• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Project: Communitydex

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
No, not the actual Pokémon, just "zoom" the sprite so we can see more of it. Proportionately resize it to around Magikarp size is what I meant (no, I don't mean select and resize).

2i7pu6q.png

I think this is as close to a yeti crab as we're going to get. Personally, I like it, and, even though yeti crabs don't have tails, I think this tail emphasises the electric type. Do you guys think this guy's ready for the final ideas section?

Also, I think he's too small - do you think he warrants an evolution?

Nimblethumbs

my name would look hot in bold
Years
  • Seen Feb 21, 2015
No, not the actual Pokémon, just "zoom" the sprite so we can see more of it. Proportionately resize it to around Magikarp size is what I meant (no, I don't mean select and resize).

2i7pu6q.png

I think this is as close to a yeti crab as we're going to get. Personally, I like it, and, even though yeti crabs don't have tails, I think this tail emphasises the electric type. Do you guys think this guy's ready for the final ideas section?

Also, I think he's too small - do you think he warrants an evolution?

I love this one. And yes, yetolt does deserve an evolution, i've even made a concept:

Name: Wattacrab
Type: Electric
Abilities: Early Bird
Pokedex: A large yeticrab that can stand on it's legs; it's humanoid. It has a tough shell on it's back, giving it the resemblance of a giant beetle. It's pincers are so sharp, they can dent steel and release 500 watts of electricity. It's electricity is stored in it's fur. It looks like it's prevo, yetolt, except it's black tail is now thicker. It's name is a play on words: Wattacrab and What a crab.

And i'll get on to the new wimpike.

Chesu

Boss Carrot
Years
So heres wimpike's evo...

Name: Swampike
Type/s: Water
Pokédex Entry: It is the second largest pokemon, 2 inches behind wailord. It has a short temper. Scientists are unsure how wimpike evolves into this monster.
Ability/ies: Torrent/intimidate

What? You can make alternate evolutions if you want, but it seems kind of rude to just hijack the concept and make it whatever you want. Wimpike is my idea of a Magikarp-esque line, evolving into Tiamoor, a water serpent. It's halfway between Gyarados and Milotic; not an enraged beast, not a serene beauty queen, but somewhere in the middle.

I do like the idea of a monstrous, gargantuan fish, though. You should take the idea and make something original with it.... Maybe an eel, or some prehistoric mega-fish?

Years
w8ni0z.png

New version of Yetolt, as the arms seemed to blend into the body slightly.

I'm not so sure about the name of Wattacrab, but I've added the description to the first post.

Perhaps Yetrocute (yeti + electrocute)?

e: Ninja'd by Chesu. To be fair, you didn't state that Tiamoor was the evolution. I'll wait for Nimble's response, though.

Nimblethumbs

Years
  • Seen Feb 21, 2015
What? You can make alternate evolutions if you want, but it seems kind of rude to just hijack the concept and make it whatever you want. Wimpike is my idea of a Magikarp-esque line, evolving into Tiamoor, a water serpent. It's halfway between Gyarados and Milotic; not an enraged beast, not a serene beauty queen, but somewhere in the middle.

I do like the idea of a monstrous, gargantuan fish, though. You should take the idea and make something original with it.... Maybe an eel, or some prehistoric mega-fish?

Oh, Im sorry, I didn't know that wimpike evolved into Tiamoor. It never said in it's description... So that's what ~Wind~ was talking about. Im sorry. So, Chesu maybe you and I can make it so that when wimpike's beauty condition and attack stat are high, it evolves into Tiamoor, and when it's strength condition (Is that a condition) and defense stat are high, it evolves into swampike. What do you say? Spherical Ice, if Chesu accepts, can you update that? And, yes, I'm fine with yetrocute, I also thought that wattacrab was kinda wierd. Are we keeping wattacrab's description though?

Years
Chesu said it's not a serene beauty queen.

Perhaps if defense is high, it evolves into Swampike, and if attack is high it evolves into Tiamoor at, say, Level 36? I think that's a good idea (sort of expanding on your idea, Nimble)?

Nimblethumbs

Years
  • Seen Feb 21, 2015
Chesu said it's not a serene beauty queen.

Perhaps if defense is high, it evolves into Swampike, and if attack is high it evolves into Tiamoor at, say, Level 36? I think that's a good idea (sort of expanding on your idea, Nimble)?

Yeah, that would work. Does chesu accept *Waits for boss carrot*.

Chesu

Boss Carrot
Years
Sorry, playing a game right now. That's fine, but does evolution method really matter? This is a community project, not for a game.... If anyone uses the fakemon in a game, they'll probably use their own evolution rules.

Nimblethumbs

Years
  • Seen Feb 21, 2015
Ah, this is just for fun. If you don't want it, we can break it seperate. Probably means I need a new name for swampike.

Just b31ng Cr3aT1v3.

Years
I've just added that they are both evolutions of Wimpike. Okay?

Now, for now I think we should focus on the concepts we have now instead of coming up with more ideas, and expanding on the pretty basic ones we've got.

Nimblethumbs

Years
  • Seen Feb 21, 2015
I've just added that they are both evolutions of Wimpike. Okay?

Now, for now I think we should focus on the concepts we have now instead of coming up with more ideas, and expanding on the pretty basic ones we've got.

Aww... I had a cool idea. I guess we'll expand on our current ideas, then put forth more fakemon.

blackmoonflower

You won't like me if I'm angry
Years
I have an idea for a Normal/Electric family, with a yellow/orange/black color scheme.

1st stage: Hamstatic, the Hamster Pokemon. Basically looks like a Hamtaro type hamster that stands on its hind legs with electric pouches on its cheeks and teeth sticking out, kind of like a rabbit.

2nd stage: Chincharge, the Chinchilla Pokemon. Sort of like Raichu in appearance, standing on hind legs, larger electric pouches and teeth, lighting bolt-type shapes coming off the tips of the large ears, with a long tail that has a tuft of fur on the end.

I came up with this for my hack I have under wraps, but I've suddenly become too busy to sprite and these are not dimensions I'm familiar with. ^_^;

It'd be cool if one of the better spriters could take a crack at it.

Nimblethumbs

Years
  • Seen Feb 21, 2015
I have an idea for a Normal/Electric family, with a yellow/orange/black color scheme.

1st stage: Hamstatic, the Hamster Pokemon. Basically looks like a Hamtaro type hamster that stands on its hind legs with electric pouches on its cheeks and teeth sticking out, kind of like a rabbit.

2nd stage: Chincharge, the Chinchilla Pokemon. Sort of like Raichu in appearance, standing on hind legs, larger electric pouches and teeth, lighting bolt-type shapes coming off the tips of the large ears, with a long tail that has a tuft of fur on the end.

I came up with this for my hack I have under wraps, but I've suddenly become too busy to sprite and these are not dimensions I'm familiar with. ^_^;

It'd be cool if one of the better spriters could take a crack at it.

Seems very pikachu family-like. I dunno, but the color scheme seems wierd o.0.

Well, Ice, it can't hurt for one more eh?

Name: Blaydyte
Bladetail pokemon
Abilities: Guts
Type: Steel
Pokedex: It is a small yellow creature with no distinguishable head. It's skin is so tough only a diamond cutter can penetrate it. Blaydyte has a blue line running all the way down it's back, forming into an arrow between it's eyes (If you ever watched Avatar: The last airbender when you were little, it looks like aang's arrow). It has a blue marking on each of it's four stout, stubby little legs. It has a jagged razor blade as a tail, but one side of it is stuck to it's rear/back part of it's body, leaving just the blade sticking out, giving Blaydyte the inability to swish it's tail. Blaydyte has a small blunt horn on it's forehead, used for shaving off treebark, it's staple diet. Blaydyte then sits on the treebark to cut it into bite-sized pieces. All of Blaydyte's attacks are attack based, and are carried out with its bladetail, so it looks really wierd, as the opponent sees the rear end of the pokemon flying at them. It's horn is unsuitable for combat. One thing is sure: You don't want this pokemon sitting on you.

^I'm creating a sprite for it. I'll tell you if I give up.

~Wind~

Detective
Years
I've shrunk my version a bit:
sawg07.png

And also recoloured yours to chanpuffs pallete. (albiet a bit bright)
24m5d2w.png

Nimblethumbs

Years
  • Seen Feb 21, 2015
I've shrunk my version a bit:
sawg07.png

And also recoloured yours to chanpuffs pallete. (albiet a bit bright)
24m5d2w.png

Just some feedback, maybe you should darken the outline. Also, what chanpuff are you using? Your's or ice's?

~Wind~

Detective
Years
IDK.
I guess I'll use Ice's, because it's much better than mine.
I just didn't like the pallete.

Poketto-Monsuta

Pika Pii
Years
  • Seen Jan 22, 2012
great.png

I tried revamping my gsc sprites. The Wombat's evo (prehistoric wombat called Diprotodon )
And the two Kangeroo-Lemurs or whatever I was going for at the time. I need a little help with shading.

Name Diprokun, Fisey, and Flaroo (I know they suck...)

Years
~Wind~, I've already said that using the text tool is not pixel art. I've got two versions, one plain & one with a noodle design, and then shinies, too. I decided to change your colours slightly, as they weren't contrasted enough.

Chanpuff.png

Personally, I like the second one, with the noodle design. Could we have a sort of vote, guys?

Poketto, your work is great, but are you saying they are WIPs?

Nimblethumbs

Years
  • Seen Feb 21, 2015
~Wind~, I've already said that using the text tool is not pixel art. I've got two versions, one plain & one with a noodle design, and then shinies, too. I decided to change your colours slightly, as they weren't contrasted enough.

Chanpuff.png

Personally, I like the second one, with the noodle design. Could we have a sort of vote, guys?

Poketto, your work is great, but are you saying they are WIPs?

I like the noodle ones, except that the noodles blend into easily with the blue. How about it becomes a lighter color?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back