• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Completely Hacking the Fire Red Title Screen by DawnRyder

johnr754

I am JOHN, heck yeah!
Years
I tried the map thing by using cyclone to edit the title so it can be the EarthBound title screen, which is a placeholder, but it just shows black., no colors. How do I fix this?

Years
  • Seen May 28, 2014
Whenever I try to write the tilemap to the rom for the sprite in unLZ, i get an error saying "Compressed Size: 0x1B4. Which is too big. Aborting." I followed the tut exactly. please help

Years
  • Seen Dec 30, 2012
Whenever I try to write the tilemap to the rom for the sprite in unLZ, i get an error saying "Compressed Size: 0x1B4. Which is too big. Aborting." I followed the tut exactly. please help
whenever you get that error you have to find a free space and copy that number into the top box and click the fix pointers option.

AWESOME!

I've got it all to work. Now I just need to figure out how to change the title.

Last edited:

The Void

hiiiii
Years
YAAAAYYY A SIMPLE TUTORIAL THAT ACTUALLY WORKS!!!!
BUT WHERE IS PART 3 IT'S BEEN 3 YEARS AND I WANNA SEE IT NAOOOOOO!!!
xD

Mesonoxian

Novice Rom Hacker
Years
My Bit Depth is always 24

Followed everything exactly and when I save the image the bit depth is 24. Can anyone help?

It took quite a bit of determination, but I managed to pull this off on my LeafGreen hack even though the values are off.

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Jun 7, 2013
I have been trying to use this tutorial.
I follow it exactly, but after changing the pokemon, the background turns grey and the Pokemon turns slightly transparent.
I then try to change the background, but nothing happens.
Please help me.

Years
tiles on the bottom-left hand corner <Part 2 Background> how to fix it ?
i mean fix the too big tilemap ? <Sorry with my English, i'm Indonesia> :)
how to insert image at here ?

I need help!
When I get to the "Import" part, it says "Image not indexed" and doesn't work.
How do I index it?
Open your background.PNG at irfanview and choose image->Decrease color depth <Set to 16 colors (4 BPP)> and ok.. that the important.. don't forget to save (original folder) at anywhere you want..

YAAAAYYY A SIMPLE TUTORIAL THAT ACTUALLY WORKS!!!!
BUT WHERE IS PART 3 IT'S BEEN 3 YEARS AND I WANNA SEE IT NAOOOOOO!!!
xD
can you tell me how to insert my tilemap at here? or give me the solution about the bottom-left picture...

Last edited:
Years
Thanks so much for this tutorial! Iv been having problems getting this to work for quite some time. Now i can continue my project with a good intro. :)

Years
help

I'm following this tutorial step by step doing EXACTLY as you say and I'm getting a glitchy titlescreen. (as shown in the attached file) how do i fix it

Attachments

• title screen.jpg
    title screen.jpg
    93 KB · Views: 24
Years
  • Seen Jan 19, 2014
Thanks for this tutorial. I found it easy to follow but I must have went wrong. I only tried to change the Charizard (using the same Latios image you used) and the result was... Different. Any idea what I did wrong? I'm pretty sure I followed accurately :(

droomph

weeb
Years
Thanks for this tutorial. I found it easy to follow but I must have went wrong. I only tried to change the Charizard (using the same Latios image you used) and the result was... Different. Any idea what I did wrong? I'm pretty sure I followed accurately :(
Screenshots?

Did you repoint, if it notified you that it was too big? Did you change the pallet right? Try doing it again, you might have messed up somewhere along the way.

RetroRoller

Trailer Trash
Years
I followed Part 1 exactly correct until the point where we test the ROM after saving the new stuff in unLZ. When I tested the ROM this was the result.

What am I doing wrong? How do I fix this?

Back