• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best places on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! Community members will not see the bottom screen advertisements.

Issue: Anonymous Comments on Post Activity

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Jan 2, 2024
Nooo I use them to "like" posts since I can't use the proper function ;; And I've given a lot of positive comments that I don't want to bother with a PM for or think a VM is too open for, in the past. Sometimes I put "/rika" at the end and sometimes I don't. I like post comments.

But yeah, can we somehow make it so that an individual user can disable so that others can't comment on their posts? So that in a thread, I might be able to comment on SwiftSign's post but not on Sydian's, since she turned the function off.

That would solve the problem, wouldn't it? :3 Only thing is that I'd shrug and sigh if I wanted to give a comment to someone who has disabled the feature but oh well their choice.

Kura

twitter.com/puccarts
Years
I'm guessing the fixes were to get rid of it altogether? I noticed I can't see my old ones nor add new ones anymore.
I did quite like them and found them useful and helpful more than being negative, too. And un-anonymous-ing them would have helped keep it more positive, IMO. I had many kind things written to me and it is a shame that they have gone. Oh well.

Nihilego

[color=#95b4d4]ユービーゼロイチ パラサイト[/color]
Years
I'm guessing the fixes were to get rid of it altogether? I noticed I can't see my old ones nor add new ones anymore.
I did quite like them and found them useful and helpful more than being negative, too. And un-anonymous-ing them would have helped keep it more positive, IMO. I had many kind things written to me and it is a shame that they have gone. Oh well.

You need to re-enable them in your UserCP. The whole system actually got a bit of an overhaul; read more about it here. However a couple of people said that they may have an issue where the post comment button won't showing, and if you have that that, go ahead and slap me for telling you the wrong thing. d:

Kura

twitter.com/puccarts
Years
Ah ok! Thanks I'll give that a shot. I was just about to ask why it wasn't an announcement and then I noticed that Audy updated the changes thread and I had completely missed it. I thought it had to do with something funky going on on my phone (which it usually did) and came how and then went "hmm.. guess they are really gone."
Sorry for jumping to the conclusion without properly looking into the other thread. <3 And thanks for the explanation.

Edit: I went to take a look and I can enable it, but I can't set the whole un-anonymous thing by default option. Just wanted to let you know that.

Last edited:

Kura

twitter.com/puccarts
Years
What style are you using Kura?

I did that on purpose. o.O I thought people wanted anonymous by default. It can easily be changed.

Oh is it on when you actually leave a comment? I thought it was in your settings..
Well I havent been able to test it yet then (if it's a popup thing attached to the commentbox) because it doesnt seem like anyone else has theirs enabled..

Melody

Banned
Years
You need to re-enable them in your UserCP. The whole system actually got a bit of an overhaul; read more about it here. However a couple of people said that they may have an issue where the post comment button won't showing, and if you have that that, go ahead and slap me for telling you the wrong thing. d:

Actually I have them enabled and I can't see the comment button on anybody's posts. Does it hide the option if the user has them disabled?

I rather like the overhauls that the system got. It makes sense to be able to turn them on and off. Not everyone wants to hear comments from the "Peanut Gallery", and some people do. I don't mind them because I ignore negative comments in general and like to give helpful comments to posts.

I'm using Let's Fly Together as the skin.

[user]SwiftSign[/user]:
I can't see any option to post a comment on your posts and my post comments are enabled too.

Last edited:

Ivysaur

Grass dinosaur extraordinaire
Years
I did that on purpose. o.O I thought people wanted anonymous by default. It can easily be changed.

Oh yeah, I know, but Kura understood that the option would be available to be set by default, or at least that's what she said on her PD XD

Kura

twitter.com/puccarts
Years
Actually, I thought it was an option in your user CP rather than in the same box as where you would be giving your comment :3 But it is working now so I am very happy. I also like how you added that even anon comments can be reported- if I knew that a long time ago then I could've saved myself getting upset over a few negative things said. Now I just brush them off but I think that having the info there will discourage people from posting negative things altogether <3 Horrah! Thanks!

fenyx4

HOENN CONFIRMED!
Years
Just wanted to say major thanks for the update on Post Comments! Finally, my Post Comments can actually (rather than potentially) be attributed to me when I send them! ^^ Not to mention that people can toggle anonymity and whether the whole system is enabled, in general.

I got really confused at first (and subsequently thought I was encountering a glitch) because I wasn't seeing any "Post Comment" buttons on a lot of posts, but then I realized that people with the Post Comment system disabled in their own preferences wouldn't have the Post Comment button on their posts (if I'm understanding correctly @_@)... Since everyone has the system disabled by default, I would assume that most users' posts will lack the feature until said users find out about and enable the revamped Post Comment System. I imagine that it would get a bit frustrating if I want to leave a Post Comment on a post of a user who has the Post Comment system disabled, but I suppose it can't be helped.. :x

As for the "anonymity by default" thing, it would be nice if users could set their own preference as to whether they want the Post Comments they send out to be automatically anonymous or automatically non-anonymous. But I guess the current system isn't too bad, as long as I remember to un-check for the time being.. :o

Also, so are all Post Comments prior to the August 2013 "revamp" set as anonymous or are they dependent on the user's preferences (the preference of the user who sent the comment)? I checked my 'Latest Post Comments' received, and all of them state Anonymous as the sender, for now.

Finally, I think it would be helpful if there was a forum-wide announcement (maybe for a month or so, or up to around the release of Pokemon X and Y) to notify more people of the feature and the aforementioned revamp. I just happened to notice this change since the "Small Updates and Changes" was posted in recently enough that it was shown on PokeCommunity's front page... I think only the users who "know/keep up with the status of" the Post Comment system would be aware of the recent change, and it could easily be overlooked by other users (especially since the Post Comment system is now disabled by default, so you likely won't know that the system/revamp even exists/has been changed in the first place unless you comb through your User Preferences section).

I hope this makes sense! ^^ (I'm kind of getting a headache just trying to sort this thread out myself XD) Thanks again for the revamp!

Melody

Banned
Years
Before the revamp; ALL post comments were anonymous. There was no choice, you had to type out who you were if you wanted to reveal yourself.

After the revamp, post comments default to anonymous still. However there is a checkbox you can untick to show your username in the post comment to the receiver.

H-Staff (SMods/Admins) has always been able to see who exactly sent a post comment. The revamp was basically done to ensure that everyone knows that they can report a post comment if they get one that breaks the rules by PMing a member of H-Staff.

Back