• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen An introduction of new types...?

Years
  • Seen Nov 24, 2015
adding a light type will tell people that dark types are naturally evil... It doesnt sound good.

Zorogami

WUB WUB
Years
adding a light type will tell people that dark types are naturally evil

I don't think it would mean dark types are naturally evil. They sure do have that naughty attitude and appearance, but they can be as helpful and good as any other type of Pokemon.
Being dark doesn't make you an evil pokemon

Captain Gizmo

Monkey King
Years
The mount Pokemon was already confirmed to be legit, tho.

You guys think that Game Freak would add a new type to the game?

LycaNinja

Werewolf Assassin
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Oct 17, 2013
The mount Pokemon was already confirmed to be legit, tho.

You guys think that Game Freak would add a new type to the game?

Yes... It mixes up the meta game, making it less stale, making people want to play it more who fell out of it, improving sells.

Captain Gizmo

Monkey King
Years
Don't you think it could make people like it less also?

I know I wouldn't want a new typing right now =/
I like how it is right now.

blue

gucci
Years
May CoroCoro! Four New Pokémon Revealed!!

A new type is possible at this stage and with the Fairy type rumour flying about, it makes it a little more believable. I wouldn't be surprised if they pulled a new type upon us but I can imagine the reactions would be equally split tbh.

hiff8

Gotta Derp em all
Years
  • Seen Apr 4, 2015
It would make things messy, and I have to say I really don't like the idea

Guy

just a guy
Years
It would make things messy, and I have to say I really don't like the idea
It wouldn't be messy if they keep the type system balanced. Honestly, the only issue with introducing a new type now is just getting used to the idea that there's a new type around meaning new strengths/immunities/weaknesses for some.

Haza

☆A Life of Pokémon and Beyoncé ☆
Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Oct 1, 2021
A new type sounds like progression... which is what it needed in the franchise.

Jake♫

► My Happy Little Pill 
Years
I don't think progression just for the sake of progression is a good idea either. Adding in a new type because it serves an actual purpose? Awesome. Adding it in just because why not? Eh, sounds like more risk than reward to me. However, if they can add it in effectively without screwing up the type chart I'll be more than happy with it.

Belldandy

[color=teal][b]Ice-Type Fanatic[/b][/color]
Years
One thing bugs me about the Fairy idea. It doesn't actually sound like a "type" + it's the name of an egg group.

"Light" would make more sense to me, being an element and all. Faeries are beings. They use elements, but aren't one in themself, so doesn't make much sense. The egg group does, but not a typing.

Jake♫

► My Happy Little Pill 
Years
I mean even if they went with Faerie instead of Fairy, it's still way too similar to the egg group. I guess Light would make sense I suppose, but that's still pretty iffy. Light is still to similar to Electric and Fire for me as to what it relates to in the actual world (Electricity giving us light, as does Fire). It just seems shaky to me. It seems likely that there is a new type, so I guess I'm interested to see what they come up with.

Zorogami

WUB WUB
Years
Giving this type a name does sound rather complicated.
I wonder what its original japanese name and its english translation is going to be
Light might be similar in some ways to Fire and Electric, but i still think it could be a type, especially since we already have a dark type

LycaNinja

Werewolf Assassin
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Oct 17, 2013
I don't think progression just for the sake of progression is a good idea either. Adding in a new type because it serves an actual purpose? Awesome. Adding it in just because why not? Eh, sounds like more risk than reward to me. However, if they can add it in effectively without screwing up the type chart I'll be more than happy with it.

Dragons are overpowered and need more balance against them... Meta is really played out and not many unique teams. A new type will be the icebreaker on if I get Y or not... Its getting tiresome with the types now... They would always be progressing towards every Pokemon being viable in competitions.

Newer players might feel like its weird to adept to a new type, but in R/B/Y we had to adjust to Steel and Dark being brought in. They could also be changing up the game in many aspects making it truly better and less stale, which is the only way I'll keep playing. People may like old and dated mechanics, but they can go play older games.

They don't want their game to stay the same forever if they slower lose sells and want more people buying their product. Bringing in people who didn't buy B/W and B/W2 that were veterans and bringing in new players are their goals. It makes perfect sense to make changes like this...

Mujahid

Sir Froakie is impressed.
Years
Didn't Pokemon Smash CONFIRM a new type ? Poison was super effective against sylveon and it resisted Ice. That confirms a new type.

Back