• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Mind Masters: Psychic-type Pokémon fan club

Status
Not open for further replies.

GhastlyGastly

Crazy Pokémon Lady
Years
I can see where Gardevoir and Medicham can take down the Dark types, both Fairy and Fighting are great against Dark types. I didn't know that's what "lemur" meant, I learned something new today. :) So would a lemur Pokemon be Psychic/Dark or Psychic/Ghost?

I have a hard time taking down Gardevoir now that Fairy is her second type. No point in me using Dark because she'd resist it and take me out with Fairy moves. Bug will hardly help either even though she's part Psychic. Poison or Ghost might help but again, they're both weak against Psychic. Steel might be the only thing to use, since it resists both of her types and would expose her Fairy type weakness to Steel.

Yeah, that's a part of the reason I love Gardevoir and Medicham :pink_nod: They negate the main weakness that Psychic-Types always have. Aww, and cool, glad I could teach you a little something :pink_wink: I'd like there to be a few different lemur Pokémon actually (a branched evolutionary line would be cool). They could be a lot of different types: Normal, Ghost, Fighting, Psychic, Dark, Grass... I'd most want a Psychic/Ghost, Ghost/Dark, Psychic/Dark, Psychic/Fighting, Dark/Fighting, Ghost/Fighting, Normal/Ghost... There are a lot of really cool combinations that would make sense for lemurs :pink_smile:

Ah yes, Gardevoir is basically only vulnerable to Steel now: so glad they made her Psychic/Fairy :pink_giggle: It suits her.

Years
  • Age 22
  • Seen May 23, 2023
Ghost isn't actually weak to Psychic! It takes neutral damage. However it still hits Psychic for super effective damage so it's a win win. I think it's because of Gengar that people get muddled up with the type matchups. :(

Anyway, I don't really care much for Mega Gardevoir. I like the design that Cloyster posted more but hey what can you do. The one Gamefreak designed is elegant but looks too puffy and awkward. Battle-wise though, they did a great job making a powerful Pokemon. Then again, I guess they're called Mega Pokemon for a reason, right? XD

How would you guys feel about a Mega Gallade though? Would that make the entire Ralts family overpowered?

GhastlyGastly

Crazy Pokémon Lady
Years
Ghost isn't actually weak to Psychic! It takes neutral damage. However it still hits Psychic for super effective damage so it's a win win. I think it's because of Gengar that people get muddled up with the type matchups. :(

Anyway, I don't really care much for Mega Gardevoir. I like the design that Cloyster posted more but hey what can you do. The one Gamefreak designed is elegant but looks too puffy and awkward. Battle-wise though, they did a great job making a powerful Pokemon. Then again, I guess they're called Mega Pokemon for a reason, right? XD

How would you guys feel about a Mega Gallade though? Would that make the entire Ralts family overpowered?

Correct; although Ghost is super-effective against Ghost :pink_smile:

And awwwww, does nobody prefer the design of Mega Gardevoir as Game Freak made it??? Am I really the only one?? :pink_cry: She's so pretty in her ballgown!

I'm not sure I really want a Mega Gallade. For one it would definitely make the Ralts family almost too awesome, but secondly, I kind of just like Gallade as it is. I mean, I liked Gardevoir without Mega Gardevoir too, but I just can't envision a Mega Gallade. I'm not all that keen on the design of Gallade in general, to be honest :pink_laugh: haha

Years
  • Seen Oct 22, 2023
Preferred username: Nymphadora.
Partner Pokémon: Espeon.

What type would you love to see paired with Psychic that hasn't been done before and why?
I'm not really sure if this has been done before, but if it hasn't, I'd really like to see ghost paired with psychic. This Pokémon would be four-times effective against dark, but they could make up for it by giving it a good set of stats and movepool. It'd be nice if they had given us a bug- and psychic-type Pokémon, too. In terms of design, I could imagine it to look sort of like Vivillon--a pretty butterfly. n__n

CloysterOyster

Master of Ice
Years
Preferred username: Nymphadora.
Partner Pokémon: Espeon.

What type would you love to see paired with Psychic that hasn't been done before and why?
I'm not really sure if this has been done before, but if it hasn't, I'd really like to see ghost paired with psychic. This Pokémon would be four-times effective against dark, but they could make up for it by giving it a good set of stats and movepool. It'd be nice if they had given us a bug- and psychic-type Pokémon, too. In terms of design, I could imagine it to look sort of like Vivillon--a pretty butterfly. n__n

Welcome to the club. I love Espeon. I had one on my Crystal version that was very powerful. I nicknamed her "Kiki", after an Akita I had that my dad gave away. :/

I think you meant to say that Ghost/Psychic-Psychic/Ghost would be 4x weak against Dark, but yes, it would have a wide array of moves to choose from and good stats. I am already curious to see if generation VII will give us these typings.

Atmageth

The One and Only
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Nov 11, 2022
Username: Atmageth
Partner Pokemon: Metagross
Pick a 6-Pokémon Psychic-type team Metagross, Malamar, Espeon, Gallade, Reuniclus, Starmie
Answer the current topic Im with Nymphadora, Psychic/Ghost would be awesome! Just thinking of the designs they could go with makes me excited for Gen VII!

Years

This is hard since they've almost used every pairing possible now, but I'd love to see it paired with Bug. It could stem a lot of good interesting designs and if Vivillon wasn't a Bug/Flying-type I would have wanted it to be Bug/Psychic. I'm hoping we do get one in the future, sometime next generation because it would look pretty cool imo.

Oh, and welcome Atmageth and Nymphadora! Nice partner choices btw, Metagross and Espeon sure are strong physical and special attackers respectively in their own right, and who doesn't love Eeveelutions? I do.

CloysterOyster

Master of Ice
Years
Username: Atmageth
Partner Pokemon: Metagross
Pick a 6-Pokémon Psychic-type team Metagross, Malamar, Espeon, Gallade, Reuniclus, Starmie
Answer the current topic Im with Nymphadora, Psychic/Ghost would be awesome! Just thinking of the designs they could go with makes me excited for Gen VII!

Welcome to the club. Ooh, a Metagross, I love him. He's quite the offensive and defensive player, he resists a lot of attacks and dishes out a lot of punishment. I use mostly his Steel moves like Meteor Mash to take my opponents down, but his Psychic moves are something as well. What do you think a Psychic/Ghost would or should look like?

This is hard since they've almost used every pairing possible now, but I'd love to see it paired with Bug. It could stem a lot of good interesting designs and if Vivillon wasn't a Bug/Flying-type I would have wanted it to be Bug/Psychic. I'm hoping we do get one in the future, sometime next generation because it would look pretty cool imo.

I think I mentioned it before, but if we had a Bug/Psychic type, it would be something along the lines of Shedinja, look-wise almost, but not sure about the moves or abilities. A mystical bug is something yet to be seem. Generation VII might continue the unique typing patterns and give us a Psychic bug.

Atmageth

The One and Only
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Nov 11, 2022
Welcome to the club. Ooh, a Metagross, I love him. He's quite the offensive and defensive player, he resists a lot of attacks and dishes out a lot of punishment. I use mostly his Steel moves like Meteor Mash to take my opponents down, but his Psychic moves are something as well. What do you think a Psychic/Ghost would or should look like?

Thank you, and i think maybe a necromancer esque pokemon could be really cool, Gardevoir and Delphox based off of mages, so i think adding a more sinister looking mage would be really cool. Perhaps with a skeleton-like design

Last edited:

GhastlyGastly

Crazy Pokémon Lady
Years
Thank you, and i think maybe a necromancer esque pokemon could be really cool, Gardevoir and Delphox based off of mages, so i think adding a more sinister looking mage would be really cool. Perhaps with a skeleton-like design

Like a lich or something? That could be cool :pink_nod:

Years
Metagross is one of my absolute favorite psychics. He's a huge pain to train and evolve but by the time you get that third form is all pays off. He's especially a monster in third generation games - hard for anything to take it down. If you take it to the Elite Four it takes either neutral damage or resists everything. Steel/psychic was a superb combo!

Doesn't seem like we've had a topic for a while, though. May I make one? Let's start off easy!

What is your favorite psychic Pokemon introduced in the sixth generation?

Miau

If I fits...
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Oct 31, 2022
Preferred username: Miau
Partner Pokémon: Espurr ♥
Pick a 6-Pokémon Psychic-type team: Malamar, Meowstic, Bronzong, Starmie, Sigilyph, Swoobat -- the most recent that I've used

Would've said Psychic/Dark before gen 6 came out; Inkay/Malamar did not disappoint at all, I was so excited to train one! I'll second the Psychic/Bug suggestion, one of those moths with the creepy eyes pattern would work as inspiration, they always freak me out.

Miaustic. What do you mean, that's not how you spell it? {XD}

I love Meowstic, and Espurr is so creepily cute! I trained two Meowstic of both genders in my X game, and I love using them both in double battles because they look adorable together.

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Oct 22, 2023
I really like Malamar, design-wise. To me, it looks just absolutely epic. When it comes to battling, though, Delphox would have to be my favorite. Its base Special Attack is 114, which is a lot. Its Speed is also pretty decent, and could outrun many other Pokémon in its tier. :]

Wicked3DS

[b]Until the very end.[/b]
Years
Preferred username: Wicked3DS
Partner Pokémon: Espeon
I enjoyed used Delphox a lot in the game so I'd have to go with that.

Atmageth

The One and Only
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Nov 11, 2022

Definitely Malamar, Psychic/Dark is such a cool type. And Contrary is a great ability for it.

CloysterOyster

Master of Ice
Years
Metagross is one of my absolute favorite psychics. He's a huge pain to train and evolve but by the time you get that third form is all pays off. He's especially a monster in third generation games - hard for anything to take it down. If you take it to the Elite Four it takes either neutral damage or resists everything. Steel/psychic was a superb combo!

Doesn't seem like we've had a topic for a while, though. May I make one? Let's start off easy!

Metagross is a pain to take down lol. That's why I prefer using him instead of battling him. Meteor Mash is epic and he's quite resistant to a lot of types. Doesn't help that Ghost attacks can now do more damage to Steel-types, and that hurts Metagross also being part Psychic.

Preferred username: Miau
Partner Pokémon: Espurr ♥
Pick a 6-Pokémon Psychic-type team: Malamar, Meowstic, Bronzong, Starmie, Sigilyph, Swoobat -- the most recent that I've used

Would've said Psychic/Dark before gen 6 came out; Inkay/Malamar did not disappoint at all, I was so excited to train one! I'll second the Psychic/Bug suggestion, one of those moths with the creepy eyes pattern would work as inspiration, they always freak me out.

Miaustic. What do you mean, that's not how you spell it? {XD}

I love Meowstic, and Espurr is so creepily cute! I trained two Meowstic of both genders in my X game, and I love using them both in double battles because they look adorable together.

Welcome to the club. Haven't really used Espurr but its evolved form I have. What moves does your Psychic team know? I love Inkay and Malamar, such an awesome typing and quite scary to use. Malamar reminds me of Ursula from The Little Mermaid for some reason.

Welcome to the club. Great choice with Espeon, love her. She's tough in battle when I use her, knocked out half my opponent's team with her. Delphox would be my choice of favorite Gen. VI Psychic-type as well, very mystical and crafty.

Wicked3DS

[b]Until the very end.[/b]
Years
Oops that was supposed to say "enjoyed using."

And I really thought it was cool to have a Fire/Psychic-type. We had some Fire-types that could use Psychic moves but to actually put the typing on it was nice.

Miau

If I fits...
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Oct 31, 2022
Welcome to the club. Haven't really used Espurr but its evolved form I have. What moves does your Psychic team know? I love Inkay and Malamar, such an awesome typing and quite scary to use. Malamar reminds me of Ursula from The Little Mermaid for some reason.

Are you kidding, the tentacles, that blue, the read beak (?) and creepy eyes, plus they're both evil! Malamar definitely reminded me of Ursula too, and I bet we're not the only ones.

I evolved both my Meowstic from Espurr, I remember I had to look for a while for a girl, for some reason I was bumping into males all the time. I've only trained them to lv. 30ish, I think, because I wanted to add more Pokemon to my team.

As for my team, let's see. Kai the Bronzong is on my Platinum challenge, he recently learned Zen Headbutt from the move tutor. Baudelaire the Malamar is also a physical attacker, with Psycho Cut and Payback. My two Meowstic, Armand and Marguerite, always battle together, and while the boy is the cleric, he can also hit pretty hard -- you have IVs and natures to thank for that, I don't care about those in-game. And well, Psychic is the go-to move for most of my Psychic types: Dijon the Swoobat was super fun to use in BW and Rubin the Starmie was one of the first Pokemon I EV trained. N's Sigilyph is one of my favorite Pokemon to use in the PWT, so I constantly change his moves.

Years

Meowstic definitely, in fact I used the female one specifically. She did a good job throughout the game given I ran into a fair share of Poison and Fighting-types, but she has some coverage moves as well. I should try using the male sometime, maybe breed my female Meowstic for one lol.

I also tried out Malamar and Delphox for a while, both seem really cool-looking Pokemon. And Delphox's cry is so adorable, especially when played with in Pokemon Amie.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back