• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

"Oh boy Halloween is coming! I can't wait to go trick-or-treating this year!"

What are you guys doing for Halloween this year?

• Trick-or-treating

Votes: 1 4.3%
  • Giving out candy

• Going to a haunted house(s)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Having/invited to a party

• Watching movies/TV at home

Votes: 6 26.1%
  • Absolutely nothing.

Votes: 5 21.7%
  • Other plans not mentioned

Votes: 5 21.7%
  • I don't know yet

Votes: 2 8.7%
  • We don't celebrate Halloween in my country.

Votes: 2 8.7%
  • I hate Halloween

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Treecko

the princess without voice
Years
Halloween is 20 days away. I know that's not really close, but I really wanted to make this topic soon. Hope this will still be active until it's a bit closer to the actual holiday.

But anyway.

What do you guys do on Halloween? Do you have a yearly tradition such as go trick-or-treating or give out candy? Do you visit haunted houses or go to Halloween parties? Or do you just sit at home and watch scary movies? Or do you just do nothing special?

What about this year, what are your plans for this year? (if you have any yet). If you're trick-or-treating or going to a party, what are you going as? If you don't have plans yet,come back when you have plans what you think you might do?

Sorry for all the questions. lol

When I was younger ,I would go trick-or-treating around the neighborhood, though I got too old for that. I've only been to two Halloween parties so far. One at my youth group where I was an emo zombie, and one my senior year at a friends house where I was Ash. (A pretty good Ash if I say so myself.)I tried giving out candy one year but it got boring since not alot of kids live nearby.

This year I don't have much plans. Won't be giving out candy since my dad can't afford some. We're not even decorating the house except what we have decorated inside. My dad believes that if you put Halloween decorations up outside, that people assume you're giving out candy. All my family is likely to do this year is sit at home and watch scary/Halloween related movies, if anything at all. I'm hoping to getting invited to a Halloween party, though it's not likely knowing how un-social I am. If I do I'm thinking of going as a hipster. I just really want to make fun of them. XD

How about you guys?

Last edited:

Hannah

beep bop boop
Years
  • Age 23
  • Seen Nov 16, 2021
Absolutely nothing. Maybe I'll scare the kids with my overlarge teeth. I don't know.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen yesterday
I used to go trick-or-treating, but then I obviously got too old and started a new tradition with my friends. They come over my house and we watch horror films all night with candy. Also, we give out candy to the trick-or-treaters.

Nihilego

[color=#95b4d4]ユービーゼロイチ パラサイト[/color]
Years
Party as usual probably, maybe going to a club or something afterwards idk. My friends back home and I have always made a big thing out of Halloween and made sure we have fun one way or another - my favourite time being when I went to a party as an undead leprechaun. And people here seem pretty into it too so... yeah, should be a good laugh.

Years
Going to the corn maze. :D That won't happen on Halloween itself, but it's part of the Halloween experience for me.

Probably it's going to be a night of watching movies and eating candy. I might have to work late though so Halloween might have to be moved to the weekend before or after for me. :(

Wateria

The cute team Aqua member
Years
This year we are having a Halloween party at my auntie's because here we don't do trick or treating.

#isthenumbersign
Years
I actually got invited to a party this year. Apparently it's going to be really big which is kinda what scares me. I'll probably just go for a bit then come back home and eat candy that I bought because it's no longer free. :P

Firox

eepz, come help pwease!
Years
I just stay home and watch horror movies and eat seafood. I have not been trick-or-treating since 1998 (12 years ago).

LividZephyr

Oxymoron, not a moron, thanks
Years
I am 24. Definitely not doing trick-or-treating, and we'll get five trick-or-treaters tops here. I suck at making costumes and I really don't like dressing up anyway. Horror movies aren't my thing. So I'm probably just... not going to do anything but order pizza, like normal. Halloween seems to be something I outgrew after graduating from high school...

Shining Raichu

Expect me like you expect Jesus.
Years
We don't really celebrate Halloween in Australia... well we kinda do, but not nearly to the extent of America. People have Halloween parties (because it's an excuse to get dressed up and get drunk) and there are always a few kids trick-or-treating (and I do only mean a few), but that's basically all.

We always leave some candy by the door just in case we do get any trick-or-treaters (the doorbell never rings more than twice), and my own personal tradition is to go to work and look at all the people coming in in their Halloween costumes on their way out to parties. I think my favourite was when a guy came in in a mankini.

Years
I do like Halloween but I don't go trick-or-treating since I'm a big girl but I love watching a nice scary movie or two, and man I do a hell of an evil laugh.

I'm 20, so don't expect me knocking on your door saying "Trick or treat?". However the candy is enticing so I guess it's not a big deal.

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
Years
Probably not gonna celebrate Halloween as much this year. I have Spanish class that night. But I do look forward to the candy.

Twilight Sky

» s t r a w b e r r y fields ♪
Years
  • Seen Aug 7, 2013
Absolutely nothing n_n;;

If I worked Halloween, that might've been a different story, actually! But since I don't, I'm kind of just sitting at home on that day, watching all the other kids going trick-or-treating and whatever. XD

Years
Working. Whether in the morning or evening, I don't know. If I do the evening shift, we'll have a million kids in the mall getting candy from the stores. It's a safe Trick-or-Treat location. Either last year or the year before, I got to hand out candy. It was pretty fun!

If I'm at home, I'm going to do the usual stuff I do at home. My apartment's a few blocks from campus, so no kids Trick-or-Treating. Might buy candy just in case, and then eat it all later.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Dec 11, 2023
I'm probably not going to be doing anything. I'm 'too old' (though I look like I'm fourteen ... which to some people it still too old) for Trick or Treating and I haven't actually done so in years. I don't think the optimist festival that i will be going to in order to watch my brother's band is on Halloween this year so I'll probably end up sitting at my house. no one trick or treats on our street because it would take forever and wouldn't be worth it so we won't be giving out candy either.

93Aiwass

Getting Back into Pokemon
Years
Do what thou wilt shall be the whole of the Law.

Lots of magickal practice, LBRPs, Liber Israfel and some practice in the Goetia... and perhaps midnight Resh. ^_^

Love is the Law, Love under Will.

Back