• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Monstructs: Makers and Mayhem

Jayje

The First Maker
Years
NewTitle3.png

The Concept

I'm making a game where you create your own monsters and battle them against other creators (or Makers, as they're called). This is a remake of a failed project that I intend to finish it this time. I know this isn't a pokemon game but I figured folks wolks would be interested anyway

The Story

Spoiler:

The Cast
Spoiler:

The Setting

Spoiler:

The Features

Main

Spoiler:

Gameplay
The game will be broken up into 9 - 10 chapters, each with a mini-boss and a boss to complete it. Along with puzzles to solve as well.

ScreenshotsNew and Improved!!
Spoiler:

Well that should do for now. I'll post pics of the Monstructs later if folks are interested. Any questions or comments are welcomed. Thanks :D

Now I Have a User Bar! YYAAYYYYY!!! (more to come)

Last edited:

|Maximus|

I'm back~
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Sep 10, 2010
w00t First Post! Well, this game could use some work. First, close up the maps and add some more detail. The maps look really open. Second, don't make things so obvious like "Would you like to be the Master Maker?" That is too obvious, you should probably add some more details into the text.

I want to see this project excel!

Jayje

The First Maker
Years
thanks for the crit, i'll try diffrent things with the maps

on a different note, i figured i'd post some of the guys you'll be playing with.

i'm posting one from each caste.

Mudd
Mudd.jpg

Bubol
Bubol.jpg

Flamer
Flamer.jpg

Gusto
Gusto.jpg

DeVoid
DeVoid.jpg

Shynesola
Shynesola.jpg

Chi-Ki-Ra
Ch-Ki-Ra.jpg

Quarx
Quarxz.jpg

Nugget
Nugget.jpg

hopefully you folks'll enjoy them.

Last edited:

Ravecat

I'm Right.
Years
Look at one of the screenshots. I know what I saw ;)
"Hello. would you be the Master Maker Oron?"
He's asking the cloaked man if he is "Master Maker Oron".
He's not saying "Would you like to be the Master Maker?", like you're suggesting.
Read harder.

And it looks okay.. Original at least. I'd like to see more than overworlds before I really comment.

Last edited:

|Maximus|

I'm back~
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Sep 10, 2010
"Hello. would you be the Master Maker Oron?"
He's asking the cloaked man if he is "Master Maker Oron".
He's not saying "Would you like to be the Master Maker?", like you're suggesting.
Read harder.

And it looks okay.. Original at least. I'd like to see more than overworlds before I really comment.

Ok, listen I don't want to start anything. Maybe I should've read a little bit harder.

Jayje

The First Maker
Years
glad you guys worked that out. oh btw those monstructs aren't over worlds they're battle charas

here's what i mean
Untitled.png

this is the battle system so far.

Last edited:

HeavyOctillery

Locked & Loaded
Years
  • Seen Aug 3, 2018
It definitely looks interesting. I think this is the first time here that I've seen an original idea with some actual potential behind it.

Just one thing: Ya' need better battle sprites BADLY. >.<

Jayje

The First Maker
Years
Battle Tiles

I figured folks would be more interested if i posted some more on one of the more interesting elements of gameplay: Battle Tiles.

Think of them as kind of like yugioh/ or bakugan cards. they give certain benefits or disadvantages based on which one you play.
they're broken up into three groups:

Domain
These basically provide a staging ground for your team to attack from. Here are examples of what they look like.
SunkenRuinBT.png
CityAflameBT.png

Action
You use them to sometimes augemt your Team or hurt an opponent's. More Examples of these are:
DefendersLastStandBT.png
WellspringofLifeBT.png

Trigger
Depending on certain conditions these can have a game changing effect on the Match. (Examples coming soon)

hope this answers any questions you might have

It definitely looks interesting. I think this is the first time here that I've seen an original idea with some actual potential behind it.

Just one thing: Ya' need better battle sprites BADLY. >.<
Thanks Heavy Oct. I've been thinking of this idea for awhile now.

Last edited:

BrainWave

A new idea sprouts
Years
Your concepts on monstructs are interesting. Your game really looks promising here.

|Maximus|

I'm back~
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Sep 10, 2010
It looks ok. You need to add more stuff into it. I used to have that problem, you get right to the point without really explaining or adding detail. Add some more details. I don't know it's hard to explain.

Spikey-Eared Pichu

Pichu-pi!
Years
The idea is good, very good actually. But, the 'Monstructs', and the graphics you're using are, in my opinion, a bit bland. I can relate that since your making a non-Pokemon fangame that the only other decent sprites out there for RPG Maker XP are the ones it comes with, but why not spice em up a bit?

Jayje

The First Maker
Years
well the monstruct are made by me. and the tiles are what they are. i really don't want to use ripped tiles if i can help it.

here's a look at the Emporium, you one stop shop for just about everything.
Emporium.png

Last edited:
Back