• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Suggestion: Facebook sharing

Moltres Rider

Banned
Years
I think it good addition to the forums is a Facebook sharing button under threads or posts to share a particular thread or post to your Facebook. also I think there should be an option to post your threads and other posts to Facbook using a checkbox when you are typing a post or a thread to PokéCommunity forums that says 'post to Facebook' many sites or incorporating this and other forums have too so I think PokéCommunity Forums should too...

Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen Dec 16, 2022
I guess a share button could be implemented very easily, although for now just download AddThis if you want to share something on a social network.

Years
  • Age 32
  • UK
  • Seen Oct 17, 2023
I can understand sharing particular threads, put 'posting to facebook' is a social media thing, not a forum thing.

It works for twitter and sometimes blogs (tumblr, for example) but I don't really see it being compatible with pokécommunity.

In the mean time, why not just copy the URL of the thread and share it that way? :) If you copy/paste it into a message or status update the little image and summary will appear below.

Years
I can understand sharing particular threads, put 'posting to facebook' is a social media thing, not a forum thing.

It works for twitter and sometimes blogs (tumblr, for example) but I don't really see it being compatible with pokécommunity.

In the mean time, why not just copy the URL of the thread and share it that way? :) If you copy/paste it into a message or status update the little image and summary will appear below.
I agree with this totally. Just copying and pasting the link of whatever you want shared onto Facebook is plenty enough for someone to click the link and browse the topic themselves if they wish to actually look at it. And to add to that, Facebook has a good URL algorithm and it will at least describe what the topic is about.

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Dec 30, 2023
You guys do realise that forums are a kind of social media right? Most of the good forum software include this option, as well as the option to share the page in a tweet. I see no harm in adding the options to do it down at the bottom of the page. It would be completely non-intrusive.

And for those saying that PC shouldn't be linked to other social media sites, go ahead and take a look at our footer, we have 3 others we already link to. Which keeps people updated and in the loop when we're not on the forum. So I'm all for adding like/share/tweet buttons at the end of each thread given that they legitimately cannot do any harm.

tnfsf11

I am a Facebook user and a PokeCommunity user but do not in any way want the services linked, if you want to share a PokeCommunity post so badly then take a screenshot then upload it. And you shouldn't do that without someone elses permission. Many users here would also be uncomfortable here if you could find them on Facebook or had their forum activity plastered over a strangers wall. What if someone uses linked posts to comment abusive things on Facebook, wouldn't that be out of the moderators jurisdiction? Our personal lives and forum activities are often completely different, no need to muddy the waters. I think a whole lot of users here would also be against the idea.
I agree strongly with this, if you want to share posts you can share your owns by either taking a screenshot or simply sharing the direct link to a particular post, other than that I don't see integrating FB with tPC is necessary.

Back