never seen such a strong reaction to the notion of a remake in my life. God, I should say stuff like that more often just to see that again. Wizard of Oz remake, anyone?

EDIT: ..........Oh wait. God, that's actually happening.

I'M SO SORRY GUYS I DIDN'T MEAN IT. I JOKED AND THEN IT HAPPENED.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back