• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Starter Pokémon

Pick a starter.

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
Does anyone else think the starter for X and Y are a bit lame compared to past starters? :(

I don't see anything wrong with the designs, most people if I recall claimed 5th Gen had the most lame-looking starters, maybe because they hated Emboar so much for being the third Fire/Fighting starter in a row.

These starters evolution lines have some motif of being based on RPG classes, namely a fighter/knight (Chespin/Quilladin/Chesnaught), a mage (Fennekin/Braixen/Delphox) and a thief/rogue (Froakie/Frogadier/Greninja).

Zorogami

WUB WUB
Years
I honestly think the X/Y starters look way better than the ones in BW, and after seeing their final evos and their typings, i can say i'm really excited about this Gen!! I'm not quite sure who i like more, Chespin or Froakie, but since i'm getting both versions I'll pick one in each :D

I'm really glad Gamefreak went with some completely new type combos with this Gen's starters!

Rainecho

-Music is My Life-
Years
I want to try something new and I'll go with Froakie. I mainly pick Fire Types, but using Fire types somehow make the game boring, it's just so OP. So... Froakie looks weird to me ans that's why I like it. XD

Years
I honestly think the X/Y starters look way better than the ones in BW, and after seeing their final evos and their typings, i can say i'm really excited about this Gen!! I'm not quite sure who i like more, Chespin or Froakie, but since i'm getting both versions I'll pick one in each :D

I'm really glad Gamefreak went with some completely new type combos with this Gen's starters!

It's funny they gave us a fourth straight generation with a starter that becomes part-Fighting, but the first time that's not the Fire-type. The types of the final stage Kalos starters are Grass/Fighting, Fire/Psychic and Water/Dark.

Zorogami

WUB WUB
Years
It's funny they gave us a fourth straight generation with a starter that becomes part-Fighting, but the first time that's not the Fire-type.

I havent even thought about that, i guess that is pretty funny!
I think chesnaught looks great, and i'm in love with greininjas design and typing!! :D

SgtStuddMuffin

Gotta Catch 'em all.
Years
I don't see anything wrong with the designs, most people if I recall claimed 5th Gen had the most lame-looking starters, maybe because they hated Emboar so much for being the third Fire/Fighting starter in a row.

These starters evolution lines have some motif of being based on RPG classes, namely a fighter/knight (Chespin/Quilladin/Chesnaught), a mage (Fennekin/Braixen/Delphox) and a thief/rogue (Froakie/Frogadier/Greninja).

I guess that's true but I just don't think they are great looking as previous starters. I haven't seen the final evolution's yet so I can't comment on that, But I think they are too, I dont know, Cartoony?

Years
  • Seen Feb 13, 2015
since seeing the final evo's i am going to choose chespin i really dislike the fire types final evo and froakie is alright but i think chespin's final evo looks really good and good defense stats too and i will choose charmander i would choose squirtle but i like clauncher and i want a gyrados so there is too much choice for water types the only grass type i would like to try is skiddo.

Treecko

the princess without voice
Years
Right now, i'm still pretty set on picking Fennekin, but I really like the designs of Chesnaught and Greninja so I'm still sort of conflicted on which one to pick. I've always picked the Grass starter though and Chespin's final evo really changed my mind about it and I could continue that tradition or break it by going with Fennekin. I really like the idea of a psychic fox Pokemon.

Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen May 3, 2014
Fire starter... ehhh nope i hate those...

Grass starter... my god no...

Water starter... froakie ALL THE WAY!

seishiro-san

Inspirational
Years
I am having quite a hard time choosing between Froakie and Chespin! Eventually I shall decide one day before 12th >.<Mostly I am more the Froakie side.

Years
i think ill be going chespin, i rarely choose grass starters(the only other time ive used one was treecko) but i just feel like i prefer it over fennekin and froakie. and ill be choosing squirtle from the professor, and the torchic event, so theres an even spread of the three starter types right there.

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Jun 12, 2014
i am going to go with Chespin and charmander in x and will probably play through again with froakie and bulbasaur as i am torn between my love for froakies first form and chespins second and third and i have always liked bulbasaur but charizard x is too awesome to pass up on

Years
  • Age 31
  • USA
  • Seen Feb 19, 2022
I'm choosing fennekin because she's my favorite starter in a really long time. And charmander but he probably won't stay in my team because I'll have fennekin. I love her but not the evolved forms so I'm keeping her little.

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Dec 25, 2016
Delphox is the worst starter to date, but I do love it's Fire/Psychic typing. So as of right now I think I'll go with it. If not, then Greninja because even though I'm going Kalos pokemon only I want a mega on my team and I'm thinking of going with Gardevoir and I don't want two Psychic types on my team.

Overall Greninja is by far the best of the three. Chesnaught is alright as well.

HUF_DBC

Do you think you will be able to obtain one of the Johto starters in X and Y. I really want a Typhlosion. He's my favorite pokemon!

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen May 15, 2023
Do you think you will be able to obtain one of the Johto starters in X and Y. I really want a Typhlosion. He's my favorite pokemon!

There is no Dex info for them in the Region so story wise, no. Doesn't really seem that there are any hand outs either as the Leakers haven't produced any new information on Pokemon.

Surprised there's a lack of trades found too. We've only seen 2 trades happen.

HUF_DBC

There is no Dex info for them in the Region so story wise, no. Doesn't really seem that there are any hand outs either as the Leakers haven't produced any new information on Pokemon.

Surprised there's a lack of trades found too. We've only seen 2 trades happen.

Bummer :/ Oh well. Thanks for letting me know!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back