• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Least Favorite Saga

Least Favorite Saga?

• Kanto Saga

Votes: 1 4.8%
  • Orange Island Saga

Votes: 5 23.8%
  • Jotho Saga

• Hoenn Saga

Votes: 4 19.0%
  • Battle Frontier Saga

Votes: 1 4.8%
  • Sinnoh Saga

• Unova Saga

Votes: 10 47.6%
  • All of them...

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • None of them. I liked them all!

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Palamon

Silence is Purple
Years
What's your least favorite saga in the anime and why? Is there any particular reason why this saga is your least favorite?

My least favorite has been, and always will be the Sinnoh saga. Okay, why? Well...because I can't stand Ash Dawn and Brock together. Especially Dawn. The quality of the anime dropped severely during this point in time as well.The plot was also not of my tastes. And, to be honest, Team Rocket got more annoying. And don't get me started on Dawn's Pipliup. ...But there were some strong points: Pokemon Hunter J and Paul. To be perfectly honest I found those two things the only thing that saved the Sinnoh Saga a little.

Years
  • Seen Mar 18, 2013
I least like Unova because of how stupid they made Ash. He was not smart in any of them but in Unova he became a 'kid' as Iris would say. I know he is 10 still somehow but when he has been in the anime that long he simply cant just become overly dumb at the start of the next season. Hoenn I didn't watch until after it was already out but it seemed like he was just as knowledgeable as when the previous season ended.

Aquacorde

⟡ dig down, dig down ⟡
Years
I dunno, really. I kind of dropped off watching partway through AG and only saw a few eps of DP. Well. No. I saw the maid café ep and the Zorua movie. And some random bits when it was on tv. I adored Kanto and Orange Islands and Johto when I watched them regularly, but looking back... Johto was pretty boring, wasn't it? Master Quest had some momentum near the end iirc, but wow how much filler can you make. And actually I kind of hated AG when it came out because at that point I was a hardcore Misty fan/PokéShipper. That's really embarrassing now, especially since May is my favourite main girl haha.

Whoops that's off topic though okay well I do have to say my least favourite would have to be Sinnoh. I haven't seen much of it, yeah, but I also don't particularly want to see much of it. Nothing I've seen from various sources makes me enthused about the characters or plotlines in that saga. I'll watch it eventually simply to have done so and have a better understanding of what actually went down, but I'm not especially excited to do that.

B-L-A-Z-E

リズ
Years
I thought Sinnoh was the worst before I went back and watched it and now, it's my 2nd favorite saga next to Hoenn. Looking back on it, I'd have to say the Orange Islands saga was the worst. It just felt like 36(or thirty-something) episodes of filler.

Treecko

the princess without voice
Years
All this hate for the Sinnoh saga. I haven't seen it all, but so far I really like it. Opinions though.

If I had to pick one it be Orange Islands. It was too short for me get really get into it. It just seems like a bunch of filer episodes to stretch out the series until Gold and Silver/the Johto Saga was released. Tracey didn't really stand out to me much and is probably my least favorite of Ash's traveling partners. Though I have to admit, the way gyms battles were set up were really creative. That saves the Orange saga for me.

Years
Now this is what most people may not think, but I admittedly hated Kanto/Orange Islands/Johto.

Kanto was way too short, Orange Islands had absolutely no game elements and was rushed (plus I hated Tracey) while Johto was full of you-know-what *cough* fillers *cough*. I actually wasn't fond of the original series as a whole, probably cos Misty was not as cute as the other lead girls (I loved May, Dawn and Iris much better than her) and Kanto was when Ash infamously released several of his Pokemon. I felt so happy when Charizard went away, considering it's my least fave starter.

Firox

eepz, come help pwease!
Years
I agree a lot with what Hikari mentioned above ^ Johto has to be my least favorite era, too many fillers, half were boring to me.

Sweets Witch

I just love ham jerky.
Years
Gonna toss my hat in for the Orange Islands as well. It just felt so out of place, like it was making up for Ash's poor performance in the Indigo League. It's always irked me that he's never gotten to the final round of the main Leagues, but he trounced the Orange Islands and had the option to become a Frontier Brain.

Guy

just a guy
Years
Gonna toss my hat in for the Orange Islands as well. It just felt so out of place, like it was making up for Ash's poor performance in the Indigo League. It's always irked me that he's never gotten to the final round of the main Leagues, but he trounced the Orange Islands and had the option to become a Frontier Brain.
I blame the latter on the fact that the writers have never had real solid continuity with Ash.

I don't understand the hate for the Sinnoh Saga. As much as I loved the Advanced Generation, I thought Ash's journey throughout Sinnoh was his most developing stage yet. Pardon Team Rocket and Brock, the DP arc was probably one of the best written of the series in my opinion. It had some of the best recurring plotlines written in with Paul and Chimchar, Cynthia, Hunter J, and Team Galactic. It's also the only season that took time to introduce and shed light on each gym leader as well as Sinnoh's Elite Four and Cynthia. Not to mention it brought back some great characters like Gary (and May!). All of this already, and I haven't even mentioned Dawn's significant arc in the season yet.

On top of everything, the Sinnoh Saga was the most battle-focused season of the series and it definitely gave us the best league tournament in my honest opinion. So, I don't understand the hate that the DP Season gets other than people who place the original series above all else.

As it stands, I'm not really fond of the Johto Saga because of its so many filllllllllerrrrrrrrrrs and currently the Unova Saga. This season is such a step back from all that happened in Sinnoh, that it has just been overall disappointing to me. Plus, Iris seems to be the only character who has gotten the most development since the beginning where as Cilan and especially Ash, who is the central character of the show, seems completely stagnant.

Guest123_x1

My least favorite saga is Johto (particularly later in the Johto Journeys and nearly the entire Master Quest run), because the fillers extended the saga so long I thought it would never end. Heck, Ash only got two badges in the Johto Journeys season (not counting his third, which, when originally aired on Kids' WB (August 18, 2001), had the Johto Journeys opening, but later repeats corrected it to Johto League Champions.)

zdude18

Lone Wolf
Years
i agree with aerlyn totally sinnoh is a great saga and i havent even finished watching it yet. its probably going to end up being a close second to hoenn for me (i can never be better because hoenn makes me nostalgiac). moving on, orange islands were pretty bad because nothing developed out of it. they were just filling time. for example what happened to the GS ball? we were supposed to find out what happened to it and i guess they just decided to leave it out. tracey was kind of a worthless character all in all and the gym battles were kind of stupid.

Nolafus

Aspiring something
Years
I have to say Unova is the worst for me. My parents banned pokemon when I was little so the first saga I started watching was Unova and now that I've watched a lot more sagas I realize how dumb they made Ash.

I mean his traveling companions have reminded Ash at least 3 times that electric type attacks don't affect ground types. Practically every other sentence is something that makes Ash seem like an idiot.

This was also the saga where Team Rocket took a major downfall (I haven't seen the Sinnoh saga so I might be wrong in this). The writers turned Team Rocket from the comedic, happy-go-lucky bad guys we just couldn't hate to the standard serious bad guys on every tv show you're forced to hate.

This is why Unova has to be my least favorite saga of the series.

BrandoSheriff

Has a tendency to figure things out
Years
The Unova saga seems to have turned Ash into a walking idiot. I'm still mad about his battle with Elesa, how he only brought Palpitoad to battle with. -_- And his Pokemon seem to be severely underleveled. The only fully evolved ones he has, off the top of my head, are Leavanny and Unfezant. Besides Pikachu, what other Pokemon is his "main-hitter"? Gen 1-2 had Charizard, Hoenn had Sceptile, Sinnoh had Infernape (and how awesome was he battling Paul?), Unova has...? Also, this has nothing to do with the saga, but what's up with his redesign? I know he's [strangely still] 10, but his eyes didn't need resizing. It just looks so silly imo.

It also seems to have the least moments of awesome. Every saga brought something awesome. Kanto had the most humor, Johto had Ash finally beat Gary, Hoenn got more serious, Sinnoh had the best battles and had a deeper storyline than any of the others (which is why it's my favorite saga). Maybe the later episodes involving Team Plasma, Colress and N (whose appearances are seriously late) will change my mind.

While I like that Team Rocket is better at battling, they shouldn't have been turned from comedic and silly appearing every episode to super-serious and barely appearing. I miss their comic relief. T_T

I also hate how they beat off Trip at the start of the League. One of the points of the League is to show Ash finally beat the pants off the main rival, and then get whooped by the rival he met last. With this, I haven't even seen the rest of the League, but I already know who he loses to.

It's gonna be Cameron. -_-

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen yesterday
Sinnoh. I couldn't even get through that saga. Horrible. Hated Dawn, she was so annoying to me. I also hated Ash's choices of Pokemon. (And probably because I hated the D/P/Pt games, lol)

Boilurn

Scald Pokémon
Years
This is probably against all odds, but Hoenn is my least favorite saga. I don't like the idea of having a travel buddy who doesn't own a Pokemon, and Max is one of those characters that happens to not own a Pokemon. Also don't like the theme tune.

Back