• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Quick Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

Oryx

CoquettishCat
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jan 30, 2015
Yeah that is my question. :P
Do I lose stats for evolving later? o.o

I don't believe so but I could be wrong on that so someone confirming or correcting me is more than welcome xD I do know that you'll lose all the level up moves from that evolution so be careful.

Perriechu

i make this look easy tik-tik boom like gasoline-y
Years
Wait exp share does give Ev's? ._________. Oh lord... hours of my life down the drain! D:

LavanZev

Bringer of Orange Soda!
Years
Black/Squirtle raising help.

What vitamins Etc, should I give to a brave squirtle while lving?

Example: Calcium

Perriechu

i make this look easy tik-tik boom like gasoline-y
Years
What vitamins Etc, should I give to a brave squirtle while lving?

Example: Calcium

Well, you should of went for a Bold nature tbh, but anyway.

Since Brave raises attack and lowers speed, Proteins are good, Calciums and Carbos aren't to be used. Zinc, Hp Ups and Iron should be used.

Oryx

CoquettishCat
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jan 30, 2015
Would Stone Edge be a good move for a hydreigon?

Stone Edge is alriiight, but its Special Attack is a bit higher than its Attack so if I were you I would EV it in at least Sp. Atk and give it a straight Special movepool. There's a Quick Questions thread in the Competitive Battling Center that could give you a good analysis on your Hydreigon if you want to submit it there.

Of course if this is just ingame, as long as you level it up it's fine. :3

~Akiko

<3
Years
Hmm, I just finished EV'ing in special attack right now but I was thinking it may be useful in competitive fighting.

I was also thinking, surf,fire blast/flamethrower,dragon pulse

Any chance it can learn toxic?

Oryx

CoquettishCat
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jan 30, 2015
Hmm, I just finished EV'ing in special attack right now but I was thinking it may be useful in competitive fighting.

I was also thinking, surf,fire blast/flamethrower,dragon pulse

Any chance it can learn toxic?

Hydreigon can learn Toxic, but afaik that's not a favored moveset for him. The one I use competitively has 252 Sp. Atk, 252 Speed, and 4 HP for its EVs, and this is its moveset:
-Surf
-Draco Meteor
-Dark Pulse
-Fire Blast

It's common to replace Draco Meteor with Dragon Pulse to avoid the stat reduction I think, and Fire Blast with Flamethrower for better accuracy. But like I said, your best bet is to try the CBC, they know everything about everything competitive and can help a lot xD;

~Akiko

<3
Years
Ah, well it's fine.
I like making up my own stuff kinda.

I'll decide what I put on it when it's a Hydreigon. It's only still a Deino, I have time. :P

I also need a 6th Pokemon if you could recommend a type. I don't know what I really need.

Espeon,Hydreigon,Ninetales,Eelektross,Sawsbuck

I make fun teams and try and win so I'm sure it's missing some big things but I don't know what type my 6th should be.

Gulpin

poisonous
Years
  • Seen Jan 16, 2017
Ah, well it's fine.
I like making up my own stuff kinda.

I'll decide what I put on it when it's a Hydreigon. It's only still a Deino, I have time. :P

I also need a 6th Pokemon if you could recommend a type. I don't know what I really need.

I make fun teams and try and win so I'm sure it's missing some big things but I don't know what type my 6th should be.

3 of your current team take 200% damage from Bug type attacks, which can be fairly common. I suggest adding a flying or rock type to your team, just in case Ninetales is fainted by the time any bug types come in.

Gymnotide

8377 | Scorpaeniform
Years
Toujours got Hydreigon's standard set above. However, Hydreigon is also a Pokemon that can make good use of Charge Beam due to its already monstrous SpA. Alternative options include a mixed set using Head Smash / Draco Meteor to annihilate nearly anything. Also note Earth Power as an alternative to Dark Pulse and U-Turn as an alternative to Surf (but only if you don't need extra STAB / a Water-type move); Dark Pulse is preferred, but Draco Meteor will be the move of choice nearly all the time anyway. Don't Charge Beam on a choice set.

Hydreigon @ Choice Specs / Choice Scarf / Expert Belt / Life Orb
~ Levitate
# Draco Meteor / Dragon Pulse
# Flamethrower / Fire Blast
# Surf / U-Turn / Head Smash / Dark Pulse
# Dark Pulse / Earth Power / Charge Beam

Mmm... Your team is pretty weak to Bug-type right now. Try something that's Ghost-type to soak up the hate. Jellicent is always good. Golurk likes to wreck things (and Sawsbuck + Sap Sipper can help its Grass-type weakness, but he's still weak to Ice-type and Water-type, which makes the switch hard [most Water-types / Ice-types learn the opposite type and they beat Sawsbuck / Ninetales, respectively]). Otherwise, you can try Ferrothorn for a second Grass-type.

~Akiko

<3
Years
3 of your current team take 200% damage from Bug type attacks, which can be fairly common. I suggest adding a flying or rock type to your team, just in case Ninetales is fainted by the time any bug types come in.

Would switching out the Sawsbuck for a Lapras or Vaporean change anything?

Gymnotide

8377 | Scorpaeniform
Years

Problem is that most Bug-type attack users are Psychic-type, Rapidash / Nidoking / Rhyperior / Samurott / Sawsbuck (a.k.a. not Bug-types) and Volcarona. The diversity is too much to predict. Rock-type would be good for most of them, but it would need to pack some Fighting-type too. Fighting-type Pokemon also learn Stone Edge (but Volcarona eats it with Psychic and most Signal Beam users are Psychic-type).

Gymnotide

8377 | Scorpaeniform
Years
Are you playing emulated, off a flashcart, or off a legitimate DScard?

If you are playing emulated, you should try replacing your .nds file (the .sav or .dsv files contain only data and therefore are compatible with any iteration of the .nds file). It's highly unlikely that it's your save file that is corrupted.

If you are playing on a flashcart, try upgrading your firmware for the system, upgrading your software, and replacing the .nds file. If the .nds file doesn't load, it could be because the anti-piracy is acting up (you need a patch for this). If that doesn't work, try backing up the .sav file on your computer and rebooting a recovery save from the flashcart menu.

If you are playing legitimately, there's little you can do, to be honest. Have you done anything to the game (e.g. Action Replay, glitches, etc.)?

Last edited:

Butterfree-Charizard

Bug Type Master
Years
Are you playing emulated, off a flashcart, or off a legitimate DScard?

If you are playing emulated, you should try replacing your .nds file (the .sav or .dsv files contain only data and therefore are compatible with any iteration of the .nds file). It's highly unlikely that it's your save file that is corrupted.

If you are playing on a flashcart, try upgrading your firmware for the system, upgrading your software, and replacing the .nds file. If the .nds file doesn't load, it could be because the anti-piracy is acting up (you need a patch for this). If that doesn't work, try backing up the .sav file on your computer and rebooting a recovery save from the flashcart menu.

If you are playing legitimately, there's little you can do, to be honest. Have you done anything to the game (e.g. Action Replay, glitches, etc.)?

I wish it wasn't the legit copy. Never glitched it on intentionally, So I have no idea what's up. I googled it and saw most of the problems were related to walk through walls, which I know I never did, so the only thing I can think of is maybe I stumbled upon a glitched rock or fence or something and saved with I was stuck through it. That does seem very unlikely though.

Gymnotide

8377 | Scorpaeniform
Years
I wish it wasn't the legit copy. Never glitched it on intentionally, So I have no idea what's up. I googled it and saw most of the problems were related to walk through walls, which I know I never did, so the only thing I can think of is maybe I stumbled upon a glitched rock or fence or something and saved with I was stuck through it. That does seem very unlikely though.

Mm... No, I don't think that's the case. Have you tried shifting between Xtransceiver on / off? Can you still access the Game Sync and send a Pokemon to Dream World? Can you use the Battle Coliseum (or whatever it's called) feature and select Pokemon to battle with? I don't know. I'd probably just wait until the month is over and test it out on a new season.

Do you remember where you saved?

Butterfree-Charizard

Bug Type Master
Years
Mm... No, I don't think that's the case. Have you tried shifting between Xtransceiver on / off? Can you still access the Game Sync and send a Pokemon to Dream World? Can you use the Battle Coliseum (or whatever it's called) feature and select Pokemon to battle with? I don't know. I'd probably just wait until the month is over and test it out on a new season.

Do you remember where you saved?

I'll have to try those things out. I saved right outside Dragonspiral tower.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back