• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

3rd Gen Easiest Gym Leader

Easiest Kanto Gym Leader

• Total voters
Years
  • Seen Dec 2, 2013
Brock because my charmeleon learned metal claw and Erika because she's a grass user and my two strongest pokemon by then were charizard and pigeotto

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Feb 7, 2017
Lt. Surge is definitely the easiest IMO, just catch a Diglett and Surge can't hurt you at all. Even the weakest Digglet (I think the lowest level they can appear at is 15) can easily wipe out his team.

Brizz

TM87
Years
I'd have to say Brock was the easiest Gym Leader. With Charmander being able to learn Metal Claw it makes it pretty easy to defeat Brock no matter what starter you picked.

jaydezzal

Sarcastic Guy
Years
I'm gonna have to vote for Erika. In almost every run of FireRed/LeafGreen I like to use a Dodrio, and since you can catch Doduo just west of Celadon, I always have one for her. I always follow my capture of Doduo by beating the gym or the hideout(training Doduo along the way) and even with a freshly caught level 22 - 23 Doduo, I have never had even the slightest trouble beating the whole gym(only leaving to heal once or twice, friggin poison). Type advantage aside, I usually get Doduo to about level 26 or 27 and still beat Erika no problem, so I can only imagine that she'd be far too easy to beat with, say, a Charizard or Pidgeot or whatever, that you've had since the beginning of the game.

Kind of unrelated, but I like this story: One time I beat everything(i.e Silph Co., Koga, and Sabrina) but I forgot to beat Erika, which I usually do as soon as I get to Celadon, so I went and fought the gym... my whole team was in the mid-late 40s, not to mention I had a Fearow and a Charizard... Easiest thing ever.

Years
  • Seen Jun 12, 2014
My vote's gotta go to Erika. You can catch a fire type just outside of her town and it's not all that easy to train. Also, considering 3 of her 4 grass types are also poison types, they just have too many weaknesses to be even remotely a threat

Years
  • Seen Jul 16, 2014
Erika was the easiest for me too given you could find a ton of pokemon that have an advantage to Grass at that point of the game.

Years
  • Seen Jan 26, 2015
I'd have to say Giovanni. On my last playthrough I walked up to him with a team from the high 20's to low 30's and won way to easy.

JokerBen

Director of Pokémon Nobelium
Years
  • Age 23
  • Seen Aug 29, 2023
Erika was my easiest because I like Fire pokemon...

Years
  • Seen Jul 17, 2016
Wow I actually find Erika to be quite tough, especially in the originals.

For me the easiest has always been Brock, naturally but excluding him I'd say Koga. For some reason I never, ever had any difficulty with his techniques.

Back