• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Red hack: Pokemon Brown 2009 [Final Dungeon Released]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Seen May 10, 2010
Well...hrm.

I am having this awkward problem, i was going to trade my Ho-oh and Entei (among others) from Pokemon Brown to Pokemon Prism and the Entei showed up as a Blissey (i think, maybe Chansey, oh i dunno) and the Ho-oh showed up as Spinarak (I didnt trade them, it was just in the trade screen, when i saw this i decided to play it safe and keep all of them on Brown, although a Spinarak with Sacred Fire would be pretty cool...) they still had the same levels... but not the same stats or anything.. soo... yeahh.. whats up?

Orthodox

Orthodox Trainer
Years
  • Seen Jun 22, 2010
I am having this awkward problem, i was going to trade my Ho-oh and Entei (among others) from Pokemon Brown to Pokemon Prism and the Entei showed up is a Blissey (i think, maybe Chansey, oh i dunno) and the Ho-oh showed up as Spinarak (I didnt trade them, it was just in the trade screen, when i saw this i decided to play it safe and keep it on Brown.) they still had the same levels... but not the same stats or anything.. soo... yeahh.. whats up?

It's possible that the numbers got switched around when you were trading, since the Pokedex in Prism is different. I don't know how to solve that problem, aside from trying to change the pokemon_ID in the game.

Years
  • Seen Aug 7, 2014
This is a great rom hack.
I started last sunday, and I've finished the E4 and currently going through the Final Dungeon. I'm stuck on the cave part :S

207 seen,
182 owned.
Entire Kanto Pokedex completed.

http( :// )i666( . )photobucket( . )com( / )albums( / )vv29( / )TraQa( / )PKMNBrownpkdex( . )jpg

Remove the brackets and spaces.

Last edited:

torferno lvl-X

learning asm
Years
  • Seen Aug 14, 2012
Firstly, I would like to apolagize if this Message bothers you in some way.

There is a tiny glitch in Pokemon Brown which means that when I play it on my GBC (via flashcarts), only half of the Pokemon gets "loaded", there are literally white jagged lines going through all the Pokemon which means you can't see them properly. I have loaded other pokemon games on my flashcart even though I already own them (like Pokemon Blue) to see if it just that causing the problem, but it seems to be fine. Also I have re-patched tried different roms to no effect. If I run the game in an emulator the problem isn't present. Do you have any solutions?

If there isn't a solution to this problem, it doesn't matter because it in no way detracts from the game what so ever. The only reason I sent this is because I thought you might want to know about this glitch and I already feel guilty about sending this.

By the way, even though you are probably sick of hearing this, both of your games are awesome and just prove how sterile pokemon has become over the past few years and that it is possible to re-energize the games with ideas.

Thank-You

Torferno :)

Last edited:

mattman324

Run to the hills, run for your lives!
Years
Wow, it's been a while since I played this. Not since WAAAAY back in the catch em all race.

<_<

>_>

*redownloads*

Years
I decided to play this ROM Hack again. I've played it around 10-20 times already, and this is one of the ROM Hacks I've played the most besides Ash's Quest. It is still fun every time I play it! Oh and now whenever I download from the first I post I get the healing hex freeze in Haunted Forest/ Final Dungeon, but it's been posted millions of times and will be fixed later so it doesn't really matter. Good Luck to CBM and other various people!

Years
  • Seen Nov 21, 2015
could somebody help me ,
i am in the "haunted forest" and there is the star of david, i stepeed into it
and now i am stuck, the only things i can do is go to the start menu and it won't let me move in any direction in the menu, does anyone know how to fix this ?!

Coolboyman

Veteran Hacker
Years
could somebody help me ,
i am in the "haunted forest" and there is the star of david, i stepeed into it
and now i am stuck, the only things i can do is go to the start menu and it won't let me move in any direction in the menu, does anyone know how to fix this ?!

I meant to upload this weeks ago, I'm sorry for the wait.

I just uploaded a separate IPS file that will fix this glitch once patched to the
ROM.

If you cannot get off after patching the file, enter this gameshark code then turn it off right after you step off: 01006BCD

After that, you won't have to worry about that ever again!

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Aug 28, 2011
Speaking of Brown updates, CBM, any news on the Pokemon Brown in colour project like you showed in your video?

Last edited:

cardboardbox

Roaming Johto
Years
  • Age 34
  • UK
  • Seen Aug 25, 2023
I've looked everywhere, is there a list of the pokemon that evolve with items and the item they need?

The new evolution-inducing items are:
The Trade Stone, used to evolve Haunter, Machoke, Graveler and Kadabra.
The CoronetStone, used to evolve Magneton.

Fire/Leaf/Water/Thunder/Moon Stone evolutions are as they are in Pokemon Red. Any Pokemon that normally evolve from holding an item during a trade need that item to be used on them (Electabuzz evolves with Electirizer, Onix with Metal Coat, etc.) - some of them are very well hidden though, so you'll have to look carefully! And Pokemon that evolve via happiness or move learning in Gen IV mostly don't have stones - they need to be leveled up instead. Hope that helps!

Speaking of Brown updates, CBM, any news on the Pokemon Brown in colour project like you showed in your video?

Brown can already be played in colour (unless I've misunderstood your question!), I can't quite remember the exact settings but the instructions are in this thread somewhere if you use the Search function?

NecromancingSaga

Dreaming LOVELY BOY
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Jun 1, 2011
Brown can already be played in colour (unless I've misunderstood your question!), I can't quite remember the exact settings but the instructions are in this thread somewhere if you use the Search function?

he actually ask about the cbm project of adding "real" colors, i think that cbm has a thread in romhacking.net

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Aug 28, 2011

Oops, my bad -_- I saw now that it's 'Red - In Colour' project not Brown. Still looks freaking epic though.

Last edited:

kaedeyuuki

Newbie Programmer
Years
Finally, I'll be able to experiment with trading Pokemon... :D Good thing my PC's finally fixed.

Looks like I got an older version of TGB Dual, since I can't find the SGB option... Might as well google for a new one. :)

mattman324

Run to the hills, run for your lives!
Years
KBM, I think there's a problem with Tangela. Is it suppost to only have Bind and Constrict when you get it, and never learn anything new AT LEAST up to 42? Because that's what happened with mine.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back