• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Phobias

Synerjee

[font=Itim]Atra du evarinya ono varda.[/font]
Years
Everyone has fears of some kind. What are some of those phobias/fears that give you the goosebumps and makes you break out a sweat? Also, if you don't mind sharing, how and why did these fears develop? Any incident that triggers this phobia?

Do share!

Years
  • Seen Mar 29, 2015
Damn good question, if I say so myself.

I believe that there's a whole encyclopedia of phobias in this planet. Though there are only a few of them that I do know.

As per the question, I don't think I have a phobia, at least from what I know. I'll have to see the list of all the phobias before I can really decide.

François2

#FutureSun&MoonMod
Years
I have a terrible fear of travelling in anything that doesn't go on land. It's really unfortunate because I love travelling but I guess that's what you get for watching too many plane crash documentaries / Titanic as a child.

Also, elevators. I always take stairs if they're available.

Honest

Hi!
Years
Dogs. Brrr.

Lets just say a dog chased me all the way home from school one day when I was little. It was extremely traumatizing... and my friends love to poke fun at it ;;

Synerjee

[font=Itim]Atra du evarinya ono varda.[/font]
Years
As for me, I have a terrible phobia of injections. I'm not sure how this came about as I have been pretty tolerant towards injections until last year. The last time I had to go to the doctor for one, I cried, yes, I cried, and totally refused to let the doctor prick me with that cold, hard, sharp, pain-inducing thing and empty its contents into me. Even if I were to close my eyes, my imagination would take hold and makes things worse. ><

Sweets Witch

I just love ham jerky.
Years
Extendable umbrellas. In my first year of high school I got (for lack of a better term) shot in the mouth with one and it knocked one of my teeth out. The whole ordeal was very, very stupid in hindsight, but I am stubborn and refuse to take full responsibility.

Also loud, sudden, common noises like biscuit tubes popping open and toasters.

Kikaito plush

Angeline plushxKikaito plush
Years
Do you really want to know ?

well I did warn you

Shirt buttons I won't even sit next to someone if they have buttons on the shirt.

Hannah

beep bop boop
Years
  • Age 23
  • Seen Nov 16, 2021
I don't really have a phobia that a doctor or a psychiatrist told me about, but I'm reaaaaaally afraid of heights, and I don't know if that counts.

Years
Oh god I have loads of phobias, so many they make me refuse to do certain things.

I have them all here:

Dogs - Ever since watching dog attacks on the news I got even more scared of them, especially if they maul a little kid to death. And the barking always wakes me up if I'm sleeping.

Flying - Yeah, I hate going up high. Went on a plane as a kid, and puked all over the floor due to me getting motion sickness. I'll never travel on a plane again.

Heights - You heard it, going up too high is a no-no for me. I freeze with fear.

The dentist - Every time I have to see them, I'm always worried they'll drill my teeth, and oh god they can be scary.

Knives - The constant hearing of stabbing deaths on the news in my native Australia meant I would never want to handle a knife ever again. And on top of that I'm scared of anything sharp.

Heat - This is why you'll never see me as a future chef, I'm absolutely too terrified to go near hot things, meaning I suck at cooking.

Denim - Yeah, when winter comes I have to wear jeans, that one item of clothing I'm scared of, it's a weird one but true. Denim makes me creep out.

Guns - Don't even remind me of that terrible school shooting in the US last month, and the fact so many people in Australia get shots fired at their houses. Guns freak me out (unless if it was used for comedic purposes).

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
I don't have any actual diagnosed phobias but I have some fears:

- Social anxiety isn't really a fear, but because of it, I get extremely uncomfortable when there's a lot of people around or people I don't know. I also have a fear of looking people in the eyes. I'm trying to work on it, but it's just so difficult and awkward. If I can look you in the eyes without fear or discomfort, I probably trust you way too much.

- I'm afraid to get too close to people because people always leave.

- Fireworks are horrible. The sound scares me and caused me to have a panic attack at a football game once. It was embarrassing because people think it's weird to be afraid of fireworks, and I can't help it.

- I haaaate porcelain dolls. I got one when I was 2 and when I was playing with it, I dropped it and it broke at the neck and I was upset. I think that doll haunts me or something cause that's why I hate porcelain dolls so much now lol.

- I don't like for people to touch me when I don't want them to, especially in crowds. I like to think of myself as a cat. Don't try to cuddle me unless I try to cuddle you first lol. And I hate when I'm in large groups and people are pushing on me or something. It makes me feel really constricted and I'll run out of the crowd or whatever to get away.

Firox

eepz, come help pwease!
Years
I do have a few,

Dying in a Tsunami - it's been my #1 Fear for years (since 2004), still traumatized by just seeing on TV or Movies, or real life documentaries (like the ones of Indonesia, Chile, and Japan). Sometimes I get nightmares about them, and wake up sweating, heart-beating fast, and times I can feel tears coming down my eyes, spend an hour in bed before falling asleep.

Disease Carrying Animals - another of my phobias, not technically see the animal, but the fear of getting stung or bitten and catching the disease

Pokemon or Cats becoming extinct - I just hope they will outlive me, especially in nightmares, I realized that I don't get any if I sleep with a stuffed animal or Pokemon plushy next to my pillow, I have one on each side of pillow. My regular symptoms (even if the stuffed animal or Pokemon plushy falls from the bed) sweating, loosing sleep, heart-beating fast, and tears coming down my eyes (even if I'm not physically crying)

and some that I'm slowly starting to get over, not so much afraid as before...

Heights - I remember not wanting to go up a ladder more than the 2nd step, I would be paralyzed with fear, sweating, I almost felt like passing out

Speaking with new people I have not met before in general, or speaking in a group. I'm slowly starting to become a talker, but slowly I run out of ideas and become more quiet, I'm good in writing.

Parallel Parking - I was afraid of messing up, damaging other cars, or other drivers making fun of me for taking too long, I think I got over it by now, but still feel the way I described earlier when I think the parking spot is a little too small.

Aeon.

Carrion
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Jun 22, 2016
Kenophobia. Putting me in any situation that involves some sort of a void make me to say the least uneasy. Oh, and I'm an arachnophobia too.

Caelus

Gone
Years
  • Seen May 26, 2013
I have a fear of bees that I have had for as long as I remember. It's bad enough to where even a picture of a bee creeps me out. Actually, I'm afraid of pretty much any creepy crawler out there.

Whistler

Questioner
Years
  • Seen Sep 18, 2014
My phobias are offensive to some people, soooooo...I'll go with my phobia of my old high school that I live a walking distance away from, and of the many people who still currently go there. :/

Captain Gizmo

Monkey King
Years
Heights
I have a fear of high places. Even tho when I used to do graffiti I went to high places because my friend kinda forced me :C

Dark
Yes... I have a fear of the dark. When I was small I used to watch tons of horror movies (Which is probably why I love them so much now) and I was always scared of going in dark rooms because I always thought something would just grab me out of the shadows. Now that I'm older, my fear kinda dropped, but I still have a small fear of not knowing what's lurking in the dark.

Small spaces
If I ever get locked into a ver small place, I would freak out like crazy. I really hate small spaces.

Yuoaman

I don't know who I am either.
Years
Birds - I've just always found birds to be frightening, and being near them is something I'd like to avoid because of that.

Rodents - Same as above.

Social anxiety - I have pretty extreme social anxiety, so being in crowds or making me have to deal with strangers is pretty much the worst thing ever.

Back