• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Tool: DNS - Day, Night and Seasons

Years
  • Seen Jan 21, 2021
It did start working again, but still not quite sure how the seasons work. Can I make each season just a week long? I'm not very good with all the offsets, and not exactly sure how they work.

Years
  • Seen Apr 13, 2014
Two quick questions:

A) Has anyone found out how to fix the warp arrow glitch, where palettes 0, 1, 4, and 5 get kicked off the DNS until the map reloads if you step next to a warp with the blinking arrow? I'm on Ruby, but I would take any information about a fix for any of the roms.

Edit: In lieu of a fix for this glitch, I have found an alternative for the left/right warps that ends up working almost exactly the same, except it uses an extra warp event. You have to make a ground (or whatever terrain is directly in front of your door) block with behavior set to 61. Now place a warp onto it, and set the talking level on the right to anything that isn't the terrain level you are on. This makes it so you can never travel through this warp, but you can get warped to this exact spot. Set up the actual door block's tiles how you like, and set the behavior to 61, and link the warp to the warp inside the building. Now on the warp inside the building, you'll want to link it to the warp that is on the ground block outside. The way behavior 60 works is that you'll always end up at that warp facing the direction you were facing went you went through the warp to get there. In our case, landing you left or right of the door.

You might think this is a complicated way of going about it and that one warp would do, but if you do it any other way, you either have the dns arrow glitch, or you end up facing the wrong direction coming out, or on structures where there are multiple blocks next to each other serving as the door, you can actually walk up or down along the doorway and warp inside, which looks really strange.

The up/down warps are easily substituted with behaviors 60 and 6E.

I hope this helps anyone else out there who is unable to figure out how to fix the warp arrow glitch. Remember, you can still use the arrow warps indoors or on maps that don't have the DN system on them.

B) I noticed on CrystalDust that for his Day Night System (which I think he said was custom made?) His afternoon/evening tint is a much lighter red than what is in the stock DNS here. On an older version of the DNS, I also noticed there was a checkbox for "Lighter?", which although I never tried to use, I assume made the tint not so heavy. Is it possible to modify the routine for this version of the DNS to include lighter tints?

Last edited:
Years
I love this tool <3
I always use it on my hacks beacuse it gives them a more-nice look!

I hope you continue to create good tools like this ;)

Years
Your RTC breaks trade system! After trading, when you get other trainer's Pokemon it says "Take good care of it" and then crashes. When I uninstalled your RTC, it works fine. So, please fix it, because I really need trading in my hack.

Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Mar 17, 2024
Nice! Gonna try this. It is been a while to insert RTC to FR/LG. Does this will make evolve Eevee into Umbreon and Espeon? I'll be glad for that. And, how we will know the time in game anyway?

anonyboy

Pokemon Aerial Emerald Creator&Pokemon Hybrid Co-C
Years

PSYqualiac

King of Eatos!
Years
Does this tool works on Firered rom?

Your question is directly answered in the first PARAGRAPH of the first post. Please at least attempt to find your answer before asking.

Anyways, this is a nice tool. If I didn't have to create a whole new winter tileset, I'd use the seasons aspect of it. I still might, but not for a while, not until my project is at least 25% complete... Anyways, it's a nice tool and I am glad it's an option to use. I kinda wish it would edit the Pallet Colors during winter to make scenery and landscape automatically white, in fall make things orangey, and spring a pink or a brighter pallet. That was what I was hoping it could do. Even still, not even disappointed. Thanks for the tool!

Lance32497

LanceKoijer of Pokemon_Addicts
Years
Your question is directly answered in the first PARAGRAPH of the first post. Please at least attempt to find your answer before asking.

Anyways, this is a nice tool. If I didn't have to create a whole new winter tileset, I'd use the seasons aspect of it. I still might, but not for a while, not until my project is at least 25% complete... Anyways, it's a nice tool and I am glad it's an option to use. I kinda wish it would edit the Pallet Colors during winter to make scenery and landscape automatically white, in fall make things orangey, and spring a pink or a brighter pallet. That was what I was hoping it could do. Even still, not even disappointed. Thanks for the tool!

Oh Im really sorry for that...
One last Question, Can I edit the palette provided by the tool?
I want at night that the glass in all houses(Windows and Doors) to be color yellow so that It will look like scenario at night

PSYqualiac

King of Eatos!
Years
Oh Im really sorry for that...
One last Question, Can I edit the palette provided by the tool?
I want at night that the glass in all houses(Windows and Doors) to be color yellow so that It will look like scenario at night

Now THAT is a good question. The short answer is yes.
The longer answer is yes, you can edit the pallet, but that isn't what you want to do.
The long answer is you can do what you want as far as making it seem like the windows and doors are illuminated at night, but that involves editing your TILESETS, not your pallets. To make it so you get the effect you desire, you must input the new tiles into the tileset and then set a script to change the tile displayed on certain tile blocks when it is a certain time.

The specific line of code you want to use is unknown to me though. I just know that's what you would have to do. Make sure your DaN has it registered that it is dark during those times by the way, otherwise it'll look weird having illuminated windows during daylight and dark windows at night.

Lance32497

Years
Now THAT is a good question. The short answer is yes.
The longer answer is yes, you can edit the pallet, but that isn't what you want to do.
The long answer is you can do what you want as far as making it seem like the windows and doors are illuminated at night, but that involves editing your TILESETS, not your pallets. To make it so you get the effect you desire, you must input the new tiles into the tileset and then set a script to change the tile displayed on certain tile blocks when it is a certain time.

The specific line of code you want to use is unknown to me though. I just know that's what you would have to do. Make sure your DaN has it registered that it is dark during those times by the way, otherwise it'll look weird having illuminated windows during daylight and dark windows at night.

Thanks pal for that ^_^
So what am I gonna do? I mean what is the script that will check if its daylight or night?

PSYqualiac

King of Eatos!
Years
Thanks pal for that ^_^
So what am I gonna do? I mean what is the script that will check if its daylight or night?

Check pages 2,3, and 4. That should get you pointed in the right, general direction. Also, the offsets are vaguely generalized in the tool itself if I recall correctly. If you're having any other issues, talk to either Dialga or Jambo, they're the 2 experts on this, I'd say. (The first made the program, the second figures out code relatively quickly.) They should know what to do.

Lance32497

Years
Check pages 2,3, and 4. That should get you pointed in the right, general direction. Also, the offsets are vaguely generalized in the tool itself if I recall correctly. If you're having any other issues, talk to either Dialga or Jambo, they're the 2 experts on this, I'd say. (The first made the program, the second figures out code relatively quickly.) They should know what to do.

Oh thanks mate! But one last question, I ask it for all, can I make certain pokemon appears at daylight and night, pidgey at daylight Hoothoot at night

PSYqualiac

King of Eatos!
Years
Oh thanks mate! But one last question, I ask it for all, can I make certain pokemon appears at daylight and night, pidgey at daylight Hoothoot at night

From my understanding, not without incorporating some ASM coding. There MAY be a way through scripting to make it so that at day, when you walk into a route, you actually walk into a different one at night, but I think if it is POSSIBLE, it'd probably be pretty darn DIFFICULT to actually pull off properly. You'd also have to make a completely exact duplicate of the route for at night as in the day. The same people I mentioned earlier can direct you through the ASM route I am sure. I think somewhere in the pages I listed, or page 7, somebody says how to alter ASM for day vs. night, but I'm not sure.

Lance32497

Years
Hello ^_^
Idunno why but Daylight evolution and night evolution doesnt work when I installed Day And Night System in my rom..
wew... it takes so much time for me to test if it is working..
I caught 6 Eevees
I adjusted the time at night
~then the first Eevee Lvl.2 , I gave Rare Candies until it reached lvl. 100 but doesnt evolved.
~then the second Eevee Same level, I gave all kinds of vitamins on it until it reached the maximum, and rare candies until it reached lvl. 100 but doesnt evolved.
~then the third Eevee, I gave all kinds of vitamins until it reached the maximum, and level it up until it reach lv52(ahehehe I didnt let it reach lvl.100, I gave up)
Then I adjusted again the time at daylight and did to 4th-6th Eevee what I did to 1st-3rd Eevee. .
Could someone help me?

PSYqualiac

King of Eatos!
Years
Hello ^_^
Idunno why but Daylight evolution and night evolution doesnt work when I installed Day And Night System in my rom..
wew... it takes so much time for me to test if it is working..
I caught 6 Eevees
I adjusted the time at night
~then the first Eevee Lvl.2 , I gave Rare Candies until it reached lvl. 100 but doesnt evolved.
~then the second Eevee Same level, I gave all kinds of vitamins on it until it reached the maximum, and rare candies until it reached lvl. 100 but doesnt evolved.
~then the third Eevee, I gave all kinds of vitamins until it reached the maximum, and level it up until it reach lv52(ahehehe I didnt let it reach lvl.100, I gave up)
Then I adjusted again the time at daylight and did to 4th-6th Eevee what I did to 1st-3rd Eevee. .
Could someone help me?

1) The DNS alone is not enough to evolve Eevee's by Day and Night without introducing some ASM, I believe I said this previously or said I was uncertain, but I think this how it goes.
2) You can find, if you take 5 minutes to skim through the thread, a tutorial to how to input the proper ASM, if I do so recall.
3) Usually, your problems are solved by reading the thread. When there are 10 or fewer pages, there is no excuse not to if you have an issue.

EDIT: Thank you for wasting all of our time, because i did in fact directly tell you that you needed to use some ASM coding in a previous post. Please, don't ask something and then totally disregard the information given to you and then complain about you trying to make it work and failing. You just wasted my time replying to you as well as your own because you don't know how to listen.
(I am not in a good enough mood to deal with stupidity after getting hit by a car; so if anybody has a problem with this response that is why.)

Back