• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best places on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! Community members will not see the bottom screen advertisements.

[Other FULL] Youkai Academy [OOC/SU][T]

Sapphire Rose

[I]Only thorns left on this rose.[/I]
Years
@Breastpad-less Genderbent Sakuy-I mean...
@TornZero - Yeah, thinking about it now, I agree. The youkai in this aren't close enough to nekobake to be called them, so neko musume and neko musuko would work...but nekobake is so fun to say ;_;

Heck, even Nekotoko (Cat Man) and Nekonna (Cat Woman) are really fun to say ;_; CAN WE DO THOSE, MOMMY? CANWECANWECANWECANWECANWECANWECANWECANWECANWECANWECANWECANWE!?

Ugh… uhm, let me decide on this one… if this was directed to me .__.

PokeCommunity seems to be working normal again so I should be able to post today.

Sapphire Rose

Years
That last part was meant for you, mom.

Well, I guess all of it was, though the first part was more directed at Torn.

Uhm... right .__. seems like this OOC is getting more random with the day.

I might change the name Neko to Nekotoko and Nekonna BUT... I want the other to agree with this... so is that okay everyone?~

Also, i'm sorry for another poor written post ^^;;; I don't have much time to check my grammar at the moment... I probably made a lot of mistakes again.

Geras

Roleplayer
Years
Posted as Raka, will post as Yorick soon.

PinkSapphire, can you tell me if I got anything wrong about Fairy Tale, or any other canonical mess ups?

Also, I found out about the Raijuu when looking up different youkai and I would have shown much more interest in that than I ever did with the mermaid, which made me wonder why you picked mermaid as one of the playable species above others (like the Kraken).

Edit: I finally learned how to do the whole "link to the SU through the picture" thing.

Last edited:

machomuu

Stuck in Hot Girl Summer
Years
I'm still sticking with "nekomusume/musuko". "Cat man" and "Cat woman" just don't sound right like they do for snowpeople. You might have copyright problems with "Catwoman", too.
I prefer them because they flow so well. It's not uncommon in Japanese to blend two words together if their similar, both professionally, and more commonly, for pun or convenience related reasons. Take Bakemonogatari for example. That title works better than, say, Bakemono Monogatari (methinks). I think it's the same case here, Nekotoko and Nekonna just blend so fantastically with each other; you just can't get that type of phonetic chemistry, otherwise.

After all, it's not like they are Cat Man and Cat Woman, they only turn into that when translated, but they're still independent words. They would be Nekotoko and Nekonna, not Cat Men and Cat Women. Really, the reason I picked it was strictly because of their Japanese names, and not what they come out to in English, since, for the most part, they would be referred to by the former, anyway.

Plus there's Mayuri from Steins;Gate, who does this with pretty much everyone, such as Okarin and, my favorite, Okaerin, which is an rather interesting mesh between Okarin, the a mesh of the main character's first and last names (Okabe + Rintarou = Okarin), and the word Okaeri, which means "Welcome Home!", effectively making the phrase "Welcome home, Okarin!" with half the trouble. *Sigh* If only that girl knew how smart she actually is.

Sapphire Rose

Years
Posted as Raka, will post as Yorick soon.

PinkSapphire, can you tell me if I got anything wrong about Fairy Tale, or any other canonical mess ups?

Also, I found out about the Raijuu when looking up different youkai and I would have shown much more interest in that than I ever did with the mermaid, which made me wonder why you picked mermaid as one of the playable species above others (like the Kraken).

Edit: I finally learned how to do the whole "link to the SU through the picture" thing.

I might add Kraken to the list later so everyone will be able to read their weaknesses and stuff. I didn't use Kraken for the RP this time because in the last version of Youkai Academy no one wanted to play as one ^^;

Your post is good c: keep it up~
I will add the new characters to the list today to keep the first page up-to-date.

Machomuu&TornZero- i'll wait with deciding untill I get more opinions c: … I kinda like both names~

Colony

Poe and Palahniuk's Prodige
Years
My vote lies with Macho. I agree that Nekotoko/Nekonna sound the best, plus Yuki-onna are also used in the RP, though not by that name.

On a completely different note I think I found a decent picture for James.
JamesYA_zps84aa7fb0.jpg

TornZero

Resident Yuri-ism Cult Leader
Years
My vote lies with Macho. I agree that Nekotoko/Nekonna sound the best, plus Yuki-onna are also used in the RP, though not by that name.

"Yuki-onna" is the actual term used in Japanese mythology for the snow woman. "Nekomusume" is the term used for cat-people in Rosario + Vampire, which is what this is based on.

On a completely different note I think I found a decent picture for James.
JamesYA_zps84aa7fb0.jpg

Just what we need: the megalomaniac of a main character to a sci-fi anime.

Colony

Years
I merely stated that I think it sounds better, which is what I thought the whole discussion was about. I know that Nekomusume is the correct term for the youkai according to RosaVam, but so is Yuki-onna (the English equivalent doesn't count) and I don't see that term being used currently. In retrospect I suppose the inclusion of Yuki-onna in my original comment was a moot point. Lol, I wondered how long it would take someone to say something about the Lelouch pic, but it was that or a pic of Miharu Rokujou from Nabari no Ou. I chose this one because it didn't look as apathetic.

Last edited:

Colony

Years
Apparently black hair and green eyes together are very, very uncommon. This is the only thing I really found that matched. Personally I think it's a bit derpy, but that's just me.

Years
Hmmm this looks like an interesting, albeit soppy, moment for character development :D
I almost feel sorry for Cheryll's bully now being confronted by Yorick, Allister (and probably Gavin)

Also, I love playing as Allister when he's angry xD

Sapphire Rose

Years
I'm happy that everyone still likes to RolePlay here c': really happy~

Aannouncement- the IC day will end on tuesday/wednesday so be sure to be ready for it~

I think Nami needs more interaction with other RP'ers so who wants to interact with her on the next IC day before she becomes part of the get-Solo-back task force? d: (don't worry, it's not part of the RolePlay's story. You guys have another problem to deal with on the next IC day~)

Last edited:

Satan.EXE

King of the Hell
Years
  • Age 29
  • C:\
  • Seen Jun 12, 2015
I'm happy that everyone still likes to RolePlay here c': really happy~

Aannouncement- the IC day will end on tuesday/wednesday so be sure to be ready for it~

I think Nami needs more interaction with other RP'ers so who wants to interact with her on the next IC day before she becomes part of the get-Solo-back task force? d: (don't worry, it's not part of the RolePlay's story. You guys have another problem to deal with on the next IC day~)

Here I am waiting for the Solo thingy to happen, and it's not even until tomorrow IC??

Bummmmmmmer.

Years
Sorry for the shortness of my posts lately, I have been having a bit of trouble with writers block but they'll be back to a more acceptable length in no time.

Back