• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best places on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! Community members will not see the bottom screen advertisements.

Roleplay Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
@Doronjo - As far as inspiration for RPs goes most of my ideas sort of just pop into my head and then over time I expand on that idea. Sometimes RPs I have planned evolve into a completely different RP over time. Motivation on the other hand is a bit different, usually just watching my story unfold and watching people enjoy it is enough but I also find that playing in your own RPs is helpful and setting yourself goals (such as aiming for a particular RPA or something) can be very motivating.

Years
Alright noted that tiger = dornjo, why the new account?

You should probably give it a shot because most of us really like the stories we come up with and playing in them can help the GM feel more connected to the RP.

Legend

Kingslayer
Years
Hey everyone! I bring word from Supervegeta! Due a mishap with his computer, he will have difficulty accessing PC for an indefinite period of time. However, he will still do his best to make posts and keep in contact with people. He will make posts through people (such as myself, maybe) so don't be alarmed. Odyssey and Aerion will continue. Like he would disappoint you guys. ;D

That or he will listen to me and buy a new computer.

Years
  • Age 30
  • AU
  • Seen Feb 18, 2023
HALLO! I've returned from the US of A and am back as part time moderator and full time awesome person. YEP.

(ps it was my birthday yesterday. shower me with gifts)

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Jan 2, 2024
Welcome back, Skymaddy.

Since I actually have time and energy again, I've submitted a RP that I've been planning for months. It's called CHECKMATE:redux and I hope at least some of you will find it thrilling enough to be part of! Keep an eye out for it? :)

Years
^I can personally vouch for how awesome a job RHCP did on that.

A new question for people
How do you cope with people becoming inactive and/or dropping out of your RPs? Especially if they leave plot-holes and the like.

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Jan 2, 2024
I usually get sad lol at least when players just disappear without a trace. If they give a reason or at least admit that they don't have interest in it anymore, it's all good actually. Then there's just the question of how to deal with their character disappearing and not the mission of, heh, hunting players down and trying to get them to post.

Sometimes the plot can be retconned so that the other characters pretend that the leaving one never existed, but that's not really elegant imo.

Often seen is the leaving character becoming a NPC for the GM to handle for a while, or even for the other players to use, while they either keep their importance for the plot through NPCing or are faded out from the story.

Another way is to have the character killed, I guess that's quite common, right? Depends on the RP of course. But I don't like to kill off people so I most often go with the NPC fade out style :p

Once when I was the GM (in checkmate actually) I took over a player's character completely when they left, but it was difficult to play with a person you hadn't created yourself.

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Jan 2, 2024
Late welcome back, Skymin :P

Is Checkmate a Homestuck RP or....? Because then i will totally join it.

Mostly. It takes place in the medium with lands and the dream moons and skaia and all. But it was a bit complicated when we played with servers and clients in the old Checkmate so pre-entry shenanigans be very simplified, and ectobiologybabies may or may not be a thing depending on some factors, and sprites will work a liiiittle bit differently. And also you won't be allowed to write command-style like many Homestuck RPers like to do :p Other than that, yeah!

Lt. Col. Fantastic

The Arianator
Years
Mostly. It takes place in the medium with lands and the dream moons and skaia and all. But it was a bit complicated when we played with servers and clients in the old Checkmate so pre-entry shenanigans be very simplified, and ectobiologybabies may or may not be a thing depending on some factors, and sprites will work a liiiittle bit differently. And also you won't be allowed to write command-style like many Homestuck RPers like to do :p Other than that, yeah!

Ah man, time to wipe the dust of Vinnie Valentine :P

I can't wait to see whats changed, and whats the same. I'm really excited that you're bringing it back, Red.

Sapphire Rose

[I]Only thorns left on this rose.[/I]
Years
Advertisement!!!

Two new spots have opened up in Youkai Academy!

Ever wanted to Roleplay as a Vampire, Succubus, Mermaid, Crow Tengu, Fairy, Lycan, Neko or any other Youkai? Then this is your ultimate chance!

I suck at advertising... xD

Just click on the banner!

ohHeyVaporeon.

You just can't shake me.
Years
-pokes head in-

I'm not sure if anyone around these parts will remember me, but I used to roleplay here. I had a string of my own roleplay's going, but, unfortunately I became swamped with college, work, and family and just couldn't handle it. I took a quite unexpected hiatus of nearly a year, but I'm back now... Pretty excited to be back, but trying to get used to everything again. This is partially laziness in asking, although I do plan on looking anyways, but are there any Pokemon-based roleplays out there that are new and looking for members?

tigerBLADE

1000://PowHammers
Years
Oh hey, I remember you! Welcome back! ;3

Actually I have about two RPs in mind, but, they need more planning before I decide to create one over the other.

ohHeyVaporeon.

You just can't shake me.
Years
Oh hey, I remember you! Welcome back! ;3

Actually I have about two RPs in mind, but, they need more planning before I decide to create one over the other.

Sweet, someone that remembers me! ^^ Thanks for the welcome back.

I was considering plotting and making my own, but I think right now it would be a better move for me to try and join someone else's. Not to mention, my biggest downfall in the past was coming up with plots or story lines that were complicated and crowded, and posting orders were difficult to follow. I need to really get back in the mindset to rock it out here, instead of stressing myself out. Plenty of that going on right now trying to get my degree. ^^

Years
I think echo has a spot still open, PTA recently opened several spots up, Novia has a spot open, Pokemon Survival Challenge v2 has plenty of room and for memory there were a few others. Hope that helped.

Also, I don't know you but I am looking forward to RPing with you :)

ohHeyVaporeon.

You just can't shake me.
Years
I think echo has a spot still open, PTA recently opened several spots up, Novia has a spot open, Pokemon Survival Challenge v2 has plenty of room and for memory there were a few others. Hope that helped.

Also, I don't know you but I am looking forward to RPing with you :)

Thank you so much. I will definitely look into all of those. I am about to do a bit of grocery shopping, but I will be coming back to do a few SU's if everything goes well enough. ^^ I looked at the first one mentioned, Pokémon Mystery Dungeon: Roads of Light, and I will most certainly being signing up for that one. I really, really like the overall concept and the few posts that I read pulled me in immediately.

Also, although it doesn't much matter, I have to give Skymin the credit for bringing me back. I was watching Being Human for the first time a few weeks ago, and became hooked... It also made me think of and miss the board. Definitely happy to be back, and even happier to see that the friendly factor is still in full effect here. I also look forward to potentially roleplaying with you, gimmepie. Thank you again for the welcoming.

Bleacher

Chaos Worshipper
Years
  • Seen Aug 31, 2013
If anybody wants to RP antagonists or recurring side characters in a Johto based journey RP and really want to be a part of mexican standoffs, join my RP (link in my sig). At the moment, the good guy characters are unavailable but if you want to be on the side of righteousness desperately, I can get you a spot.

@ohHeyVaporeon- Welcome back. Please check out my RP and I would be happy if you want to be in. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back