• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen What's wrong with Ghetsis...?

Miss Doronjo

Gaiden
Years
You know, as I played Pokemon Black 2 again, I've once again had the joyous pleasure of defeating Ghetsis again. However... there was something I noticed; when we've faced Ghetsis and defeated him in BW, he went on a rant on how he was "PERFECTION" in which, I thought nothing of it at the time, because, well, most villains, after they've been defeated go on a rant on how "they can't believe they lost because they are PERFECT" right?

But then, when you've defeated him in B2W2... there seems to be something more to Ghetsis; he goes on a rant again, but... this time, his rant want: "Shut your mouth! Shut up! Shut up! Shut UP! Don't talk like a person, you freak! No real person could talk to Pokémon!" I mean, perhaps this is sinking more into this, but whoa. That was a complete 180 in my book. At least compared to the other villains. Not long after words, the Shadow Triad took him away. When we've met the Shadow Triad again, on where they've said, that he can't do any more bad deeds anymore. Or rather, he can't.

So... with the key word being "can't" here, I'm wondering; what do you think happened to Ghetsis after the battle, and after his skirmish with N? Do you think that something is mentally wrong with Ghetsis? Or... do you have any other thoughts about this?

Starry Windy

Everything will be Daijoubu.
Years
I guess Ghetsis is too frustrated that his plans are failed twice in a row, and defeated by 2 different protagonist (the protagonist in BW and B2W2 are different) in each of his plans. Because he can't accept the fact that he's not a perfection, he become stressed out that he can't do anything anymore...

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
Years
Given his insanity, Ghetsis probably suffered the nervous breakdown to end all nervous breakdowns, since he got defeated twice.

Haruhi.

私は卵だ。
Years
  • Seen Apr 30, 2013
He became mentally brain-dead after being beaten twice in a row.

Years
  • Seen Dec 8, 2013
Ghetsis is probably imprisoned somewhere or in a mental institution, if he got caught at all. What I want to know is: what happened to his Pokemon?

Zorogami

WUB WUB
Years
I think he was so disappointed of having failed once again, he went completely crazy. Ghetsis is one of those characters that can't accept they were wrong and change their opinion about something. Once he failed again, all he had left was insulting others on a personal level...

Back