• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

~Just the Classics~ Original 151 Fan Club

Status
Not open for further replies.

SS01

#PoC Collab
Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Jul 18, 2016
Favorite Gen I Legendary?It reminds me of the underdog, and I'm all supportive of any underdog.
Same here. I Love Zapdos, the sprite just seems so awesome xD

I must be the odd one out here but Mewtwo never really apealed to me. Must be because it appears so late in the game it is actually pretty useless unless you're fighting other players.
I'm the same way. I just can't get used to Mewtwo's design. It's... Ugly!

New topic, and this one is big:
Favorite Kanto non-legendary Pokemon?
Eevee. EeveeEeveeEevee. So cuuuuuute xD Other than that Dragonair looks nice, but Dragonite looks fat to me, haha.
Everyone, show us what you think!

Last edited:

classiccartoonsftw

Nintendo is for awesome people
Years
  • Seen Jan 18, 2017
Pikachu, because it's soooo cute! I also like Gengar, Starmie, Charizard, Blastoise, and Rhydon.

Sector

Banned
Years
  • Age 33
  • Ohio
  • Seen Oct 10, 2016
Favorite non-legendary Pokemon?
Spitballing topics now huh? LOL

Well simply Ninetales(Obviously) and Venusaur. Then again, I did use to like Raichu, Butterfree, Nidoking, Aerodactyl as my favorites. Kabutops look awesome, then you've got the Eeveelutions who are just pure cute family!

Fattest Snorlax is cool. Scyther is badass. Clefairy is an awesome Alien. Jigglypuff is a fun balloon to play with. Pikachu is the perfect face. Vulpix is the cutest of all Pokemon. Starmie is pretty fast and awesome. Lapras is a fun Pokemon to surf on, could be a break from swimming in a deep part of the ocean and when I want to eat whenever, I can always sit on its back.
That's that.

arbok

cobra pokemon
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Mar 10, 2013
Oh God, please don't make me choose...
Arbok is a given but I love all three starters, Eevee line, Gastly line, Koffing/Weezing, Vulpix-Ninetails, Growlethe, Ryhorn, Dragonair, Magnemite, Aerodactyl and.. and.. Pretty much all of them....

except Jynx and Mr.mime. Creepy.

Years
  • Seen yesterday
Username: Myc Shredder
Favorite Gen I Pokemon: Charmeleon
Partner Pokemon: Damien the Charmeleon

Aside from him being the evolved form of my fav starter, to this day I still love that unique red skin that seperate him from the rest of his evolution line. This is the same reason why I always wished they gave Charizard a similar palette instead of that orange colouring; only then would he perfect the Red emblem :D

On topic now, other non-legendary Kanto favourites include Charizard evidently, Bulbasaur, Pidgeot, Pikachu, Gengar, Tauros,
Kingler... Basically everyone I saw putting up a bad a** battle in the anime! But then again I love all 1st gen Pokemon, be it their simple design or the borderline nostalgic value attached to them.

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
Years

Will say Dragonair. :3 It's so awesome. I never evolve it to Dragonite, ever. I wanted to keep Dragonair as is so I gave it an Everstone. It's not like I don't like Dragonite, just that I like Dragonair's stats a lot better as is. xD

SS01

#PoC Collab
Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Jul 18, 2016
Username: Myc Shredder
Favorite Gen I Pokemon: Charmeleon
Partner Pokemon: Damien the Charmeleon

Aside from him being the evolved form of my fav starter, to this day I still love that unique red skin that seperate him from the rest of his evolution line. This is the same reason why I always wished they gave Charizard a similar palette instead of that orange colouring; only then would he perfect the Red emblem :D
On topic now, other non-legendary Kanto favourites include Charizard evidently, Bulbasaur, Pidgeot, Pikachu, Gengar, Tauros,
Kingler... Basically everyone I saw putting up a bad a** battle in the anime! But then again I love all 1st gen Pokemon, be it their simple design or the borderline nostalgic value attached to them.
I don't think I've ever seen so many font tags in one post lmao
Welcome! You're the first new member we've had in over a month! Hehe, Charmeleon's coloring is interesting. Your topic choices seem to be consistent with everyone else's :P
Spitballing topics now huh? LOL
Yep. XD

Avishka

Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Nov 13, 2019
i like all three starters, Pidgey, Pikachu, Vulpix-Ninetails, Growlithe, Eevee, eeveelution, Charizard and more.....

Years
  • Seen yesterday

I don't think I've ever seen so many font tags in one post lmao
Welcome! You're the first new member we've had in over a month! Hehe, Charmeleon's coloring is interesting. Your topic choices seem to be consistent with everyone else's :P

Yep. XD
Thanks for the welcome ShinySearcher01 :D (been here for like a month now & was just too lazy to post in the Welcome area :P)
To be honest I first came here as a leecher looking for good hacks to play, but then I looked around a bit & saw some great forums in this community. This is like Heaven to a 24 yr old Pokemon fan such as myself :D

Sector

Banned
Years
  • Age 33
  • Ohio
  • Seen Oct 10, 2016
I have an interesting question. This may lead toward Generation II but it's a Generation I Pokemon..ahh it's going to overlap between the two so no harm done, right?

Should Magnemite/Magneton be only an Electric type, or do you like it's newly Electric/Steel type duo?

arbok

cobra pokemon
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Mar 10, 2013
I have an interesting question. This may lead toward Generation II but it's a Generation I Pokemon..ahh it's going to overlap between the two so no harm done, right?

Should Magnemite/Magneton be only an Electric type, or do you like it's newly Electric/Steel type duo?

I like it being steel type on top. That is the best way to seperate it from Voltorb and Pikachu in two stage electric types. I find strong steel types difficult to find and the amount of resistances make them good defencive players.
As Silver was my first pokemon game I'm actually more used to Magnemite being a dual type rather than a pure electric.

Sector

Banned
Years
  • Age 33
  • Ohio
  • Seen Oct 10, 2016
I like it being steel type on top. That is the best way to seperate it from Voltorb and Pikachu in two stage electric types. I find strong steel types difficult to find and the amount of resistances make them good defencive players.
As Silver was my first pokemon game I'm actually more used to Magnemite being a dual type rather than a pure electric.

Even with it's 4x Weakness to Ground? Earthquake is a very common and powerful attack.

arbok

cobra pokemon
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Mar 10, 2013
Even with it's 4x Weakness to Ground? Earthquake is a very common and powerful attack.
yes there is that but Magneton learns the handy move magnet rise causing all ground type moves to miss for just that occasion.

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
Years

I thought the addition of Steel-type in Magnemite & Magneton was like an upgrade. Though the damage from other electric type Pokemon does increase a little due to that, so that's a bit of a plus.

Olli

I am still bathing in a summer's afterglow
Years

I think it's a great addition to those two particular Pokémon, since it fits their design so much better. They may have become a pain in the ever-so-lovely behind if you're not prepared for them, and don't have a typing that helps you against them, but then again, it makes them more of a challenge, and that also makes them good team members :D

Spritingyoshi22

That guy over there
Years
[SIZE="a"]Fav gen 1 non legendary Meowth and pikachu. Meowth I said in my first post. Pikachu it is very cute and loyal and is a pokemon that dosn't need evolving to begood enough for the indigo league
Magnemite/magneton electric steel I prefered it when it was electric type as it was only 2x weak to ground types.[/SIZE]

Last edited:

SS01

#PoC Collab
Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Jul 18, 2016

That's fine :)

Personally I like the Electric/Steel. Steel is a good defensive type but not that great offensive and Electric is pretty much the opposite, so Electric/Steel makes for a very versatile Pokemon. As Arbok said, it conveniently has Magnet Rise, which causes the 4x Ground weakness to not be a problem.

Years
I would like to join please. I have been a fan since the beginning so I have a fond memory of the first generation and some of my all-time favourite pokemon are of the first generation.

Username: CliveKoopa
Favorite Gen I Pokemon: Golem
Partner Pokemon: Reggie the Golem

SS01

#PoC Collab
Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Jul 18, 2016
I would like to join please. I have been a fan since the beginning so I have a fond memory of the first generation and some of my all-time favourite pokemon are of the first generation.

Username: CliveKoopa
Favorite Gen I Pokemon: Golem
Partner Pokemon: Reggie the Golem
Welcome! This club hasn't been too active lately, but hopefully if we keep getting new members we'll be able to stay alive. :D
Reggie.. Sounds familiar.. ;] Nice choice!

New topic:
Least favorite Gen I Pokemon?
As for me, I think Charizard. So overrated! It has a nice shiny sprite though, so I like it for that.

Everyone, tell us your answers!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back