• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Favorite Legendary of all regions

WingedDragon

Competitive Trainer
Years
Pokemon.com over the summer did a fan poll of who was the best legendary of them all and Mew won. Do you agree with this? If not who you think is the best Legend and why?

Growing up a Gen1 kid. I believe Mew is the best. It can learn EVERYTHING. Which makes it wicked awesome by that alone.

Years
  • Seen Apr 29, 2013
LMFAO I couldn't tell by your signature lol.

My favorite out of all the regions is Giratina

Years
Mew's ability to learn any TM is nice. Regigigas is my favourite, as it's 1 of only 2 Pokemon in the games so op that their ability is designed to give the opponent a handicap. Plus it's the first Normal Legendary.

Captain Gizmo

Monkey King
Years
Mew is the best. The only legendary to be able to learn any moves. Now THAT'S what a legendary Pokemon is all about.

Years
Maybe it's because I don't use legendaries all that often, but Rayquaza would have to be my favorite out of all the regions (followed by Giratina- mostly for its typing). 12 year old me thought it was the coolest thing to have finally have a legendary Dragon-type Pokemon, so much so that I had a team of 6 of them at one point (with 6 seperate movesets) after using the cloning glitch on Emerald.

Perico

Ripper
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Jun 12, 2022
I'd like to use more often legendaries in my team, but I always fill it up before I get to catch any, so I end up leaving them in a box. There was that time when I just wanted to find as many as I could to use them in my team (yeah, I remember having a 6-legendaries team)... but well, the point is that I can't really decide which of Latios, Latias and Darkrai would be my favourite one.

Darkrai is a legendary which I have never trained because of what I explained before (my team was already filled up). On the other hand, I remember having Latios and Latias in my Ruby and Sapphire version (I had a Latias from Southern Island in Ruby; I appreciated that Latias a lot, and unfortunately currently my Ruby cartridge is lost D: ) and I liked them both. But well, let's just pick one and I'd say Latios.

Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Dec 9, 2020
I've to pick the "Original Pokemon Master" so Mewtwo, immediately followed by Rayquaza, the only legendary pokemon that I've appreciated after the second gen

Last edited:
Years
I know it was a fan-specific poll but I know a lot of non-fans who also love Mew, so it's easy to see where his popularity comes from :)

As for me, while I like it well enough, it wouldn't be my favourite, mine would probably be Moltres - it can learn one of my favourite moves (Sky Attack) and I've just loved it since around Pokémon Stadium :)

pikakitten

You met with a terrible fate
Years
Gen I
Mew, learns everything, adorable xD

Gen II
Celebi, travels in time, adorable xD

Gen III
Jirachi/Rayquaza; makes wishes, adorable xD; Is cool looking and powerful

Gen IV
Shaymin/Arceus; awesome powers, adorable xD; god of pokemon xD

Gen V
Victini/Kyurem; immense power, adorable xD; two super awesome formes! xD

Years
  • Seen Dec 10, 2013
My favorites are Mewtwo and Palkia.

Mewtwo because when I was a growing up, i always seemed like such a badass and still does today. Also, because it was gen1 and psychic types were OP Mewtwo was ridiculous.

Palkia just because I think he looks really cool.

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
Years
Out of all legendary Pokémon, I like Kyogre, Deoxys, Dialga and Palkia. They're versatile in battle, IMO.

Sassy Milkshake

It's ok to cry.
Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Feb 10, 2013
Mew's ability to learn any TM is nice. Regigigas is my favourite, as it's 1 of only 2 Pokemon in the games so op that their ability is designed to give the opponent a handicap. Plus it's the first Normal Legendary.
*Cough*3*Pokemon? Not counting Archen and Slakoth.

I like Palkia. Purple dinosaur thing that Surfs.

Kikaito plush

Angeline plushxKikaito plush
Years
I think I'll anwser this thread wynaut

Missingno

I would have to say Celebi it may not be as strong as Mew but it's cuter that Mew.

TheFattestSnorlax

New year, new possibilities
Years
Mewtwo is a beast, becuase a Master Ball can only capture it and knows some cool moves. Do you call Snorlax a legendary?

Back