• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best places on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! Community members will not see the bottom screen advertisements.
  • Want to share your adventures playing Pokémon?
    Check out our new Travel Journals forum for sharing playthroughs of ROM Hacks, Fan Games, and other Pokémon content!
  • IMPORTANT: Following a takedown request, the following hacks have been delisted from PokéCommunity:

• Pokémon Glazed
    • Pokémon: Giratina Strikes Back
    • Pokémon Flora Sky
    • Pokémon Stranded
    The downloads and discussion threads for these hacks will no longer be accessible, and staff will be unable to return questions regarding accessing this content.

FireRed hack: Pokemon Jasper Version

Status
Not open for further replies.

Banjora Marxvile

hOI!!!!!! i'm tEMMIE!!
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Mar 16, 2024
cavebb.png

My only problem so far with the update that hasn't been mentioned is this. I love the background of the cave, but that text box colour just seems to clash a bit to me. Seems too bright for the cave. Sure, it works elsewhere, but not in that cave scenario. That's me really being picky though I guess.

Mr. Black

Master Of Reality
Years
cavebb.png

My only problem so far with the update that hasn't been mentioned is this. I love the background of the cave, but that text box colour just seems to clash a bit to me. Seems too bright for the cave. Sure, it works elsewhere, but not in that cave scenario. That's me really being picky though I guess.

It used to be a lot brighter....i think it's ok

Years
  • Seen Mar 1, 2013
Pokemon Crimson, Blue Flames and Jasper really inspire me. I'm gonna send the fakemon to mavy to make a banner and I am going to start on my own hack!!!

shinyabsol1

Pokemon DarkJasper!?
Years
  • Seen Nov 23, 2022
mavy42 said:
bro, fullfilled is spelled as fulfilled. Man, the hack looks real good! VM me the legendary of the hack! I'ma make a userbar for you!

gam3r! said:
Aside from fulfilled , prophecy is spelled wrong on that screen ( it says prophesy ) but i don't care about spelling errors much
Everything looks awesome man , and the textbox is great with the darker palletes !
Keep it up

lol, my typing kind of sucks, and without spell check in the notepad document I was working in, I missed these errors. Although I could have sworn that I fixed the prophecy mistake...
I'm going to type in Word from now on.

Thanks for the comments, both of you!

gam3r! said:
Is that a dive spot over there ?

Yes, it is. Dive should be ready for the first beta!

Banjora Marxvile said:

Thanks for the feedback!

The colors seemed a bit "clashy" to me too at first, but the longer I looked at it, the more I didn't mind it. The colors don't clash so much with the grass bb, and I like it when combined with that, so I'll probably leave it alone.

PokemonMasters said:
exactly how long will the 1st beta be? or like how many gyms?

As of right now, my plan is to have the beta only go through the first gym, but with plenty of other events to make the play time longer.

SkyIsDarkBlue said:
Pokemon Crimson, Blue Flames and Jasper really inspire me. I'm gonna send the fakemon to mavy to make a banner and I am going to start on my own hack!!!

Glad to be part of your inspiration. Go for it! Best of luck to you. :)

Pokemon Trainer Kevin said:
Those screenshots look awesome! Looking forward to the release!

Thanks! :)

---

Well, I haven't had much success finding a new title that I like, so for now I am going to stick with Jasper Version as the title. If I can come up with something else that I like, I'll switch it, but right now Jasper is in (thanks for the suggestions, those who gave some).

mavy42 said:
I'ma make a userbar for you!

Go right ahead, especially now that Jasper will for sure be the title for now.

Years
  • Age 24
  • =/
  • Seen Feb 12, 2013
Woah, beautiful screenshots!
This is interesting hack!
Good luck with your hack! :)

shinyabsol1

Pokemon DarkJasper!?
Years
  • Seen Nov 23, 2022
Gerokunz said:
Woah, beautiful screenshots!
This is interesting hack!
Good luck with your hack!

LCCoolJ95 said:
The incorporation of more field moves sounds cool.

gam3r! said:
Hey how's progress going ?

Well, it was smooth until a few days ago when I discovered an awful bug. Due to JPAN's overworld hack that I applied, surf has ceased to function, and (so far) I have been unable to fix this problem. So unless I can do that , it looks like I will have to start over on a clean rom, reinserting all the stuff that I already did. I still have all the files for this task, so it should be easy to do, just very time consuming.

I was planning to post an update in the next few days, but that will no longer happen because I need to get this sorted out first.

shinyabsol1

Pokemon DarkJasper!?
Years
  • Seen Nov 23, 2022
Update!

Good news! I have completed reinserting everything onto a new rom! I'll be getting back to advancing on this project, so expect an update within the next week or so.

shinyabsol1

Pokemon DarkJasper!?
Years
  • Seen Nov 23, 2022
Update!

I've been working on implementing dive. Dive now functions for when you want to go underwater, and will soon support emerging from underwater.

Here are some screens:

divea.png

^Dive will function for any of the dark spots

underwater3.png

underwater2.png

^The Seaweed is not animated yet, but it will be soon!

It won't be long before dive is fully functioning. I guess I might upload a video of it working if anyone is interested in seeing it.

I'll probably be ready to update again in the next few days.

Last edited:

Alignment

Revered with the stars
Years
  • Seen Dec 25, 2016
Nice stuff. I'm quite interested in the fact you were able to get dive to work in fire red, is that a full animation or just a warp? Lastly did you make your own world map and trainer sprite? They look well done :)

shinyabsol1

Pokemon DarkJasper!?
Years
  • Seen Nov 23, 2022
Alignment said:
Nice stuff. I'm quite interested in the fact you were able to get dive to work in fire red, is that a full animation or just a warp? Lastly did you make your own world map and trainer sprite? They look well done :)

The dive script works by warping. It takes the player's X/Y coordinates, and warps them to that location on an underwater map (sounds simple, but there is a ton of other stuff that goes into getting it to work properly).

And yes, the world map and hero sprites are both made by me. Thanks!

gam3r! said:
Sweet ! New update ! it looks really good ! Looking forward for more ;)

miksy91

Dark Energy is back in action! ;)
Years
The dive script works by warping. It takes the player's X/Y coordinates, and warps them to that location on an underwater map (sounds simple, but there is a ton of other stuff that goes into getting it to work properly).
Really nice script but I'd also like to know something more about it :P

So how are you going to implement "being able to return," ? Will each position you can "surf on" lead to a water block in "upper world" when used Dive to return? First I got the idea that you're going to compare your current (x,y) location to some list values for being able to use Dive. That wouldn't have been a great idea at all...

Also, "warp-to-points" during warps can't be determined as ram addresses, right? They're just [Map Number (2 bytes)] [X location] [Y location]. So how did you manage it to load the current (x,y) value as part of the warp-script? Assembly? Or a trigger event on each position in the "upper world" map where you can use Dive? That wouldn't explain the way how using Dive in the underworld map (practically) could be implemented though.

shinyabsol1

Pokemon DarkJasper!?
Years
  • Seen Nov 23, 2022
It would be a bit difficult for me to explain exactly how it works (efficiently), but I'll try to answer your questions as best I can.

miksy91 said:
So how are you going to implement "being able to return," ? Will each position you can "surf on" lead to a water block in "upper world" when used Dive to return? First I got the idea that you're going to compare your current (x,y) location to some list values for being able to use Dive. That wouldn't have been a great idea at all...

In the "upper world", the script will take the x/y coordinates of the player and warp the player accordingly to an underwater map. The same is true for the underwater map. So the coordinates of where you can dive from on one map must match up with the coordinates of where you can resurface from underwater on another map.

Oh yeah, and dive/emerge are their own separate scripts.

miksy91 said:
Also, "warp-to-points" during warps can't be determined as ram addresses, right? They're just [Map Number (2 bytes)] [X location] [Y location]. So how did you manage it to load the current (x,y) value as part of the warp-script? Assembly? Or a trigger event on each position in the "upper world" map where you can use Dive? That wouldn't explain the way how using Dive in the underworld map (practically) could be implemented though.

I have made use of one of JPAN's specials to make it work properly. Special 0x7F - get tile attribute. Hard to explain, but by checking whether or not a certain tile has water encounter potential I can make it work. I should also mention that the dive/emerge script is activated using JPAN's behavior byte hack.

Hope that helps you understand somewhat!

shinyabsol1

Pokemon DarkJasper!?
Years
  • Seen Nov 23, 2022
Update!

forest3_zps95a181f0.png
forest2_zps8cfb1bb2.png

Forest area. Yes, I am aware of the tile errors/missing tiles.

cave2_zps05cb9ca3.png
cave1_zps3a578333.png

Cave area

drifloon_zpsb1d8c2ed.png
chatot_zpsaf9b6a3b.png

A few 4th gen Pokemon that I have inserted thus far. Credit for the sprites to Chaos Rush!

shroomish_zpsaacd88c2.png
bellossom_zps94a561eb.png

I have also been recoloring some Pokemon.

---

Also, I will be uploading a video of dive working at some point today!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back