• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[PKMN OPEN] The Pokémon Trainer Academy (T) [Best Veteran 4Q '11]

SelenaStar

Who says you're not perfect?
Years
The compassion was too much for Selene to bear, and she sniffed loudly before nodding against Valorie, her grip tightening somewhat but not uncomfortably so. It wasn't just her leg - although of course that was a major factor - the whole experience...they could have all so easily died and there was nothing they could do about it except for fighting with their Pokemon...if anything had happened to any of them, like it had Thyme, she wouldn't know what to do with herself.

Feeling a worse pain shoot through her lower leg, Selene hissed through her teeth, adjusting herself so her leg felt somewhat less horrendous but she didn't let go of Valorie. "...Do you really think so?" she asked equally quietly to her words. She wanted to believe that...and she knew that with a friend like Valorie she...well, together THEY had the best possible chance of pulling through this...her tears had subsided somewhat, now she was just a scared little girl clinging to her friend to try and make it all better. Did this make her seem like a weakling? Probably. At that moment though...at that moment she was weak and she had no trouble admitting it.

She heard Jack's words through the door and although that would have normally had her yelling through the wall at him, she just didn't have it in her to do that now. In her opinion they weren't being loud at all...and instead of telling them to keep it down he should be concerned for their well-being as they had been for his, after all he had gotten out of there first. But who knew what was going on. And she didn't even care, he could say what he wanted.

Selene suddenly became conscious that she'd been clinging onto Valorie for a long time...although this was helping her she didn't want Valorie to feel as though she had to continue hugging her if she didn't want to. But, knowing Valorie, she wouldn't be afraid to let Selene know one way or another once she'd had enough so, for now, Sel decided just to go with it, preserve her brain power and stop overthinking things when they didnt need to be over-thought.

Megaman765

Really wants shiny Porygon Z:3
Years
Mark recognized Jack's voice as he knocked on the door. He wanted to go out there and yell at him... the girls were having a moment together after all. Snype meanwhile looked up at Thyme happily. Mark wasn't sure of how to answer Bri, as he wasn't sure of how Sel would end up after all of that...

"Thyme! Good to see your still with us!"
Snype said. "That Pineco really got the jump on us... Geez, I can't believe I didn't see it... sorry Thyme."

Nideous

The world refused to change...
Years
"D-don't worry. Everything's going to be fine. I'm here," Bri said to everyone. He didn't know what else to say. He wanted to say something, anything that would make them all feel better. But he wasn't good at this sort of thing. It was usually him that needed the hug and the soothing words. In fact he probably could have used a hug himself. But, he had to be strong for the others. They needed someone to help them get through this, and he was there. Thyem rolled over in Bri's arms and cried out in pain when she put pressure on her left arm. Bri rolled her back over so she wouldn't get hurt even worse. So, she settled for a compromise. She turned her head to look at Snype.
"I'm ok. Just a little sore, that's all. And tell that foolish boy out there to stop fussing at us. It's his fault we were even in that forest!" Thyme said softly.
"Thyme, relax. Putting the blame on people isn't going to make anyone feel any better," Bri said quietly.
"It makes me feel better. If he wants to risk his own hide, that's his buisiness. But if he puts you in danger again, I'm gonna..." she said as she watched them all with hazy, unfocused eyes.

Years
(Thin walls XD)

Jack went back into his room he felt sick wanting to puke maybe it was the medication or maybe he just wanted to leave this god forsaken room. He picked up his bag and changed into his own clothes that was neatly folded beside his bed. He was doing it as quick as possible which wasn't very fast, the pain affecting him. Jack looked unto his hand that took most of the blow from the Ariados's poison sting. It had a big red mark on it and hurted like hell, but all he could do was cover it up with his jacket and leave. Jack somehow made it to the exit of the hospital without collapsing thankfully.

Jack made it to a bench and sat down, playing over everything in his head gain, this must have been the hundreth time. Shouldn't have saved that stupid Snivy, Jack sighed he knew that wasn't true he knew it was stupid for him to climb the tree in the first place. Worst part Blade still wan't leaving his pokeball "Come on buddy" said Jack as he urged him to come out of his pokeball.

Dawn

[span="font-size:180%;font-weight:900;color:#a568f
Years
Valorie glanced at Brian and Mark briefly, still affectionately holding Selene. She was tempted to ask one of them to rethink the group some water. Yet, Selene needed her attention and she was sure the nurse could handle it. She turned back to Selene and looked up into her eyes, not seeming to care how close they were, physically speaking. She then smiled lightly, putting all her own problems behind her for the time being. Someone had to break the glum ice. She then continued to whisper.

"I'll ask the nurse if I can stay with you tonight when she comes back. Whatever happens, we'll face it together. I promise."

Valorie didn't know of the nurse would actually let her, but she would lie if she had to. She was going to show Selene how serious she was. If happiness and lack of stress could help cure cancer, certainly they could help Selene's leg! ...Right?

Last edited:

HunterZero

Maverick Hunting til the end
Years
Vincent followed behind Bri quietly and thought about what had happened. How could he let himself and all his Pokemon get caught? Stupid! Now all his friends were hurt and their Pokemon he felt weak that he needed to get stronger so something like this would never happen again. He got his pokemon healed and Terra and Wattage stayed in their pokeballs but Dyno and Blitz didn't.

"Something like this is never going to happen again," Xack said to Dyno and Blitz as he sat in the corner of the room where everyone else was talking. He then noticed that Valorie's Dratini evolved and Sel's Riolu evolved. He was kind of jealous the only Pokemon that he had with him that had evolved was Blitz. Dyno glared at the Dragonair jealous he knew that Deino's take a long time before they evolve.

Vincent then got up and left the room and headed toward the school. These were one of those times where Luna felt utterly useless and terrible. It happened once before and he disappeared from his home for a month and then reappeared feeling much better. He just wanted to be alone for a bit. Knowing he can't just go and do that he began walking back to the school.

It wasn't normal for him to act like this he was really bummed out so he went back to his room and laid down on his bed. He took of his beat up clothing and changed to a dark red T-shirt and jet black slim jeans. He also changed his shoes to a dark red pair. Vincent then dusted off his dorm jacket and put it on.

He stepped out of his room to go find something to do but as soon as he opened the door he was greeted to Byron who was carring a pokeball.

"Hey Vincent! Oh...you look like you've had a rough day," He said looking at some of the scratches on Vince's face.

"Yeah...what is it?" He asked sounding a bit depressed.

"Well we finally got that fossil of yours turned into a pokemon called Anorith. It took us a while because we thought we had left the equipment in the abandoned Lugia white dorm but luckily we didn't," He said as he handed Vince the pokeball.

"We were going to keep the pokemon for studies but I told them you found the fossil so you derserve it," He added with a smile.

"Yeah thanks," Xack said as he let the Anorith out of the pokeball. The Anorith let out a small yawn and the latched itself to Xack's face.

"He's a clingy little one ain't he? Well I gotta get going see ya Vincent," Byron said as the teacher walked off.

"Hello there little guy," Vince said as he pulled the Anorith off his face. "What should I name you....ah maybe Scissors, This made the Anorith make a happy yelp and then crawled onto Vince's shoulder.

He then walked back to where everyone was and then yet again sat in the corner of the room and didn't say anything. He played with Scissors and thought about many things.

SelenaStar

Years
Nodding, Sel returned the smile in a somewhat weak and watery manner and sniffled a final time as she turned her head to the side in the embrace, looking out at the rest of the room. She felt safe here sat with her friend, and it didn't seem like Valorie was going to make her move anytime soon so she was quite content to stay while she could. Valorie was planning on staying here with her overnight...Selene hadn't even figured she'd be in the hospital for that long! But with her leg...yeah, it was still bad...really bad...she guessed it really wasn't her call at the end of the day.

"Either the Nurse lets you stay here or I go elsewhere...I don't want you to go anywhere! And I don't want to be by myself!" insisted Sel in a somewhat shaky voice, watching as Vince came back into the room. He seemed to be okay, if not somewhat subdued and under the weather...but weren't they all? She were about to ask him how he was doing when one of the Nurses came into the room quietly, and Selene could tell from her face that something was wrong.

"Could you all pl-" she began before Selene cut her off, "No. No, Nurse, I'm sorry but these are my friends...they fought with me and I want them to stay here...only if they want to, of course," she smiled weakly at the group. The Nurse hesitated and looked around before nodding finally, giving in to Sel. She made her way over to a chair the other side of the bed and Selene didn't like the fact she was sitting down...it seemed to indicate that she had a lot to say.

"Very well...Selene, our tests have indicated that, well...the local Antidote shot isn't working, it cannot effectively combat the deep tissue poisoning that you have sustained, which is why the discoloration and swelling of the leg has continued to be a problem - any surface relief the Antidote provided has been negated by the spread from your deep tissues - namely muscular tissue and even potentially bone marrow..." Selene heard the words as though through water - as though the Nurse was far away, an apparition of sorts...she watched her blankly as she continued. "This means one of two things. Either the Poisoning has spread further through your system than we anticipated - this we will treat with an overnight course of intravenous Antidote - or it has spread too far and...we will need to seriously consider below the knee amputation if we are to prevent the spreading any further..." at the word 'amputation' Selene's eyes snapped back into focus, and she shook her head with a small laugh, a sound of disbelief.

"Don't be so ridiculous," she snapped, frowning at the Nurse as though we were a young child getting carried away with her tales. "That...that's absurd. It was only a Spinarak..."

"The venom is very potent, and you have multiple bite wounds on your ankle, Miss Evans," said the Nurse somewhat sternly, perhaps in response to Selene's tone, "That was not just one Spinarak. And even if it were just one, it doesn't change the current facts...I shall set up the IV for you, I shall be back in a moment..."

And she left. And Selene watched her empty chair for a moment. None of her pokemon really understood what was going on...apart from Blu, ever the wise one, who settled on her shoulder and snuggled into her gently. Looking straight at Valorie with no expression, Selene hardly noticed as the Nurse returned with a drip and a bag full of clear fluid, injecting the tube into her arm.

"I..." she began, pausing as she watched the Nurse adjust something on the tube before she left with a small smile, turning back to Valorie. "I figured I'd be out by the end of the day..." she said, almost as though asking for confirmation that this was all really happening and it wasn't just in her own mind.

Megaman765

Years
Hearing what the Nurse said, Mark placed his palm over his face feeling even more guilty. If they hadn't battled there... if they just went somewhere else... Damn it all... he wasn't going to let this slide, even if he had to somehow Sue somebody... not that he could. Curse being young. He was going to stay with Selene overnight even if they didn't let him. It was the lease he could do. He just wanted to scream. Several thoughts were just flowing through his mind... he was losing his mind, even though he wasn't showing that to anyone else.

"There has to be another way... there just has to be..." Mark whispered quietly. "I figured schools were supposed to be safe, that they would prevent this kind of thing from happening. And here we are, half of our group is injured." Mark paused. "Sorry. I'm thinking out loud. But I can't help but be angry..."

Nideous

Years
Bri froze up upon hearing the nurse's words. He didn't want to even think it. Thyme was confused. She had never heard that word before, but she didn't think she would like what it meant.
"What does that mean? Brian?" she asked looking up at him. He couldn't answer. Why had he not stopped them?! All he would have had to say was that he didn't want to go, and they would probably not have gone in! Or, he could have kept a better eye on Sel! She had been up in that tree too! He should have done something!
"I... I'll stay here with you, if you want me too," Bri said solemnly. He wished there was more he could have done. He wished there was more he still could do!

SelenaStar

Years
Turning to face Mark and Bri, Selene registered their faces...their expressions...she was suddenly alarmed, she didn't want any of the guys to feel bad!! She was beyond touched by their responses, though...they must care about her more than she first thought...but she didn't want it to be like this.

Smiling at them all - her first genuine smile since being in here - she nodded. "Thank you...Mark, Bri...thank you so much, it really does mean a lot. But I don't want you to feel you have to stay out of some misguided sense of guilt! It isn't any of your faults...it's just one of those things, like with Jack and Valorie...I guess I was just unlucky that I was slow to respond as usual," she grinned - she couldn't let herself get down about this. Settling for the worst case scenario wasn't in her nature..."Anyway, if we're turning this into an all-night party then shouldn't we get ourselves some supplies? I've got a tonne of movies and music and snacks in my room...they were delivered by my Mom today. Hold on..." she let go of Valorie for a moment - yes, she had still been hugging her for that entire time - and reached over the side of her bed with a wince and an uncomfortable groan and whipped out her keys, handing them to Ri who placed Sharpay in the chair and took them. "It should be a large box...thanks Ri," she smiled as the Lucario left.

"Anyway...even if worst does come to worst then I can handle the one-legged life...Spoink to it all the time, why can't I!"

HunterZero

Years
When Selene looked at him he smiled a bit but then the smile quickly disappeared when he heard the Nurse's words. He then quickly blamed himself for what had happened. He blamed himself for letting everyone down it wasn't his pokemon's fault or anyone else it was his. No! No! Xack started become angry if something terrible were to happen to her he couldn't bare losing someone he thought of as a friend.

"Damnit!" He shouted as he slammed the wall with his fist making a hole. "Calm down calm down," He stared at the wall breathing heavily why was he so upset? He'd never freaked out like this before. He even scared Scissors who crawled onto his back shaking. He heard what Selene said to Mark and Bri but he just kept blaming himself in his head. Xack turned around and faced Selene and walked up to her bed.

"Hey if we're going to have a party then I'll go get some drinks then I saw a store not far from here I'll be right back," As he started to walk out the door he stopped and looked to Sel and Val. Anyone could see the sadness and depression he was trying to hide.

"You two keep being sexy while I'm gone! Mark and Bri stay cool," Xack said to Val and Sel and then Mark and Bri. He then walked out of the room heading toward the store with Scissors around his neck.

Nideous

Years
"Um... If you guys can look after Thyme for me, I can run to the cafeteria and get us some snacks," Bri said. He set Thyme on the bed and got up. He glanced at the hole that Vince had made in the wall. He turned back to his friends.
"Uh... I'll be back soon," he said before walking off. Thyme watched him go. She wondered if they knew how much Bri trusted them. He would never have left her with anyone as injured as she was. She couldn't even find the strength to get back on her feet. It didn't occur to her that she trusted these people. She would have raised a storm for him leaving her here if she hadn't. Whatever, she was to tired to think straight. At least that pill hadn't sent her back to the land of colors. She didn't think she could take that again.

Dawn

[span="font-size:180%;font-weight:900;color:#a568f
Years
Valorie's Post

Valorie heard what the nurse said and just sort of stared at said nurse, paling. In her mind, she had just become overwhelmed. This wasn't right and it wasn't fair. It shouldn't be happening. Why couldn't she do anything about it? She couldn't breath. Her thoughts just sort of came to a screeching halt like some sort of train wreck.

She managed to become aware of the fact that she was suffocating before, y'know, fainting, and this forced her back into action. She shuddered, taking in a breath and gritting her teeth due to stress, going ahead and repressing all the horrible emotions she was feeling. It probably wasn't good for her, but it was the only way she knew how to deal with a problem like this. Even that couldn't stop her mood from slamming to a cynical low. She silently cursed an unseen foe who had allowed this to happen.

...Had Vincent just called them both sexy? Valorie could've thought of more flattering words to be called. She silently wondered if any of the others thought anything of it, but did not say anything. For the moment, she was focused on holding Selene in that hug comfortingly.

Mackenzie's Post

Meanwhile, a young woman approached the end of a dock by the sea, blissfully unaware of all the drama that was going on in the academy. Besides! Dealing with drama was what everyone and their uncle did. She was too cool for that. She was also one of the people who would probably send an email to break up with someone. She had her Raikou dorm jacket on and a fishing pole slung over her shoulder. She was brand new to the school, but cared little for getting to know the place, instead preferring to jump in and just do her own thing. Today, that meant fishing! Several people along the beach eyed her fashion sense, questioning her sanity. She payed them no mind. They just wouldn't understand, was the thing. She climbed up atop one of the beams supporting the pier and sat there, legs dangling to the sides. She then paused to fix her glasses, making sure they wouldn't fall off. Two younger boys looked up at her, curiously. She stared at them for a moment before smirking lightly, casting off her fishing rod into the water. She didn't actually expect to catch anything. She was just there because nobody else was.

SelenaStar

Years
Sexy?! SEXY?! Selene supposed that she should be flattered but if she had use of her legs she'd have gone right over there and...but then when she glared up at Vince as he left she felt the anger dissipate and she couldn't help but smile gently at him, nodding her head towards him. "Alright Hot Stuff don't you get lost on the way back okay?" she said as he left, hoping to ease the angsty feelings around the room.

Bri also left to get supplies, leaving a somewhat somber Thyme in the chair he had vacated. "We'll look after her!" she replied to Bri as he left, as though illustrating her point Gordon and Ryan wandered over to Thyme's chair, Ryan climbing up to sit on the back of the chair, Gordon lounging against one of the chair legs and watching Thyme with interest.

"Been in the wars huh? How you doing?" asked Gordon with a small smile, not exactly mocking Thyme but trying to take some seriousness out of the issue. Of course, he knew full well he could receive a tongue lashing in return, but he was willing to risk that. If anything, it made dealing with the Snivy all the more enjoyable.

Ri suddenly appeared in the room, carrying a large taped-up parcel in his arms that he put on the floor beside Selene. Sel smiled brightly, reaching down to the box and picking away at the tape...God, why was there so much...she looked around, looking to find anything sharp...if only they left scalpels around...although that would be relatively dangerous. As Ri dropped her keys on top of the box an idea struck, and she took a key and jabbed it in through the tape, ripping it open.

Rifling through the styrofoam balls, she smiled at the Teddiursa her mother had enclosed with a note attached:

You should call more - Teds was missing you so he decided to go for a Vacation. We love you, hope you're having a wonderful time - Mom xx

The note nearly made Selene cry and laugh in equal measure as she put the plushie on her lap inbetween her and Valorie, looking through further. Cupcakes...jelly sweets...various chick flicks that she assumed the guys wouldn't be particularly interested in watching...oh no, her Mom had included her Justin Bieber collection...she nearly cursed under her breath, face flushing. As long as no-one saw the boxed action figure they'd be fine...ripping out a packet of gummy worms, Sel jammed the box closed with a grin that looked more like a grimace. "Anyone for a gummy worm?" she said, pulling the bag open and offering it to Valorie.

Years
Jack continued sitting on a bench outside the hospital and he saw as Brian and Vincent ran out both going off in different directions. Hope they don't see me Jack though, feeling guilty about what had been happening, and still unaware of what had been happening to Selene. He reached into this bag pulled out a bag of chips that had been crushed during the events of the forest but he ate them anyway. "Nothing more now, but think about tomorrow" Jack said as he grabbed a map of the island from his bag. "Could check out the icy caves to the east" he said while looking over the map trying to just forget about to day and all its problems. Everytime though his eyes wandered to the forest location, somewhere in the back of his head he knew he would have to go back there.

HunterZero

Years
As Vincent walked to the store he stared at Blitz's and Dyno's and Wattage's pokeballs. "My first three pokemon I feel as if I have failed you three as a trainer I promise I will make you stronger," As he said that Blitz popped out of his pokeball followed by Dyno and Wattage, even Terra came out his pokeballs. They all gave a comforting look to Vince even Dyno was pumped to get stronger.

"Alright! But will get started some other time on that I'm feelin' a tad drowsy," He said to his pokemon who all made a "Really?!" face. They were just pumped up only to be told some other time which in Vince's lazy language probably meant never. He casually walked into the store with his pokemon feeling a bit better now that his pokemon were here by his side.

"Ah now what drinks to buy.....," Vince said as he stared at all the different types of sodas and juices. "I'll just buy one of every kind of soda then everyone can just pick what they want," He said to Scissors and Terra who were playing in the store.

Blitz helped Vincent get the drinks out and Xack couldn't help but notice again that Blitz seemed unusually big for a Charmeleon he was taller than Jack's and Valorie's Charmeleons he wondered why. Eh...He figured he would talk to someone about it later. He paid for the drinks with the money his parents gave him for the academy. Luckily for him they gave him a lot.

He was whistling on his way out of the door holding the drinks feeling a bit better but a person could still see the sadness, anger and depression in his eyes. He had also got a cooler filled with ice and put some drinks of those which was being carried by Blitz.

"Hey everybody I'm back with drinks!" Luna said as he walked back into Sel's room. "I got every kind of soda they had in the store so hope you like it," Blitz then placed the cooler down near Selene's bed and Vince put the sodas he was caring in them.

"So Sel when you're feeling better and are able to, which I know you will get better, I say we should all go to the beach sometime I remember seeing it and it looked like fun. What do you say?" Vince asked as he took out a bottled soda popped of the top and started drinking it. He then remembered something on his way out he got a glimpse of Jack. Vincent wondered what he was up to.

SelenaStar

Years
Selene smiled up at Vince from her bed as he returned with a coolbox full of drinks. She waited as he took a soda and then reached into the box, digging around herself until she found a Lemonade. Pink Lemonade! Oh that was just ideal. She frowned, realising she didn't know how to take the top off it...she didn't have any kind of bottle opener...a flash of inspiration hit her and she held the bottle out to Ri.

"Would you mind hun?" she asked, and the Lucario nodded and snapped the bottle open wordlessly. He was in shock slightly over what was going on with his trainer...add that to all the adjustments he was going through after his evolution...he was a bit tense right now. He sat down in his chair, putting Horsea back onto his lap as he did so and watched the room. Sel looked at him with a slight frown, hoping that this wasn't a permanent personality change after the evolution and was just Ri feeling beat after such a bad day...she wanted her little man back in personality, she didn't care so much about his evolved physique but her Ri...the personality she missed.

"Thanks for this Vince Xack Luna!" she grinned, lifting the bottle slightly and tilting it to him in a toast. "Here, heads up," she said, rolling up the bag of gummy worms tightly and flinging it over to him. He then said about going to the beach when they were feeling better - code for 'you aren't going to lose your leg, Sel, don't worry' that she appreciated - and she grimaced slightly, eyes flicking to Mark.

Of course Vince didn't know about the whole Frillish incident...or did he? She couldn't remember really...but either way, Mark had already been through today once with those water pokemon...she didn't know how he'd take the idea of going to the beach again after that...

"Yes for sure, I'm up for that! I know Ryan would be feeling the training down there...but we'd have to make sure we were safe about it" she added, mainly for Mark so he knew that she hadn't forgotten what had happened and that they would be more careful as a result of it.

Megaman765

Years
Snype jumped up onto the bed Snivy was on and sat beside her, Happy to see she was doing fairly well. "Good to see your awake Snivy! Oh... and thanks for getting me off of that Ariados. Blade would have sent me for a hell of a seismic toss if you didn't react on time." Snype said giving off his signature large grin.

Mark, listening to Selene's words made him feel slightly better about himself. She wasn't mad at least... but he knew that from the start. When Vince came back, he quickly reached in and grabbed a bottle of Soda Pop and some gummy worms.. While drinking it, Vincint mentioned the beach... the beach...! Mark immediately did a spit take of his soda as soon as heard that word. Blushing for a moment, he turned to everyone.

"U...um... the beach? Erm... I think I'll stay behind... yeah... not a big water fan... heheh..." Mark said nervously, remembering what happened last time...

Back