• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Challenge Ideas & Discussion

Do you feel more people should get into Nuzlockes?

• Yes

Votes: 7 36.8%
  • No

Votes: 12 63.2%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

rndm.

Mostly inactive D:
Years
What about a "choose a theme" challenge, where you can... well, choose a theme from the options given to you. Yes, all challenges have a theme, but this would include smaller themes which are too small for standalone challenges.
Examples:
-HGSS Sinnoh evolution run (The 5 new dex additions)
-Signature move pokemon run
...and that's all I have.

And then the "Weak pokemon challenge", where you can only use pokemon which have a Base Stat Total of under 400.

175.gif

Last edited by a moderator:

Charmageddon

Charizard has evolved into ^
Years
  • Seen Apr 25, 2016
I've got an idea for one - the Gym Type Challenge. You have to beat each gym using only Pokemon of that gym's type - so you must beat Misty using only Water-types, Erika using only Grass types, Whitney using only Normal-types, etc. Would you guys play this challenge or is it a bit too much?

myrrhman

Challenge God
Years
Hello! I'm not good in english!

I could not find a challenge that is the type in which the creator of the challenge which he says will be his pokes, there is something like this?
I'm not exactly sure what you mean. There is a challenge called "Random Pokemon Challenge" hosted by WriteThemWrong, in which the creator picks the Pokemon for everyone using a Random Pokemon Generator.

You also might be thinking of a scramble challenge, where you post saying how many Pokemon you want to have, and everyone else gives you one Pokemon, and if you want them to, moves that it has to learn or moves that it can't learn. There's one for the third generation hosted by Ru-Kun
I've got an idea for one - the Gym Type Challenge. You have to beat each gym using only Pokemon of that gym's type - so you must beat Misty using only Water-types, Erika using only Grass types, Whitney using only Normal-types, etc. Would you guys play this challenge or is it a bit too much?
THIS IS A GOOD IDEA. MYRRHMAN APPROVES.

It would be hard, because you can't keep one Pokemon for very long. I guess you would have to make an exception to brock or something, because iirc there aren't any rocks you get before him. But yeah, I would totally do this. Would you do it for the elite four too? Because you wouldn't be able to switch teams out in between battles, and you would have to have like one of each type. That could prove challenging. I'd do it.

Charmageddon

Years
  • Seen Apr 25, 2016
THIS IS A GOOD IDEA. MYRRHMAN APPROVES.

:D

It would be hard, because you can't keep one Pokemon for very long.
You could re-use Pokemon though - eg. Venasaur, the Grass/Poison type, would be allowed to be used at both Erika's gym and Koga's.

I guess you would have to make an exception to brock or something, because iirc there aren't any rocks you get before him.
Yeah, exceptions would be made if you cannot get any Pokemon of that certain type. I'm pretty sure Brock and Roxanne are the only gyms you cannot do though.

Would you do it for the elite four too? Because you wouldn't be able to switch teams out in between battles, and you would have to have like one of each type.
I can think of three ways we could do it.

a) The challenge ends when the 8th gym leader is defeated.
b) You must use only the type of ONE of the E4 members (eg. in Sinnoh you must monotype with either Bug, Fire, Ground or Psychic).
c) You can use any of the Pokemon you have used for any of the gym battles.

Which do you think is best?

That could prove challenging. I'd do it.
Awesome. I'll try and set the thread up later tonight.

EJ

everything is purple
Years
  • Age 31
  • FL
  • Seen Mar 19, 2022
I would probably start the habitat challenge or Speed run. However I'm afraid some jackass will Photoshop their evidence to show just how "fast" they are...

Habitat sounds cool though.

Years
I would probably start the habitat challenge or Speed run. However I'm afraid some jackass will Photoshop their evidence to show just how "fast" they are...

Habitat sounds cool though.

I would do a habitat if you made it sounds pretty cool and I'm always up for a new fresh way to play the game.

hack1

Dragon Green
Years
  • Seen Jul 11, 2015
what about one where you only use pokemon that would likely live around where you are? like i live in arizona, a desert, so sandshrew, cacnea, trapinch, etc.

Good idea. I really want to do challenge like that.

Blu·Ray

Manta Ray Pokémon
Years
What about a Single Ability challenge? Where you are only allowed to use Pokémons with a single ability?

Years
:D

I can think of three ways we could do it.

a) The challenge ends when the 8th gym leader is defeated.
b) You must use only the type of ONE of the E4 members (eg. in Sinnoh you must monotype with either Bug, Fire, Ground or Psychic).
c) You can use any of the Pokemon you have used for any of the gym battles.

You could also only be able to use the pokemon from your team that correspond with the current e4 member is. So if you had this team in emerald:

Sableye
Walrein
Flygon
Sharpedo
Salamence
Banette

You could use Sableye and Sharpedo for Sidney because they're dark type
You could use Sableye and Banette for Phoebe because they're ghost type
You could use Walrein for Glacia because it's ice type
You could use Flygon and Salamence for Drake because they're dragon type
You could use Walrein and Sharpedo for Wallace because they're water type

O_o It's a terrible team, but you get my point. (I hope)

WriteThemWrong

LetMeHearYourPokemon's___ Voice
Years
there's an ostrich farm no too far from my town, dodrio pwnage :)

yeah i don't see that challenge topic on here either. i'm not really active enough on to start a challenge thread myself, if anyone wants to start one for the habitat idea then be my guest.

Skip Class

previously zappyspiker, but rainbow keeps trying t
Years
I was gonna join but I dont want to restart my soul silver and I can't emulate it. If it was any different gen I would have been able to do it.

I might start another one but ain't sure yet. Though probably someone else may start a different Gen

Frikkin' sweet dude, I'll prolly join. I don't see it though...

How about speed runs?

It's on the 2nd page now. And what about Speed runs?

Sleet

Forum Lurker
Years
I would try a Habitat challenge after my Monotype one, Although I live in the middle of nowhere so my team would be:
A dog ( Growlithe maybe)
A bird (Pidgey?)
A Rat (Rattata :( )
A Cat (Meowth?)
A Dragon (Dragonite?) (Just kidding about the Dragon :P )

Charmageddon

Years
  • Seen Apr 25, 2016
You could also only be able to use the pokemon from your team that correspond with the current e4 member is. So if you had this team in emerald:

Sableye
Walrein
Flygon
Sharpedo
Salamence
Banette

You could use Sableye and Sharpedo for Sidney because they're dark type
You could use Sableye and Banette for Phoebe because they're ghost type
You could use Walrein for Glacia because it's ice type
You could use Flygon and Salamence for Drake because they're dragon type
You could use Walrein and Sharpedo for Wallace because they're water type

O_o It's a terrible team, but you get my point. (I hope)

I think that would be too hard, and would require too much grinding, and would really limit your choices.

I went with B in the end.

EJ

everything is purple
Years
  • Age 31
  • FL
  • Seen Mar 19, 2022
I meant openng up a speed run thread. This way people can compete for the best time. They must supply evidence of their final time. The evidence is subject to evaluation, etc, etc.

Gulpin

poisonous
Years
  • Seen Jan 16, 2017
I think a cool/fun challenge would be to make a new team after each gym leader, only using Pokemon you can find while getting from the city of the previous gym leader to the next gym leader. So you can catch any Pokemon while going up to Pewter City and use them against Brock, then deposit all but one in the PC, and make a whole new team to use against Misty (weather it is just one Pokemon or a whole team of 6). And for the E4 you can use any Pokemon that you used for any of the gym leaders, but at the level you deposited them.

WriteThemWrong

LetMeHearYourPokemon's___ Voice
Years
I think a cool/fun challenge would be to make a new team after each gym leader, only using Pokemon you can find while getting from the city of the previous gym leader to the next gym leader. So you can catch any Pokemon while going up to Pewter City and use them against Brock, then deposit all but one in the PC, and make a whole new team to use against Misty (weather it is just one Pokemon or a whole team of 6). And for the E4 you can use any Pokemon that you used for any of the gym leaders, but at the level you deposited them.
i like that idea, i like any idea of using new pokemon or ones you haven't used before. pidgey or zubat would be on every team in red and blue :D. it would also be hard around saffron and celadon because there's only that little route and patch of grass in between them

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back