• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Combined Pokemon Solo Challenge Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

jdthebud

Engineering Solutions
Years
Update for USC #4.

MERRY CHRISTMAS TO ALL OF PC!!!

And now...

Update #2 on LeafGreen.

I have now beaten all the gyms and am saved in Victory Road. Koga beat me twice with Toxic+Minimize/Smokescreen hax, but I eventually beat him. The rest were easy with all my coverage moves.

I bought Ice Beam from the Game Corner and grabbed Thunder from the Power Plant before I faced Potter on Route 22, so those are the only moves changes from the last update (replaced Water Pulse and Shock Wave, both of which were used a bunch).

Here's another screenshot dump, starting with Erika.

Screens:
Spoiler:

Team Voldy:
Spr_3r_206.png

Nagini the Sassy Dunsparce, ♂ - L76 @ Cleanse Tag
Ability: Serene Grace
Moves: Secret Power, Ice Beam, Rock Slide, Thunder

Slaves:
Meowth - Flash, Dig
Ch'Ding/Farfetch'd - Cut, Fly
Lapras - Strength, Surf, Rock Smash

Infernal_Storm

Blazing Hero
Years
  • Seen Jan 11, 2012
So here's my first update:
Screenshots:
Spoiler:

The Team:

Frenzy the Ivysaur:
Frenzy1a.png
Frenzy1b.png

A great Pokemon at this point in the game, can 1-2 HKO everything!

Slaves:
Pidgey: Lv2 (no HMs yet)
Mankey Lv4 (no HMs yet)

Years
  • Seen Mar 23, 2016
Welp, I've started a Fire Red solo challenge with a Shellder. Progress pics plz?

Spoiler:

I'm currently stuck at Lt.Surge, grinding. But, WHILE grinding, I found this special surprise!
KfTHr.png

Caught 'im and named 'im Skree, then boxed regretfully :P

Years
  • Seen Mar 31, 2013
I apologize for the double post, but I have my first update. If someone could tell me how to take and upload screenshots from an emulator, I'll start doing that in my updates.
  • Chose Cyndaquil as starter
  • Received egg from Mr. Pokemon
  • Defeated Rival
  • Received Pokeballs and hacked Bagon into Route 29
  • Traveled to Violet City
  • Conquered Sprout Tower
  • Defeated Falkner

Bagon Lvl. 18
pkrs187.gif

SuperKirbyFan

Weedle trainer
Years
If someone could tell me how to take and upload screenshots from an emulator, I'll start doing that in my updates.

Just press the Print Screen button (it may be written as prt sc. or something similar). Then open up something like MS Paint, and paste the picture in (using prt sc is the same as copying it) and then cut out the extra stuff on the outside. Or, just put it into fullscreen mode and then use prt sc, then you don't need to cut anything out.

I wasn't going to update due to it being very small, but since I'm posting anyway I may as well.

Ultimate Solo Challenge Update #13 with Weedle

-I FINALLY beat the Kimono Girls, that was just ridiculous.
-Went to the Whirl Islands, and killed Lugia.
-Went through Victory Road. I had forgotten how easy it was in Gen 2.
-Now I'm right at the Elite 4. I'm having troubles with the first guy since he's the Psychic guy, so he's supereffective against me. This still wouldn't be much of a problem, but his first guy is Xatu so I'm not supereffective against him.
-Weedle is now level 76.

jdthebud

Engineering Solutions
Years
Just press the Print Screen button (it may be written as prt sc. or something similar). Then open up something like MS Paint, and paste the picture in (using prt sc is the same as copying it) and then cut out the extra stuff on the outside. Or, just put it into fullscreen mode and then use prt sc, then you don't need to cut anything out.
Actually, for VBA emulator, go to File>Screen Capture, and save it. The Print Screen button is better for No$gba (DS games).

Years
Oh no, I can't do it because of the traded pokemons levels cannot go higher than the gym you are at... Therefore I would like to switch to another pokemon , which I will name later, okay? Um, quick question , how do you hack in a pokemon anyway, just incase I could make it possible to do teddiursa?

Years
  • Seen Mar 31, 2013
I skipped a lot of updates, so I'll summarize it all.
  • Defeated Bugsy
  • Defeated Whitney after lots of grinding(stupid Miltank)
  • Defeated Morty
  • Defeated Chuck
  • Healed Ampharos at lighthouse and defeated Jasmine
  • Defeated Pryce
  • Stormed Rocket HQ in Mahogony Town(before Pryce, my bad)
  • Kicked Team Rocket out of the Radio Tower
  • Defeated Clair
  • Earned badge in Dragon's Den
  • Received Master Ball from Prof. Elm
  • Traveled through Victory Road

Lvl. 75
pkrs187.gif

EDIT: Defeated E4 after grinding to 80.

Lvl. 82
pkrs187.gif

Last edited:

Infernal_Storm

Blazing Hero
Years
  • Seen Jan 11, 2012
Time for update two!

Spoiler:

Frenzy the Venusaur:
Spoiler:

EDIT:
Update Three: The end of Kanto!

Spoiler:

Frenzy the Venusaur, lv. 90:
Spoiler:

Last edited:

jdthebud

Engineering Solutions
Years
Update for USC #4.

Update #3 on LeafGreen.

• Navigated Victory Road, then challenged the Elite Four with Nagini at L80.
  • Lorelei was easy with Thunder and Rock Slide.
  • Bruno took some finesse. Both Onix went down to Ice Beam, but the strategy for the fighting types were to try and flinch them with Rock Slide, then finish them off with Secret Power or Thunder. Hitmonchan got in a Sky Uppercut, but both Hitmonlee and Machamp were flinched, thanks to Serene Grace doubling the flinch rate to 60%. Nagini grew to L81.
  • Agatha was a pain, since Nagini got hit with Toxic and Confuse Ray, so I had to use a Full Restore, but her team went down pretty easily, mostly with Thunder.
  • Lance was easy. Thunder took care of Gyarados and Aerodactyl, and Ice Beam OHKOed the dragons. Nagini grew to L82.
  • Then it was time for Potter, who had somehow usurped my run to the top. In a strange alternate reality twist, I was able to devest Potter of his title as the greatest wizard Pokemon trainer in the world!
  • Here's a video of the epic battle.
    Spoiler:

Screens:
Spoiler:

I'm gonna do the postgame and challenge the Elite Four again, so stay tuned for that.

Team Voldy:
Spr_3r_206.png

Nagini the Sassy Dunsparce, ♂ - L82 @ Leftovers
Moves: Secret Power, Ice Beam, Rock Slide, Thunder

Slaves:
Meowth - Flash, Dig [boxed]
Ch'Ding/Farfetch'd - Cut, Fly [boxed]
Lapras - Strength, Surf, Rock Smash [boxed]

Years
  • Seen Mar 31, 2013
Well, since it won't let me go to Kanto, I guess I'm going to do another. I'll be back later when I've decided what game I want to do.

jdthebud

Engineering Solutions
Years
Update for USC #4.

Final Update (#4) on LeafGreen.
  • Well, first I got the national pokedex from Oak, then headed to the Sevii Islands.
  • Go the Ruby, then did the whole Rocket Warehouse thing, and got the Sapphire from Gideon.
  • Trained Nagini a bit more, then used Rare Candies to get to L98.
  • Now it was time to rechallenge the Elite Four with their upgraded teams.
  • Lorelei was taken down pretty easily with Rock Slide and Thunder.
  • Bruno was easier than I thought he was going to be. Body Slam paralysis really helped with the Fighting types, and both Steelix were 2HKOed by Ice Beam.
  • Agatha once again proved to be difficult, but I did win with sheer power. Nagini grew to L99.
  • Lance was the easiest fight. Thunder and Ice Beam ruled the day, Kingdra was the only non-OHKO.
  • Finally it was time for Potter again, who had somehow returned from the dead regained the Champion title (No one told me!).
  • However, Potter beat me like 4 times, since Tyranitar's Sand Stream negated Nagini's Leftovers, and Nagini would keep getting weaker defensivily (Crunch and Psychic lower Special Defense sometimes), so Nagini would just get worn down.
  • Finally, Nagini was able to pull it out with some luck (no Sp Def drops!), Nagini grew to L100, and once again I was crowned the greatest wizard Pokemon trainer in the world Kanto!
  • Here's how the final fight played out, video and play-by-play style.

Video:
    Spoiler:

Screens:
Spoiler:

Hall of Fame:
ultsolo4hofnagini2.png
ultsolo4kantochamp2.png

On to the Johto region, with Crystal.

Team Voldy (Final):
Spr_3r_206.png

Nagini the Sassy Dunsparce, ♂ - L100 @ Leftovers
Moves: Body Slam, Ice Beam, Rock Slide, Thunder
Final Stats: 340/196/178/165/156/142

Slaves:
Meowth - Flash, Dig [boxed]
Ch'Ding/Farfetch'd - Cut, Fly [boxed]
Lapras - Strength, Surf, Rock Smash [boxed]

SuperKirbyFan

Weedle trainer
Years
So.... last night me and some friends went and stayed overnight at a friends house. We pretty much did whatever while different people took turns playing Xbox games. I spent a large, large chunk of my time playing SoulSilver (didn't even go to sleep), resulting in a massive update, probably my biggest so far. Unfortunately since I didn't have my phone on me, I couldn't take screenshots for anything in this update. I'll compress it down a bit so it doesn't fill the whole screen. Here it is:

-Started the day at the Elite 4 building, Weedle at level 76.
-Will was first. His Xatu gave me some troubles since he can OHKO me but I can't do the same since Bug is bad against Flying. Eventually I won by making him miss (Brightpowder) so I could use 2 X Special Defenses.
-Koga was pretty easy, I just needed to use 6 X Attacks and a a few X Defs.
-Bruno was really easy, a few X Defenses made him easy to beat.
-Karen was annoying at first since her Gengar kept using Destiny Bond to kill Weedle, eventually I just won by 2HKO'ing her.
-As in LG, Lance was one of the easiest fights. I think I only had to try twice.
-After beating Johto, I got the boat ticket and boarded the Aqua.
-I beat all the trainers on the ship.
-In Vermillion, I beat the gym there.
-Went up to Saffron, took out all 4 gym trainers, and got the Upgrade.
-Went north to Cerulean, beat the 7 trainers to get the nugget, and then flew back to Saffron.
-Went west to Celadon, shopped, beat the gym, and went through Cycling Road beating almost all the trainers there.
-Went to Fuschia, and beat all the gym trainers there.
-Went east, and beat the most of the large quantity of trainers between there and Lavender.
-Got the Expn card at the Kanto radio tower.
-Saved the machine part for the power plant, and returned it.
-Went and caught the wild Snorlax just for the Leftovers.
-Went through Diglett's tunnel
-Beat all the trainers on the surrounding routes.
-Beat the gym trainer in Pewter City, and got the Rainbow Wing.
-Went south from Pallet and talked to Blue on Cinnabar Island.
-Went east from there and got to Seafoam Islands, and beat Blaine.
-Flew to Cerulean, made Misty go be at the gym, beat the trainers and Misty.
-Flew to Fuschia and beat Janine after a few tries.
-Flew to Pewter and beat Brock after a few tries.
-Flew to Saffron and challenged Sabrina. This one was actually kinda hard at first, since both Espeon and Alakazam were able to outspeed and OHKO me. Eventually I realized that if I leveled up once I could outspeed and OHKO Espeon, so I just battled her repeatedly until I could use the Quick Claw on Alakazam.
-Flew to Cinnabar, then Viridian, and challenged Blue. This one was annoying, since I had to try a bunch of times, and the only reason was because he kept getting critical hits. I must've been stuck there for at least 2 hours. As it was, to beat Arcanine I had to Hyper Potion spam and let him kill himself with Flare Blitz recoil.
-After beating Blue, I went to Celadon Mansion to get the GB Sounds (which I registered)
-Then I went to Oak's Lab, where I received the Rock Climb HM, which I taught to my Geodude.
-Next I went to the Celadon Department Store, for a pre-Red shopping trip. After that I had 120 Hyper Potions, 6 of every relevant X item, 30 full heals, and 20 Full Restores.
-Flew to Victory Road, and climbed Mt.Silver.

Now, I am saved in front of Red. Weedle is level 99, and I think I can beat him with some work. When I beat him, I'll post a video of the battle as I did with the Champion in LeafGreen.

EDIT: I've just been wondering out of curiosity: what are the rules for the 7th gym leader in Gen 3? It's a double battle. Up until this point, I've avoided every double battle in LG and HG, except the ones where you team up with Lance. My plan is to bring weedle, and a pokemon with an attack that won't affect the battle (example: swords dance) and have him spam that until he dies. Is that what everyone else does, or do they do something different?

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen May 19, 2012
Just finished Sapphire, never posted an original thread. Only took me 6 hours real life time doing 2x emulator speed. Decided to do a Seviper since it's a pokemon I've never really used and could learn decent enough moves to take on the elite four without much hassle. Only hard part was the earthquakes in the elite four. Everything else was a breeze.

pVlsW.png

Bnm37.png

I might do a FireRed/LeafGreen.. Don't know if I want to do Seviper again though..

jdthebud

Engineering Solutions
Years
Update for USC #4.

Continuing on with my Dunsparce USC.

Update #1 on Crystal.

Name: Voldy
Rival: Weasley (Red hair, lol)
Starter: Dunsparce (replaced Chikorita), named Nagini.

Screenshot Party!

Screens:
Spoiler:

I'm currently saved in the Rocket Hideout in Mahogany Town.

Team Voldy:
Spr_2c_206.gif

Nagini the Sassy Dunsparce, ♂ - L44 @ Quick Claw
Moves: Headbutt, Rollout, Glare, Dig

Slaves:
Spr_2c_163.gif

Hoothoot - Flash, Fly
Spr_2c_060.gif

Poliwag - Surf
Spr_2c_027.gif

Sandshrew - Cut, Rock Smash, Strength

Status