• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Graphics & Photography Competitions Q&A/Discussion

Gummy

by fire be P U R G E D
Years
And so it begins.

I haven't touched Photoshop in ages. That icon took a lot longer than it should due to me having to pretty much reteach myself. D:

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Dec 30, 2023
Any objections to holding off SOTW for a few weeks? I'm seeing a total downfall in activity when it comes to it, so I'm thinking I should just let it take a break. IOTW will continue as normal however.

Silver

Kyle
Years
Damnit Fabio, that's what I was going to do for this. XD Now I have to think of something else. Also I love that shot.

Years
Damnit Fabio, that's what I was going to do for this. XD Now I have to think of something else. Also I love that shot.

Haha, no reason you can't do something like it, unless it is exactly the same thing, then it is a bit strange. Haha.Loads of different types of pictures you can do with that light stream style.

And thank you :3. I look forward to seeing your entry.

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Dec 30, 2023
Guys, seriously, the PotF thread is for entries, this thread is for discussion. So in future, post here please. Furthermore, Fabio, this is the second post of yours today I've put in here so be more vigilant in future. Thanks guys.

Years
i'll enter, but the only thing i don't understand on these is the pixel limit. how do i know if it is 100x100?

countryemo

Kicking against the earth!
Years
@above
I guess ure using paint?..
image - attributes - 100 x 100
if its photoshop/gimp
file - new - put in your image size. not too hard.

Ill try to enter, cant wait

reserved post

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Dec 30, 2023
Guys, I moved your posts in here since this thread is for discussion, questions and answers. The threads are there for you to put your entries in. This thread serves all other purposes.

Years
Posted the new Icontest up.

Sorry it took so long, I didn't know it just wasn't being post while my laptop is getting fixed. It's not completely finished, and I am very sorry for the long wait, everyone. -..-;

I'm also getting #39 IOTW poll up, so, stay tuned for that!​

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Dec 30, 2023
i am using MS paint soo....
any help?

also, are there any threads about making icons?

I would advise getting either GIMP or Photoshop, then learning a bit more about what goes into icons. So google some tutorials on improving images and using the programs you download. I will have a look for some icon tutorials, take a look on Deviant Art. Here is a tutorial I made.

I would also like to note that I have opened the new IotW, which you may find here, this week's theme is Celebrity. However, SotW is going to be on hold until the activity in G&P rises again, or at least in the summer as very few people have been entering. Also note that I have added some rules to IotW, so take a look at them. Have fun guys!

Arlen

I heart ROBOT
Years
I'm sad about SOTW going down the drain :(

Though I never imagined it to get this far (I was the one who created it on my old account /Circa)

I'm glad that it sparked so many other competitions though and that it really livened this section up ;D

Did anyone ever continue any Hall of Fames or Winners?

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Dec 30, 2023
There was one. Though I think it would be a nice idea to start a new one, which I think I might do actually.

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Dec 30, 2023
I'm thinking of making it Signature of the Fortnight, in hope that we might get a few more entries. What do you guys think?

Last edited:

Arlen

I heart ROBOT
Years
Yea that sounds a lot better, not only does it take some stress off the person running it, it gives enough time for everyone to come up with ideas and submit them, whereas before people could have seen the competition a day or two after it was released and not have enough time to submit an entry. I'd be happy to host if we can't find anyone.

Decypher

Craig Marshall
Years
Fortnightly sounds good, I do remember that the amount of entries used to be limited due to the week time constraint. I'm looking forward to it being started up again. If you need any help with anything let me know. =)

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Dec 30, 2023
I'm still the host, I just stopped hosting it because we were getting no entries and no longer seen the point. So I'll post the new SotF soon, once I sort out a new prefix and the likes. And I'll start a Hall of Fame for it also.

Alternative

f i r e f l y .
Years
Maybe instead of just creating a Hall of Fame just for the Signatures, why not make one for all the creations for competitions? Like, signatures, icons, sprites/pixels etc and anything else which would be considered artsy. :)

Back