• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Research: weather map level

Years
  • Seen Dec 20, 2010
hey, maybe the title is confusing but i`ll explain what i mean with weather map level, and what i would like to know if its possible

well, some weathers that we use i supose this goes also for R/S but right now i`m refering to FR/LG well when we have tiles with level, like one over another, some weathers like fog, don`t cover the upper tile.

like this watch.

well what i would like to know is if it is possible to change the weather values so that it covers all blocks. thanks

Derlo

Tired....
Years
I also have wondered if it would be possible.
I tried to edit the routines of the mist so that it could cover everything .. however, I saw every type of weather he has a routine BG specify for which it is active.

So I tried to replace them by the routine of rain (which covers all the tiles), and managed, but the fog covered the sprites too.

The way would be to create a new routine where only the BGs of the tiles were affected.

Then I will look for the offsets of the routines (formated the pc ..) if I find it out post here.

Years
  • Seen Dec 20, 2010
thanks, well it doesn`t matter if it covers the sprites too, cause, its the idea, right? at least it`d seem more realistic, mmm the weathers that need this are: the 3 kinds of fog there are, just them. and the underwater effect too. i have another doubt about weathers, storm flashes has a pattern, can it be modified?. just that, thanks :)

Years
  • Seen Dec 9, 2023
It's just the way the tiles are set up. In Ruby/Sapphire/Emerald trees don't overlap each other, in FireRed/LeafGreen they do.
Trees do overlap each other in R/S/E. It's just that the only maps that use that effect in R/S/E are in Mt. Pyre, and the tiles in those maps were designed so that none overlap. It's the same with FR/LG's Pokemon Tower.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Sep 7, 2023
I also have wondered if it would be possible.
I tried to edit the routines of the mist so that it could cover everything .. however, I saw every type of weather he has a routine BG specify for which it is active.

So I tried to replace them by the routine of rain (which covers all the tiles), and managed, but the fog covered the sprites too.

Doesn't rain cover the OW sprites too? Unless that's not what you mean...
The tiles that aren't affected by fog are the ones that appear on top of OW sprites. I don't think it would be possible to make the fog cover those, but not OW sprites.

Resultz

All- round Poke-Whizz
Years
but surely if the things overlapping the OW get covered then the OW should too? thats just common sense and it would look strange

Years
  • Seen Apr 19, 2012
Have you ever heard of "priority"?
This is an option for the backgrounds and OAMs which define what overlaps the other things.
You have to give the fog OAM a higher priority than all other BGs and OAMs, so it will cover them.

Derlo

Tired....
Years
Have you ever heard of "priority"?
This is an option for the backgrounds and OAMs which define what overlaps the other things.
You have to give the fog OAM a higher priority than all other BGs and OAMs, so it will cover them.

It may be that you're right.
But the fog and other weather effects, does not function like the tiles.

There is a subroutine in the main routines that define what BGs will be affected by time. The routine of the fog makes it affects the lower tiles (those that cover the OWS), since the routine of rain causes it to cover the tiles in both lower limbs, as above the tiles (which cover the OWS) and OWS.

When inverted the subroutine with the mist of rain, it made the OWS disappear and only animated fog appear.

When I did the study of these routines, I did not see none of that affects only the tiles.

So would have to create / edit a subroutine, where it affects only the tiles. But would be a strange one OW passing below the top of some tree in fog, and Ow not being covered by it (fog).

I went to check out GBATEK and saw the option of Alfa Bleending.
What would be perfect for solving this problem. Look something like this:

If they want to take a look: http://nocash.emubase.de/gbatek.htm#lcdiocolorspecialeffects

Last edited:
Back