• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Video Game Weapons

Years
  • Seen Oct 22, 2023
Most games have weapons. Call of Duty has guns, Battlefield has rocket launches[/i], Star Wars has Lightsabers, Assassin's Creed has hidden blades… so, from any video game, what are some of your favorite weapons? What things do they do—what are their main purposes? Why do you like these weapons? o:

I really like Master Sword from the Legend of Zelda series. The sword is quite mystical; if it doesn't accept you as a hero, then you cannot carry it. If you ever tried to lift it up, it would break your bones in an instant. In order to be considered a hero, you'd have to go through a lot of trials and errors to prove that you've got what it takes. A spirit sleeps deep within the sword, known as Fi. If the sword had accepted you, then you'd be accompanied by Fi wherever you went. In the game, there is a character known as Ganondorf. This guy is invincible, and could never be beaten unless you used the Master Sword on him. If you've got this sword carrying around with you, then no evil could get near you. d:

Another of my favorite weapon is the Red Shell from Mario Kart. If you manage to get a hold of this item, you could hit your opponent with it nearest to you, and their kart with crash within just a blink of an eye. Once they crash, they remain stuck in one position for five to six seconds, allowing you to pass right through them. Red Shell is always accurate; it would never miss. It locks onto your foe as soon as you throw it out on the field, and it keeps following them until it successfully strikes them. I like the Green Shell, too, but its accuracy just isn't as good as the red.

TY

One of my fave weapons is the Skullmasher from Borderlands 1&2
This gun has to much extra crit damage, and its easily one of my fave sniper rifles ive ever used. With the Bee it may be a really dangerous weapon if you stay back and pick off enemies.

T!M

Four Category MoTY (VG) Winner
Years
Cloud's Hardedge in Final Fantasy 7

In Call of Duty; it's any variation of the M4A1 Carbine. My favorite gun in the entire series.

TY

In Call of Duty; it's any variation of the M4A1 Carbine. My favorite gun in the entire series.

Oh god... the M4A1, i love this gun so much in CoD 4 <3
Though i was more of a SMG type of guy... P90 FTW <3

Reactions: T!M

Dragon

lover of milotics
Years
I really like the Ragneel from the Fire Emblem games! I mean, hooray for swords that are coated with Magical energy - the Ragneel is super powerful in Fire Emblem Awakening, and even in Fire Emblem PoA/RD. I use Ike a lot in battles because of it - his skill potential and strength with the Ragneel pretty much allows him to finish an entire chapter on his own, occasionally! Though of course, mages still suck.. ugh. I like how they made the Ragneel a mystic relic in Fire Emblem Awakening - anyone can wield it, and the pay off is glorious.

I do like the Master Sword in the Legend of Zelda games too. My favourite version of the Master Sword is from Twilight Princess, where you'd have to go through the sacred grove, fighting off stallchilds and chasing a skull kid. It was annoying, but, it was all part of the test! The Master Sword is pretty strong too. Perhaps not as strong as say, the Biggoron's sword, but, it still gets the job done, killing all those Big Skulltulas in one hit~

pokemasta92

3rd Gen. Enthusiast
Years
  • Age 31
  • USA
  • Seen Dec 28, 2021
Short lightsabers, regular lightsabers, double-bladed lightsabers, etc.

Years
  • Seen Sep 18, 2020
I already made a post about Spinfusors sometime, so I'll talk about something else...

The XL Mass Driver Cannons affixed to the Escondidon Pelayo-class battleship in Infinite Space. They aren't especially powerful despite each being the entire length of the ship, and are incredibly innaccurate both due to the Pelayo's poor anti-ship stat and the weapon itself having poor inherent accuracy, but they do have a massive 26000 range (as I recall) which is incredible at the point the ship can be acquired. With some good modules and a fast command gauge, the Mass Drivers can do terrible work with relentless impunity.

Moving on, the Storm Chaingun in EVN is... well, look at it. A fully-automated point-defence system that will fill the space around one's ship with a storm of bullets, probably hence its namesake, which presents a barrier against enemy missiles and fightercraft alike. What I like most is how it makes one feel untouchable in a way, and so 'above' lowly fighter pilots that I don't even need to target them with my main weapons. I forget how effective the Storm Chaingun actually is, but it will at least rip Firebirds apart with ease.

Last edited:

Nakala Pri

Sun Ring's from Eternal Sonata and the Faeblades from Kingdom of Amaular. :P

I love using katana's and dagger's too, but chakrams... ooooh, I love 'em! xD

Elaitenstile

I am legend
Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Feb 27, 2015
I don't have many favourite weapons but I happen to like swords, daggers and projectiles (be it arrow or stone) and despise all firearms (other than bows, if you consider them firearm). That's why I like all those 'knight' games which take you to the world of these aforementioned weapons.

(COD is the only exception to this)

Decimosoma

Free to dream, free to smile
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Feb 13, 2014
As gross it may sound, the overall idea and the execution of God Eater's main weapon became one of my favorite weapons of all time. Mostly the New-Type God Arcs, though.

God Arcs are mechanical weapons that are infused with Oracle Cells.
In short, the God Arc is actually an Aragami itself,
with an artificial man-made core called the Artificial CNS.
It is currently the only weapon capable of eradicating the Aragami.
The God Arc's strength can be temporarily boosted by devouring an Aragami.

And it's capable of doing pretty much anything. Long-range, mid-air, close-combat, switching between gun and blade form, the list goes on.

Homura Akemi

time is f o r e v e r~
Years
I really like Marisa Kirisame's Mini-Hakkero. It's a weapon that creates magical energy, and is described as being able to completely eradicate a whole mountain.

Another weapon would be the Ray Gun from Call of Duty's Zombies mode. It's just a weird and out of place gun while thinking "killing undead", which is why I love it. (not to mention it owns :3)

pokemasta92

3rd Gen. Enthusiast
Years
  • Age 31
  • USA
  • Seen Dec 28, 2021
I don't have many favourite weapons but I happen to like swords, daggers and projectiles (be it arrow or stone) and despise all firearms (other than bows, if you consider them firearm). That's why I like all those 'knight' games which take you to the world of these aforementioned weapons.

(COD is the only exception to this)
Melee weapons are awesome. What about lightsabers hmm hmm? :P
And you're correct about what a bow is.

Gun:
A normally tubular weapon or other device designed to discharge projectiles or other material.
Firearm: A portable gun, being a barreled weapon that launches one or more projectiles often defined by the action of an explosive.

A bow is not a gun and arrows are fired manually without the use of an explosive. So you win! {XD}

TY

I have to mention the upgraded Wind Staff from CoD Zombies: Origins...
This weapon is way too OP, its not even funny...
If you charge it, it will fire a tornado, sucking zombies into the tornado and killing them, giving you massive ammount of points in a short time.

Back