• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokémon Shiny Gold!

Platinum Lucario

The Legendary Master of [color=#D8D48C]Light[/colo
Years
Hi Zel, how has things been going for Pokémon Shiny Gold?
I like the remixes that clonex25 has done, I bet everyone can't wait for Beta 6. ;)
It sure has been 2 years you've been working on Pokémon Shiny Gold, I remember when Shiny Gold was first released, on the first Beta, the tileset wasn't changed until Beta 4. But the first Beta had a lot of problems on it. :\ That was only because you just started ROM Hacking, but now it seems like your much better at it now. Things sure have changed. I can't wait for Beta 6 since it's going to have a lot of features in it, and a lot of music inserted as well. A lot of the members (but not all) who join PC are only here for your hack (and maybe ask for release dates XD), anyway good luck. :)

Satoshi-Ash

Master Chris
Years
Zel. Please tell me your gonna put the original Rocket Theme and the original Rocket Battle Theme in, please. I was very disappointed.

Satoshi-Ash

Master Chris
Years

Sarcastic Prince

Starting anew...
Years

Stop Messing Up My Files Porygon-Z!

The shadow of Mismagius
Years
I found a cheat in the Fourth Beta!

Get to Blackthorn City Easy

When you need to get to Blackthorn, just get to New Bark somehow. Then surf to that road that leads to Tohjo Falls. Surf back. When you try to fly, the map'll be Kanto's map. Try to fly to Route 4. You'll end up in Blackthorn!!!

Banjora Marxvile

hOI!!!!!! i'm tEMMIE!!
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Apr 10, 2024
I found a cheat in the Fourth Beta!

Get to Blackthorn City Easy

When you need to get to Blackthorn, just get to New Bark somehow. Then surf to that road that leads to Tohjo Falls. Surf back. When you try to fly, the map'll be Kanto's map. Try to fly to Route 4. You'll end up in Blackthorn!!!

Why are you still playing Beta 4. Beta 5 is on the 1st page. It might be fixed in Beta 5. Probably will be fixed in beta 6 if it hasn't already in beta 5.

Years
  • Seen Jan 14, 2014
I'm playing beta 4 to because beta 5 doesn't work with the iphone...Someone knows how i can make beta 5 work?

JJK

The chase is about to begin...
Years
Did you catch Articuno? I did, I completely finished SGXB5.
Walk-trough-walls... so you dont need Arti to finish shinygold.
But when I finished mine i wandered about using it, and just look at what i found:

Nº1 - Viridian. Nothing special.

Spoiler:

Nº2 - Grandpa a.k.a. Old Man. Teh image of ULTIMATE WISDOM.(lol)

Spoiler:

Nº3 - Viridian Forest. It's alredy complete, it could have been inserted in beta 5.

Spoiler:

Nº 4 - Same trainer (lol)

Spoiler:

Nº 5 - Careful packaging.

Spoiler:

Zel, warn me if you want this post deleted.

Giovanni Boss

Team Rocket's Head
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Jan 10, 2023
Sent you a PM, blackpen.

I hope there's more bug-catching contests in the future. I was dumb and saved after wasting my first 2 chances by getting Everstones. Now I only have 1 Sun Stone and 2 pokemon to evolve. :/
Also liked the legendaries appearing on the map. Only ran into Entei so far, and it ran before I could even battle it. I deserved that, though. I actually decided to stop and save as soon as I saw it, THEN approach it. I don't know what made me think that would actually work.

Use thief on Solrocks. It may be hard, but with some [ok, a lot of] luck, mainly because it's a rare poké, you'll get a Sun Stone.

Well, Zel, how is Feebas going to evolve?
And I'd like to ask you one thing: If you trade Pokémon locations, I mean those from beta 5, lease let me know so I can make a correct dex list for beta 6.
Also, just to remind you: Super Rod in Cerulean's Gym and Ruins of Alph. These are the missing.

Last edited:

clonex25

Just droppin' by...
Years
Good day, guys. It's been a long time since I last logged in. I've been busy in preparation for my new job.

Zel. Please tell me your gonna put the original Rocket Theme and the original Rocket Battle Theme in, please. I was very disappointed.

I think I already have a remix of this one sent to Zel. It only depends if he will insert in in B6. Anyways, clink the link to my music collection thread in my signature to have a preview.

Hi Zel, how has things been going for Pokémon Shiny Gold?
I like the remixes that clonex25 has done, I bet everyone can't wait for Beta 6. ;)
It sure has been 2 years you've been working on Pokémon Shiny Gold, I remember when Shiny Gold was first released, on the first Beta, the tileset wasn't changed until Beta 4. But the first Beta had a lot of problems on it. :\ That was only because you just started ROM Hacking, but now it seems like your much better at it now. Things sure have changed. I can't wait for Beta 6 since it's going to have a lot of features in it, and a lot of music inserted as well. A lot of the members (but not all) who join PC are only here for your hack (and maybe ask for release dates XD), anyway good luck. :)

lol I might even take a stab at some of the songs Clonex25 already did now. No offense to him, but while he has a lot of good remix, I did listen to a few I felt didn't fit.

I haven't included all, but thanks for commenting in my remixes. I know they could be better, but still, I don't have the time to fix them as of now (got a new job and it requires a whole lotta me [jokes] and I dunno when will be my next day off) that's why I'm leaving it all to Magnius.

To anyone who wants to PM me: My PMing is still off and please don't bother to send a profile message requesting for the remix packages and the looping stuff (I may not have the time to send a link to you).

'Til then.

Magnius

Pokemon Music Hacking Guru
Years
  • Seen Feb 17, 2014
Good day, guys. It's been a long time since I last logged in. I've been busy in preparation for my new job.

I think I already have a remix of this one sent to Zel. It only depends if he will insert in in B6. Anyways, clink the link to my music collection thread in my signature to have a preview.

I haven't included all, but thanks for commenting in my remixes. I know they could be better, but still, I don't have the time to fix them as of now (got a new job and it requires a whole lotta me [jokes] and I dunno when will be my next day off) that's why I'm leaving it all to Magnius.

To anyone who wants to PM me: My PMing is still off and please don't bother to send a profile message requesting for the remix packages and the looping stuff (I may not have the time to send a link to you).

'Til then.
lol don't take it too hard. I mean a lot of your remixes are good, but I feel that a few of them just don't take advantage enough of the hardware. But there is a lot of stuff I liked.

Years
  • Seen Sep 5, 2008
Zel, thanks for all your hard work on this fantastic hack. I was wondering if you could add support for gpSPhone, the Gameboy Advance emulator for the iPhone and iTouch. Beta 4 works, but not beta 5.

Here's the developors website if you need it; www dot zodttd dot com

Sarcastic Prince

Starting anew...
Years
Zel, thanks for all your hard work on this fantastic hack. I was wondering if you could add support for gpSPhone, the Gameboy Advance emulator for the iPhone and iTouch. Beta 4 works, but not beta 5.

Here's the developors website if you need it; www dot zodttd dot com

No. How hard is it to download VBA (Visual Boy Advance)?

Many people use VBA but you...?

Back