• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

3rd Gen Ruby, Sapphire or Emerald?

Which is your favorite?

• Total voters

Apollo

怖がらないで
Years
  • Age 23
  • Seen Jul 22, 2017
Pokemon Emerald, definitely. It had amazing features compared to R/S, and the plot was amazing. The font was also more pleasing to the eyes.

Last edited:
Years
I got Ruby the Christmas of 2004 from my paternal grandparents and I got Sapphire two days later from my maternal grandparents. After I traded all the Sapphire version exclusives over to Ruby, I traded Sapphire with a kid at school for Blue version. I first played Emerald about 2 years ago and I preferred it because it had more stuff compared to the other two.

Years
Emerald was the best hands down, better features such as the battle frontier. And you can catch groudon and kyogre. & you can catch rayquaza before you face the Pokemon league which helps alot. And of course I can raise my all time favorite Pokemon from the start, Gardevoir :)

JustChillin810

xX_ElectricPikachu_Xx
Years
Pokémon Emerald was made to improve off of ruby and sapphire. It was incredible and probably one of my favorite games of all time and whoever voted for ruby or sapphire are saying that they believe that the franchise failed at creating a better game

The Corrupt Plague

Missingno. hunter
Years
Emerald, no contest. They packed in a whole lot more and everything in general feels more refined. So much that it's near impossible to go back to Sapphire.

Pokedude3012

Slayer of Milotics
Years
I don't see how anyone can chose anything but Emerald. It's just so much more refined, and you get all of the features of Sapphire/Ruby, but with more as well.

Shadowraze

ur mum
Years
It's Emerald for me since it's the latest 3rd gen game and it's when the Battle Frontier is introduced. :3

Olli

I am still bathing in a summer's afterglow
Years
The only third generation game I ever owned myself was Ruby, although I got to play Emerald through friends and such, and I can definitely say that I prefer that over any of the others, which it seem most people agree with me on. I mean, just like most other generations, there isn't many seperate features to distinguish Ruby and Sapphire from each other, other than how they had different version exclusive legendaries, and how Sapphire had Team Aqua as the evil organization, and Ruby had Team Magma. If those two were the only options, I bet a lot of the answers would be biased.

Emerald, however, took a leap forward from the two, with the implemention of much prettier tiles, a slightly altered story-line, and the Battle Frontier. And while it's still very similar to Ruby and Sapphire, I felt that the game experience was better than what I'd experienced with Ruby.

Years
  • Age 23
  • No.
  • Seen May 1, 2014
Emerald, because unlike Ruby and Sapphire it has the Battle Frontier and you can get both Kyogre and Groudon.
Unlike in Ruby and Sapphire, you can only get one of the two mascots depending on the game you have.

Years
Ruby - simple, easy, had Vulpix and pickup didn't require higher levels to find rare candies. Awesome for me.

Golden Warrior

Pokemon Professor
Years
I've played Sapphire and Emerald both, but Emerald takes the cake. Not only is it the one that lets me fill up my Pokedex the most, I get all the legendaries in it, and I'm able to get certain one's I can't in Sapphire. (Latios and Groudon come to mind.) Not to mention the brilliant Battle Frontier. So beautiful...

Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Jun 28, 2013
It is rather obvious that Emerald will win the poll because of better gameplay and more features. The plot is also awesome if compared to the other versions as both Groudon and Kyogre can be caught in Emerald version, so it seems more "complete" than Ruby and Sapphire.

Back