• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Red hack: Pokemon Brown 2009 [Final Dungeon Released]

Status
Not open for further replies.

miksy91

Dark Energy is back in action! ;)
Years
So i downloaded this, patched it twice with the update. I started off but why do all the pokemon sprites have white lines running through them? Is it suppose to look like that or did something go wrong?

And timothy looks like professor oak and pyrce glitched together
That's how the game should be like if played on an emulator that functions like normal Gameboy Color. Try using some other emulating system, that should do the trick.

80C

"This is a text filler!"
Years
  • Seen May 13, 2022
I know this hack shows a little graphical error if played with BGB (SGB Emulator): there are a few misplaced trash\glitch lines\graphics on the screen during the entire gameplaying time.

I don't know why this occours only on BGB... mystery.

miksy91

Dark Energy is back in action! ;)
Years
Every emulator, that run in a false way so that Video Ram is accessable all the time, should work. I don't really know if there even are more than one GB/C emulator made for an android phone.
The best bet would be playing this with VisualBoyAdvance on a pc. That emulator handles VRAM accessability wrong, and thus, Brown runs fine with it.

Nevertheless, the emulator that shows those white lines is "better" since it functions more in a way it should. If the game was played on a console, the lines would be there as well. KBM could probably take care of that bug if he really had the time, and will to do that.

I know this hack shows a little graphical error if played with BGB (SGB Emulator): there are a few misplaced trash\glitch lines\graphics on the screen during the entire gameplaying time.

I don't know why this occours only on BGB... mystery.
GameBoy CPU Manual

When the LCD display is off (bit 7 of $ff40 set to 0) you can write to video memory at any time with out restrictions.
While it is on you can only write to video memory during H-Blank and V-Blank.

Not that I would understand the whole process either (haven't really looked at it for that matter either), but Video Ram is only accessable during a short amount of time - during the V-Blank which is handled by interrupts. If you try writing to VRAM at some other time, the data/graphics you write there is not written properly. I believe this is what happens with sprites in Brown. The game tries to access VRAM when you're supposed not to write there and the graphics turn messed up.

VisualBoyAdvance is made to access VRAM all the time, so it functions differently than a Gameboy emulator should. Thus, graphics look fine with it.

Last edited:
Years
Second town with the water gym. In front of the pokemon center was a patch of grass. Encountered a lvl 20 hitmonlee. Was that suppose to happen?

looneyman1

The Psycho Pokemon
Years
  • Age 37
  • Online now
Second town with the water gym. In front of the pokemon center was a patch of grass. Encountered a lvl 20 hitmonlee. Was that suppose to happen?

I found a Hitmonchan just outside Seashore City so I wager it is supposed to happen.

Also can someone tell me how I get to the 8th gym? I've been all over and I can't find it. The only place I think could lead there is that blocked cave in Egalou City but nothing I do can let me get through. A NPC says I need a Mist Stone but where the heck do I find that?

Years
  • Seen Jan 18, 2017
Just don't go in that patch of grass if your under leveled. If you want some EXP, then this is the place to train!

HoennTM

Will my hack be done soon? Probably not.
Years
I found the SilverEgg by accident. I was superspeeding and I coundn't control it and pressed "A" and I found it.
So far - SilverEgg, EmeraldEgg, RubyEgg and the GoldEgg.
Now i need Sapphire, Prism Key and whatever the last one is.

classiccartoonsftw

Nintendo is for awesome people
Years
  • Seen Jan 18, 2017
Could you please upload the updated type chart for Pokemon Brown/Prism? I want to see how the Fairy type fares against the Wood, Wind, Sound, Gas, and Abnormal types!

Years
  • Seen Jan 24, 2020
could someone tell me if there are a way to play the new 2014 hack in color?
I have a gbc emulator on my android but there is no settings for changing the color template..
thanks

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Feb 28, 2014
Just beat the Rijon league with the following team:

Blastoise lv 50
Alakazam lv 48
Magmar lv 48
Snorlax lv 46
Pidgeot lv 41

It seems like opposition pokemon levels sky rocketed after the 5th gym, probably my only complaint of an otherwise superb mod.

So now that I've beat the league for the first time, what does else does the game have to offer?

Also, is Magmortar in this game?

pokemonlover493

Trainer
Years
Just beat the Rijon league with the following team:

Blastoise lv 50
Alakazam lv 48
Magmar lv 48
Snorlax lv 46
Pidgeot lv 41

It seems like opposition pokemon levels sky rocketed after the 5th gym, probably my only complaint of an otherwise superb mod.

So now that I've beat the league for the first time, what does else does the game have to offer?

Also, is Magmortar in this game?

There is a final dungeon in one of the towns, and a cave to the right of the path to the rijon league.
Magmortar is in the game, you need to find the magmarizer though.

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Feb 28, 2014
There is a final dungeon in one of the towns, and a cave to the right of the path to the rijon league.
Magmortar is in the game, you need to find the magmarizer though.

Cheers.

Any idea where the magmarizer is?

I assume the final dungeon is the cave you have to surf to in your hometown. I remember checking it out after I got my 7th badge and immediately getting kirbstomped by some trainer with all level 70+ pokemon. That or that building you can't go in until you beat the league in Hayward.

Also, do you meant he cave that leads you to a house with a teleporter?

Prof. Birch

The Greatest Hoenn Professor
Years
Cheers.

Any idea where the magmarizer is?

I assume the final dungeon is the cave you have to surf to in your hometown. I remember checking it out after I got my 7th badge and immediately getting kirbstomped by some trainer with all level 70+ pokemon. That or that building you can't go in until you beat the league in Hayward.

Also, do you meant he cave that leads you to a house with a teleporter?

You can find the magmarizer in Route 34 (north of Ilex Forest) where you have to Surf down to the area where you battle the three Cooltrainers in G/S/C.

The cave with the level 70+ is where you find Moltres\Entei and the building that you can't go in until you beat the league in Hayward is the Final Dungeon.

The cave that pokemonlover493 mentioned is the cave is where you can find the Helix Fossil. You can find lots of cool pokemon in there like Woopers, Rhyhorns, Azumarills, Dragonairs, Murkrows, Flaaffy, Heracross, Misdreavus, Houndooms, etc. When you exit the cave, there is a Pokemon Center in there where you can get Jigglypuff for 60,000 and a house where a scientist is making a warp from Naljo to Rijon as they both share Pokémon leagues and he will give you a Magic Wand (which evolves Eevee to Sylveon).

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back